1. What will be your first book of 2018?

1. What will be your first book of 2018?

2. What is your crush doing for New Years Eve?

Invisible Cities
literally who

1. Lady Gregory's Complete Irish Mythology
2. No idea

Journey to the End of the Night
Getting dicked down by Chad obviously

1. Negative Dialectics and Chaosophy
2. My wife

1. Glitz
2. Staying inside, her anxiety flares up from loud noises

>Brothers Karamazov
>I hope she spends it with her family, and no one else

Is your wife also crushing on said crush or is it just sex for her?

Still balls deep in V.
We're watching Mogra together

The Long Earth

Drinking, stewing in depression, and regretting her life choices. She does not make good decisions. I still want her.

1. Don Quixote, volume two
2. i'm in France and she's in Japan. Crush number 2 whom I haven't even met is probably in a classy new year's eve party, somewhere in Paris.

Our Man In Havana.

no mistake though, it's not yellow fever she's just studying abroad. also she loved me but i did nothing because my parents got me believe in no sex before marriage

what kind of french are you

1. Don't know or care

2. I am almost certain that she will be in her boyfriend's flat - which is probably very comfortable given how much he earns - where realistically she is probably living also, making sure she looks pretty (very easy to do for her) and feeling her heart racing like it did when she was a young girl preparing for a date. She will see her boyfriend dressed in a smart suit and although he will act self-conscious and embarrassed by the effort he has made she will smile and feel totally besotted with him, and look forward to the day they marry when he may dress in a similar fashion. Then they will either be going to out to some small house party held by one of their mutual upper class friends or, given the weather, spend the evening indoors drinking wine, with music on and the heating turned up. Either way come midnight she will be a little drunk and will experience that relieving recklessness that you feel after a period of immense stress when you reconsider your life and realize you actually don't have much to worry about, and that past failures are long gone, and old faces gone forever, and that although life isn't perfect it's beyond good enough for her. And she will find her boyfriend in good time and they will kiss passionately, her own long years of relative repression, hard work (academic and career-wise), feeling of insecurity and inferiority etc all compensated by the kiss of the man she is certain she will marry, and have children with, and settle down with, and care for in sickness and health, and grow old with out in the countryside somewhere probably. And she will feel so excited by life and the future and so enveloped by the love of the man she admires that she won't have the slightest reason to even think of me aka "that guy" from so long ago. And I'll be here alone like every other year waiting to let yet another twelve months go by.

im sad

jew but french since at least the year 1500

1.I was going to read to read The Death of Ivan Ilyich going to bed tonight, so probably that.
2. She isn't real so nothing I guess

1. Starting 2666, hoping to finish it in 2018
2. Sitting here with me

1. The Closing of the American Mind
2. Probably having sex with her boyfriend.

1. Poems. (Allan Ramsay)
2. Most likely hanging out with friends and fucking her bf.

1. Probably Brave New World, I've just started it but I am reading another book also and probably won't finish it by midnight

2. Chad, presumably

nice storie

1. The Stranger by Albert Camus
2. Reading The Stranger by Albert Camus

nice

1. Still working through the Divine Comedy.
2. No clue. Hopefully not with her ex.

Oweee

1. Book of the New Sun.
2. Sucking my dick probably.

1. Second half of 2666.
2. My wife and I will be at a friend's house tonight.

>moby dick
>fucking the guy she left me for

'On Women' by Schopenhauer
Sucking my dick

The Seven Storey Mountain
Sucking my dick

I'm reading the Divine Comedy and the works of Poe. My next book I start will probably be the Canterbury Tales.

No crush, but I have a waifu. She'll be alright.

>my parents got me believe in no sex before marriage
same. i couldnt have pre-marital sex now even if i wanted to because i'd have a mental breakdown thinking about all of the debauched sex i could have had already

I just started the second half of BotNS, after that dunno yet.

She’s been chatting with me online, but I think she just passed out. Being 8 hours behind your crush is suffering, lads.

My wife is Japanese and bi, so she finds qt jap girls for us, but I mostly meet them at the university I’m studying at

1. Le Morte d'Arthur
2. She is coming to a party with me in Atlanta and sleeping at my apartment afterwards, which will presumably begin innocently enough and eventually lead to us having sex

1. Sodom and Gomorrah
2. Flying home from Boston. Might be seeing her tomorrow, but reading Proust will help to put my unrequited love in perspective.

1. The Case for Catholicism

2. Don't have one; I'll be lonely at New Year's unless I flirt with a girl at my teammate's party tonight. If I don't find a chick to smooch at midnight, I'll just be strong and subdue the pain.

Mein kampf
Fucking rip my love life

1. Infinite Jest
2. Don't have a crush

Would be same but I lent Mein Kampf to a friend. I'm stuck reading a shitty uni book on ancient Greeks

t. narcissist

1. Frankenstein
2. Getting crushed

my ma is reading Frankenstein; I got it for her for Christmas

Then it sounds like my crush is reading Frankenstein

Gravity's Rainbow
I haven't interacted socially with anyone in 4 years.

