Literature about fallen man

As an Englishmen, I find it hard to grasp modern American culture and it's sources. Why do American's seem so hollow and empty? Even many townies in the UK seem so hollow, behind their facade of consumerism you can see there is nothing there. No meaning living for pleasure.

The older generation that lived through and were born in the war, seem to be so radically different from anyone younger. How did this cultural revolution come about?

Any literature talks about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

thezeitgeistmovement.se/files/Lasch_Christopher_The_Culture_of_Narcissism.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Baudrillard, America

Tocqueville on America

>not understanding logic
the only refutation of an "if ___, then ___" statement is "if ___, then not ___". the refutation would be "I think, therefore I am not"

Christopher Lasch takes a hit at it from an angle theat isn't the usual muh degeneracy
thezeitgeistmovement.se/files/Lasch_Christopher_The_Culture_of_Narcissism.pdf

That's bad translation i guess
I'm not sure but original quote was in Italian

Jews orchestrated a kind of cultural coup in the 1960s. Although they had been planting its degenerative seeds into the culture for longer, that was really when they were able to brainwash the boomer generation into taking up this new post-Christian universalist religion of liberalism and instructed them to believe their new original sin was racism, or that traditionalism and the eras of the past were oppressive and evil, basically creating a generation of self-loathing iconoclasts in the jewish mould. That generation, or more so the jews who led it, are now at peak influence.

I think America's ultra-capitalism seems to play a big part in it, but British cities - especially London - seem to be heavy mirrorings of US society.

Especially with the current mass immigration going on, soon most of the population won't have any history here, they have no connection to this land either. It seems to be to be the easiest way to control a population

>The older generation that lived through and were born in the war, seem to be so radically different from anyone younger
Americans have been this way for at least 100 years. The only place in the New World with actual culture is Quebec.

Even Americans that call themselves 'Traditionalists' don't have much of a culture to ground themselves in.

It seems that way. California seems the worst for it all

>Even Americans that call themselves 'Traditionalists' don't have much of a culture to ground themselves in.
Exactly. They rejected their Anglo roots and sort of just replaced it with... Walmart.

>Especially with the current mass immigration going on, soon most of the population won't have any history here, they have no connection to this land either. It seems to be to be the easiest way to control a population

Yes, internal and external migration has stopped American culture from developing. People in America are too transitory to develop roots. The farther you get from the East coast the farther you get from American culture, until you make it to Hollywood, LA. The most disgusting soulless plot of Dreck on the continent. From their the Jews and other rootless gypsies produce the latest shit to keep the traveling slave happy and fat. It doesn't help that America was developing at the same time as massive technological progress continuously upset any established order. I may be exaggerating, but it is nothing like Europe. There are barely 300 years of European history, and considering a great deal of immigrants came after the revolution, they don't share the same founding stock, and have decided that theirs is a country of immigration, adopting a view of life from which it is impossible to create a stable culture, because that needs to be tied down to unique people in a unique place. America makes me sad. It may be hyperbole and I'm sure some American who has culture can offer a counter balance to my foreign opinion, but they are clearly the exception. Their cities, and their country is overrun with strangers and they will always be strangers unless they settle down.

I think we are dealing with genetic, semiotic and systemic phenomena nobody can accurately understand. The answer lies in behavioral ecology and systems science. Everything about this is just meaningless narrative.

A minority of Americans has Anglo roots, there was no rejection, since they never had it.

At least there is starting to be some pushback against it. Trump - although not fulfilling a few of his promises - is a symbol of a quiet but discontent and forgotten people. America is a large and gun owning country, so they should be alright.

Anglo and European roots

I've been around many conservatives, given that I live in a more hickish area of Michigan. These guys really have no sense of what conservatism really means. They speak very fervent on gun laws, making appeals to liberty and opposing tyranny, yet they use these guns in real life only as toys to shoot around with at the range. Their political ideas are all very superficial, and they have the same vein of "culture of ignorance" the blacks have (Probably because both originated in the south). Their traditions consist of watching television as a family, eating, talking about pickup trucks (not even joking), watching sports on television. The American liberal is a highbrow cultureless consumer, but the american conservative is the other side of the coin, a troglodyte cultureless consumer.

Trump is the epitome of the consumerist society, a TV show personality getting elected on memes and rhetoric. There is going to be no reversal in his term, the country will only degenerate at a slower rate until the next democrat takes office and loosens the faucet even more. The republican party is a castrated bull.

