>In this 'Brave New World'...

>(re)presenting

Other urls found in this thread:

adanewmedia.org/2017/05/issue11-kruger/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Varieties of...

>... and its discontents

>the ______ turn

>As Hegel famously said about prefaces...

>a story we tell ourselves about ourselves

>a book for all and none / an untimely book

>[waxing philosophical about the imperfect hermeneutic nature of translation]

>The [thing] as [thing]: [idea1], [ironic, short, and 'funny' sounding idea2], and the [longer phrase that sort of synthesizes the first two ideas]

Putting (pre)fixes and (suf)fixes in bracket(s). A lot of the time it does(n't) even make sense.

In this age of X

On X: an investigation/discourse

More timely than ever

>math is hard :(

>tfw I took a comp lit class titled (re)presenting the past
>tfw it was basically just historical revisionism with a basic bitch progleft sugar coating
Taught by a 70yo German lesbian, no less. That cured me of the undergrad literature meme. Now I just read books on my own time and wallow in ignorance.

>[Thing] and [Thing]

>Being and Time
>Truth and Method
>Poetry and Truth
>Time and Narrative
>Naming and Necessity
>Word and Object
>Difference and Repetition

>Rather than settling the question, this paper aims to...

aah

>[Zeitgeisty Focus of Discussion] in [niche historical/ethnic/literary subject]: [subtitle comprised of a series of vaguely related words or concepts]

i.e. Female voices in 19th-century Transcendentalism: Ankles, Agnosticism and Apathy

>Female voices in 19th-century Transcendentalism: Ankles, Agnosticism and Apathy
That's probably an actual paper, lol

It's always "voices" or "bodies", I don't know what they're trying to say half the time

>Black Bodies in American Tupperware Manufacturing: A Queer Approach

>dude weed lmao

>qua
>vis-a-vis
>insofar as
>always already

Biggest cliché: lecturer is an autistic jew that looks like a goblin (can be male or female, doesn't matter)

keked
>provide the reader with the necessary tools to criticaly exam...

>a priori; a posteriori

>The Technopo(e)litics of Rupi Kaur: (de)Colonial AestheTics and Spatial Narrations in the DigiFemme Age

>Abstract: Rupi Kaur, a trending poetess of Instagram, has recently gained critical acclaim online for her newly published poetry collection milk and honey which is a stunning depiction of trauma, survival, love, womanhood, and friendship. Identifying as a first-generation Canadian, Punjabi-Sikh, woman of color, Kaur works visually in her book and on Instagram to portray and subvert how space functions to produce the gendered, diasporic subject as a body that is “unhomed.” Through the complex interplay of illustrated imagery and verse, Kaur contests the violent spatial (and bordering) practices of nationalism by positioning her poems’ personae in new and different ways to occupy, produce, and claim space off and online—performances of celebration, reclamation, resistance, and ultimately, acts of (de)colonial self-love. Kaur’s art and cyberspatial narration adds an important dimension to considering the colonial project of space. Occupying space on Instagram, Kaur supplants the place where women have traditionally been relegated. It is exactly the embodied telling of Kaur’s artwork that she attributes to the importance of its public nature: the Instagram becomes the home—rehomed by her art—whereas the nation becomes the network. Through Kaur’s narratives shared online, Kaur connects to a cyberspatial sisterhood and demonstrates that healing through narrative is necessarily collective.

adanewmedia.org/2017/05/issue11-kruger/

>acts of (de)colonial self-love
the heck is that?

Probably written before that dumb cunt of a “femme poet” got called out for plagiarism

colonialism strained, twisted, blurred, demented, bastardized, obstructed, oppressed, repressed, the possibilities of self-love: so, a de-ing of all that

>tfw I notice how many times I used this one

That has always bothered me, I'm not expecting calculus understanding of math but most people have a difficult time applying simple arithmetic

>does(n't)
Evangelion 3.14: This Does (Not) Make Sense

thats because people that know higher math do the same thing people that know hegel do, cloak and obscure and im-special-signal and explain things overly complicatedly and purposefully inintuitively to feel privilege

>something to do with how it wasn't the end of history
every single IR book but i enjoy it

>t. can't into basic terminology

One that has already been stated, but let me give a variation on the theme: hyper-focus of subject; ostensibly, to be as objective as possible and avoid blanket statements.
>Aspects of African-American racial conflict reflected in early 60's Virginian art.

A major one is redifintion or new application of terms, usually very early in the paper, along with analysis of underlying assumptions:
>By relying on the term post-enlightenment, past researchers have (perhaps unknowingly) given their analyses a western centric focus that is altogether inaccurate and discriminatory. By focusing the history of science on a supposed explosion of scientific thought in 16th and 17th century Europe as opposed to the Muslim scientific tradition who carried the torch through the dark ages, one is struck with the implied racism of enlightenment as a singular euro-centric event at all. A perhaps better term is post-european liberation, in relation to changing notions after the French revolution.

Use of obscure Latin phrases with no translation that had to have been added from a list in an attempt to appear learned:
>While an analysis of signifier over signified is outside the bounds of this essay one must be aware that Caesar non supra grammaticos. Indeed, an over emphasis on the textual importance of BCE as opposed to BC is somewhat pointless as the transition to AD or CE, is still based around Christ's birth, however fully one believes Carthago delenda est. To continue in this tradition, the original uses have been retained and if future scholars find issue, castigat ridendo mores, and it will be changed in future editions.

Introductions to prefaces to introductions to new editions:
>introduction to the 4th edition
>introduction to the 3rd edition
>preface
>translators notes
>notes from the edition
>introduction to the 1st edition