I know about Trump, that's why I said he's a symbol of an unhappy population. The media and many 'liberals' did everything they could to ensure he would not get in, and he did.

Brave New World talks about consumerism a lot

This just looks like people having fun

It's capitalism, and the deterritorialisation that comes with it. The ultimate goal of capitalism is a world of interexchangable atomised units, you are an input, to be mined for capital and then discarded when no longer needed. The subjects of capitalism are united only through

>Hell is a city much like London --
>A populous and a smoky city;
>There are all sorts of people undone,
>And there is little or no fun done;
>Small justice shown, and still less pity.

>Even Americans that call themselves 'Traditionalists' don't have much of a culture to ground themselves in.

The recent surge in 'identity politics' is all about the loss of identity. 'sjws' and /pol/ LARPers originate in the same suburban lab rat substrate. They strive to distinguish themselves from the nothingness that surrounds them.

>The subjects of capitalism are united only through universal separation

I'd argue that the new American traditionalists are arguably better than the SJW's. However the kekistani larpers are extremely strange

>As an Englishmen, I find it hard to grasp modern American culture and it's sources. Why do American's seem so hollow and empty?
lol. Shut the fuck up, Oliver.

These "it's the SYSTEM making its own decisions and crushing us" theorists are beyond retarded. This is merely a convenient way to avoid looking into human difference, and particularly jews and jewish interests, and how jewish interests being advanced over the interests of whites is why the system is shitty for whites. The present struggle is between a jewish globalist system and a system that works for nationalist/ethnic interests. We've gotten the former over the last 30-50 years and it's now fully setting in, but the nationalist/ethnic pushback is finally kicking into gear and pulling in whites.

He never implied that the system has no controllers.

>However the kekistani larpers are extremely strange

In modern day american society society, the impersonal forces of management mediate between isolated units. Pop culture and identity politics have taken the place of religion and the family. The isolated subject is constructed by hypermedia bombardment and then condemned to wander through a sterile bureaucratic landscape. Politics are therapeutic and based consumption. Our current means of social communication tend towards total uniformity and flattening of the self. Everyone is supposed to fit neatly within a discursive category. Psychotic responses are to be expected: hence we get a generation of non-white white nationalists and transgender kekistanis.

Euro trash fundamentally can not understand Americans. They're completely and utterly incapable of appreciating the American is their vast superior because they, and all their ancestors, stayed where they are rather than follow their more adventurous and spiritual brethren to the New World and make their own line. The European brain has evolved to actually WANT to live under monarchy and the oppressive thumb of a monarchic hierarchy like the church. It's a lineage of serfdom. They do not know how to behave without being told what to do and how to live and they're completely incapable of understanding how the American and the American Spirit works and why because it's not in their blood.

The American is unique. The American is better. The American always will be.

And they will be forever butt hurt about it because, deep down, they know this to be the truth.

>The American is unique. The American is better. The American always will be.
"""The American""" has radically changed in the past 100 years and has caused a terrible cultural revolution. 'The American' only exists as a unit of the workforce.

What is the American spirit?

I would argue that Argentina/Quebec is the greatest cultural inheritor of Europe.

The Randian hero was supposed to be the american archetype, too bad only a small handful have ever lived up to it and it's impossible as a collective character.

>Argentina
>muh mestizos and mafia niggers from south italy
>inheriting anything

The more time I spend in the UK, the more I realise that the UK although not as bad as the U.S is similarly unintellecutal and culturally more vapid than other european cultures I have experienced. Which makes sense since a lot of Americans came from the UK.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You Eurotrash fundamentally do not understand America. The American is not trying to be the great cultural inheritor of Europe. We have no interest in it. We see nothing of value there. It is a clean break. A discard and disregard of your history and a belief that we're writing our own. The fact that you think we are trying or want to be any sort of cultural inheritor to Europe, is laughable.

Which of us has known his brother? Which of us has looked into his father's heart? Which of us has not remained forever prison-pent? Which of us is not forever a stranger and alone?

It depends where you go in the UK, by the UK I assume you mean England, as it is the worst of them all. However, there are lots of places in England that are very nice

This is peak LARPing, unfortunately.

Is this why every American always rattles off his 1/8 German, 1/4 Scottish, 3/8 Irish, etc. ancestry? And why so many claim to be related to William Wallace?

Ok... So what is the American spirit then?

The American Is unique??? Euro trash???
USA is the greatest terrorist organisation on the world and Americans are TV consumed idiots permanently eating thevplastic meat and drinking acid chloride.

From the outside, the UK looks like a bleak totalitarian hellworld populated entirely by jihadis and inbred mutant freaks

What has Trump done to develop America? He is the quintessential ugly American, slurping 15 diet cokes daily and scarfing down Big Macs between spiteful twitter posts and television news binges. His bloated, blushing physique is the mirror of his countrymen in contrast to a string of physically fit presidents leading back to FDR and Taft.

>physically fit
>wheel-chair bound president
>"break a bathtub" president

The inbred ones are the pakistanis who marry their first cousins

This is a jewish talking point. America is an extension of Europe and anyone who tries to pretend otherwise is engaging in the D&C of whites, and thus assumed to be jewish.

So Benjamin contriving money out of the Court of France. He was contriving the first steps of the overthrow of all Europe, France included. You can never have a new thing without breaking an old. Europe happens to be the old thing. America, unless the people in America assert themselves too much in opposition to the inner gods, should be the new thing. The new thing is the death of the old. But you can't cut the throat of an epoch. You've got to steal the life from it through several centuries.

And Benjamin worked for this both directly and indirectly. Directly, at the Court of France, making a small but very dangerous hole in the side of England, through which hole Europe has by now almost bled to death. And indirectly in Philadelphia, setting up this unlovely, snuff-coloured little ideal, or automaton, of a pattern American. The pattern American, this dry, moral, utilitarian little democrat, has done more to ruin the old Europe than any Russian nihilist. He has done it by slow attrition, like a son who has stayed at home and obeyed his parents, all the while silently hating their authority, and silently, in his soul, destroying not only their authority but their whole existence.

The American is nothing. Simply a citizen living to work for the oligarchs and politicians who make up the ruling class. There is no cultural identity to unify the populace, only a slew of subcultures formed in the vacuum and ethnic-culture groups existing within the empire. America’s culture is work, consumption, and not complaining about it. You could call it a dystopia, but it’s too boring to meet the typical dystopian aesthetics. Dystopian fiction often presents the human as vibrant yet oppressed, while Americans are dull and passive without a spark of spirit in them.

More jewish-style anti-white D&C -- whites should never trust people who talk like this.

United States of Freemasonic-Jewish creatures, Coca-Cola drinkers, reading stupid comics, watching 24 hours on TV shits.

>not realizing those are the exceptions and that I was talking about all the others
Oh geez user

We’re trying to have a decent conversation in here, /pol/. Stop injecting your bullshit.

>It depends where you go in the UK, by the UK I assume you mean England, as it is the worst of them all. However, there are lots of places in England that are very nice

I live in Glasgow. Maybe it's particularly bad.

Can you not accept that America has several large problems? You do not have to be Jewish to suggest that the US has many problems

>The more time I spend in the UK, the more I realise that the UK although not as bad as the U.S is similarly unintellecutal and culturally more vapid than other european cultures I have experienced. Which makes sense since a lot of Americans came from the UK.

This is very accurate.

Literally everyone around me in Virginia is depressed in one way or another. Either actively depressed or projecting their unhappiness through addiction or anger issues. America is an ugly parking lot and nobody can figure out how to fix it.

Perhaps this is our strange and haunting paradox here in America — that we are fixed and certain only when we are in movement.

the native british are up there with jews in terms of looks, none of them manage to look 'normal'

So are most modern western people, it is not exclusive to the US. Those who are not yet showing symptoms of it have not yet realised how hollow their consumerism and materialism makes them.

Considering our other choice was Hillary Clinton, who was caught on tape being flung into the back of a van like a sack of potatoes, I'm not complaining.

JFC we dodged a bullet with her. Completely without redeeming value.

This is a country wide thing. The vast majority of Americans under 25 who are on some antidepressant or anti-anxiety pill. Even the extremely few I've met who aren't are not mentally well

Not true at all.

lol. Just like the Jews when the Christians eternally BTFO their shit religion, the Eurotrash will be forever butthurt that the Americans eternally BTFO their shit everything. Just look how butthurt they get.

It's because they're jealous and bitter pussies who, deep down, know they can't handle the Wild Wild West. The pinnacle. The edge. The adventure.

Europe is a continent of pussies afraid of their own shadows. A continent of cowards.

>I'm an oblivious human
>I'm a jew
Which are you?

Sure but that's not the basis of this. There is no sense in whites playing up their differences as every white nation gets invaded, and all of these Amerifat vs Europoor wedge tactics are jewish in origin and nature. Any white who plays into it is a useful idiot.

You included my commentwhich is a DH Lawrence quote. I don't think you are very well read or understand yourself, as an American.dollars. You're totally right and wrong about what you say about America at the same time.

Even though this is bait. You have demonstrated you have no culture. Nothing except memes and consumerism.

>Implying that it isn't just banter between shitposters of nations

So how does it come to a head? Historically speaking, social dissatisfaction on such a massive scale has almost universally led to cultural reformation or political revolution. Can the hypernormalization of misery in American society change history in this regard? Has the US so thoroughly demoralized it’s population that the cycle of change can be broken? The internal social movements (Bernie left, Trump right, black lives matter, etc) are all fairly centrist and status quo.

The only useful idiot ITT is the one derailing a decent conversation with his subversive chaos tactics. Sewing internal strife between races or nationalities is one of the primary tactic used by oligarchs and tyrants to keep their population from recognizing the real problem.

>pretending you aren't retarded and are aware of what's happening in the world.

Your projection is too obvious, Moshe.

Ignore the troll

>implying eurotrash culture and all culture from the beginning of time isn't just memes and consumerism just spread at a slower degree because of limitations of technology at their time

You got any literature for me then?

The Hollow Men by TS Eliot

>he can't possibly believe something that challenges my opinion therefore it must be bait and he a troll
It's not bait. You're all pussies and cowards. The last good lot of you were wiped out in the great war.

Already read it.

Americans are mixed race so they're not fully human. I wouldn't say they have no soul, but they're certainly less soulful if that makes any sense. Like a dog. They are lesser beings. Most of them were also traumatized at a very young age by the Jewish doctor cutting off their foreskin so that certainly doesn't help. Americans live under the consumerist spell of their Jewish overlords. That's what makes Americans and their """""culture""""" so hollow.

Every element of this post is incorrect, both culturally and scientifically. It’s almost impressive.

You wish burger

>Why do American's seem so hollow and empty?
Because you don't travel and are poorly read.

>X are/is the living refutation of the Cartesian axiom, "I think, therefore I am" : X do(es) not think, yet they/he/she are/is.
I'm using this one

Wait nvm, it's shit. This axiom doesn't imply something or someone has to think to exist.

>eurotrash travels 50 miles to another country and thinks he's a learned and we'll traveled aristocrat and sticks his nose in the air at the American
>meanwhile the American laughs at the retarded eurotrash because he's a retarded pussy who embarrasses his ancestors more and more with each passing year

Sure, I'll take your word for that

Jews

Not sure what you're talking about, but I recommend reading the book especially if you have been to / live in America.

What happened? Sin. Try reading the Bible, kid.

Lol what? Most literature is about this these days.

hurr durr

What version? kjv?

Doesn’t matter. I read NASB.

>reading the bible in english
>not reading it in the original latin
lmao

The Bible and Abrahamic faiths in general were like bleach poured into the cultural pool of Europe in the Dark Ages and Medieval Times. Scores of independent regional faiths, cultures, and identities were forcibly exterminated and forced under the Roman Church’s umbrella, which eventually fizzled under its own weight with the rise of secular philosophy and artistic cultures.

>original
>Latin
Hahahahaha fucking loser. Read the original Greek and Aramaic texts or read Harry Potter.

>calls americans brainlets
>denies the antecedent

Yet americans are among the most religious in the industrialized world, apart from Saudi-Arabia.

>They are lesser beings.
Individually, but as a whole they are the greatest producers. The multicultural, interracial streets of LA and New York are cultural powerhouses that match up to Europe's oldest cities in a fraction of the time they've existed, and which still stand today as the cultural reference points of all other modern cities worldwide.

>Americans live under the consumerist spell of their Jewish overlords. That's what makes Americans and their """""culture""""" so hollow.
Only a European (or a false flagging Islamist) could think this, because American culture is antithetical to European culture. It's not a hollow, non-existent culture — just one that is antithetical to European culture, and if you examine it through the European lens, you will see it as hollow, because you can't grasp it through those lens, it is invisible to you through them. And yet which nation has produced the highest amount of culture over the past 50 years? The American nation — not yours, Muham-Mad.

Religious zealots parrot the same talking points again and again. It doesn’t matter how religious a country is, it’s problems are a result of not being religious enough. It’s an easy answer to a complicated question and many are satisfied with it.

Here it Britistan people just parrot the liberalism they're taught. The new religion.