I just got done reading the series of letters in the beginning.
I felt it was a very clever way to open a novel.

One Second After

That's the worst

1. the sea of fertility
2. she is in Cardiff, getting drunk with family and friends. she will call me at 11:55 so we can spend the turn of the year together in at least some tenuous form. I love that bitch

>2. she is in Cardiff, getting drunk with family and friends.
I got bad news bruv..

1) Heart of Darkness
2)
>2018
>having a oneitis
Im not getting crushed this year user

Good one. For me, Martin Chuzzlewit (reading through the Dickens Americana). If (you) like GG in this aspect, check out Travels with my Aunt.

1. My new years resolution is to start with the greeks
2. Women are gross

1) i'll probably finish up rilker's letters to a young poet
2) presumably having a nice evening in with her husband and children

>2. Women are gross
whatcha mean bruh ? on a physical, moral, intellectual level ?

>tfw already too drunk to spell rilke

1. Probably the Theogony or The Illiad, I genuinely want to SWTG and I'm following the "Literature and History Podcast" and I'm stuck at ancient greece because I don't want to spoil myself.
(Great podcast, I'd recommend it to everyone in this board)
2. Probably is at her fairytale town in the middle of the northern mountains surrounded by a giant clean pond. She is most certainly at the table with her family right now, probably texting with some guy I hope doesn't live in that very same town, while outside the snow splashes itself against the big windows of the brown dining room. I really miss her.

>2) presumably having a nice evening in with her husband and children
How are you coping ? Don't you want to kill the husband ? If you kill him, you'll be the only one willing to take care of her + the children, and you'll get her

Whatever it takes bro

Do we have the same crush? How long has it been since the last time you saw her?
3´5 years for me and it still feels like I just said "it's not a goodbye, is a see you later" to her

it's ok
i'm deathly afraid of commitment and responsibility so ultimately i'm glad he's there providing for her and what have you and i can continue to enjoy my carefree empty life

1. omensetters luck

2. ignoring me and probably out with some other guy

Did you consider murdering him before though ?

>"it's not a goodbye, is a see you later"

no, i'm a spineless pacifist

And the worst part is that I actually believed that I would see her again at the end of the very same year. It was a slow and painful death over chat.

1. Confessions, Augestine

2. Don't have one right now, probably because my brains a little fucked up at the moment

The Colour of Magic.
Sleeping next to me :)

1. House of Leaves
2. Celebrating with her family at her grandparent's shitty town

1) The Woman in Black

2) I don't know and I'm actively trying not to creep on her, so I won't be finding out.

Oh man, I love Pratchett. Hope you enjoy it!

The Trial

My “crush” is a beautiful and intelligent girl I had a fling with for a week and then broke things off with me to fuck some juuling fuckboy idiot

She is probably taking the D at some party while I’ll be at home chainsmoking and reading Wikipedia articles on Roman history and culture

1. The Brothel in Rosenstrasse.

2. I am too disconnected from humanity to have a crush.

>Holzfällen by Thomas Bernhard
>staying inside with me and her mother

I finished Great Expectations 20 minutes ago, and it is already 2 hours past midnight, so I suppose that would be my answer. The next book I am going to read is 'The Death of Ivan Ilyich'.

2) Don't have one

1. Statesman by Plato

2. Probably going to some party, heard from her yesterday.

Black Cat Bone (John Burnside poems)

Asleep and spooning me, feels good

Well maybe she's not as intelligent as you thought, or maybe she has no idea you really like her?

1. Michel Faber short story collection. Hope they're good, my mom got me a couple for Christmas

2. Sleeping in my arms and its difficult to type

Steppenwolf
Probably celebrating with her cousins

A collection of short stories by Dostoyevsky
Not being real. I've known about the superiority of 2d for years now.

No she’s not that intelligent desu, just more intelligent then the people around us so it makes her stand out

She knows I like her, she broke things off with me and I had a beta butthurt episode

D. All of the above

>either brothers karamazov or mindfulness in plain english
>dont have one

Sorry to hear that my man. She's not worth the brainpower then

Damn, sounds pretty comfy.

1. The City of God Against the Pagans
2. Sucking my cock

1. How to Read a Film
2. In chicago i think with her cousin

Do Androids Dream
I haven't had any contact with a female in over a year

Started them yesterday actually, but they will be Rimbaud's Complete Poetry and Octavio Paz's The Bow and the Lyre.

Don't have any.

1. L'Homme Révolté

2. We were gonna do something together but then I got sick, I think she's watching movies with her friends now or something.

Finish Brothers K.
I don't have one and I don't care what they'd be doing.

let us now praise famous men
dont even have a crush

Probably going to finish the last section of Fictions by Borges.

Don't have one at the moment. The last girl I had a crush on (it was unrequited) invited me over, but it's dumb to continue seeing her.

1. The Tale of Genji

2. My crush is my girlfriend; she watched Nazi Megastructures while cuddled up to me.

>The Manuscript Found in Saragossa
>no current one. last one is throwing up somewhere

Mandelbaum Ovid's Metamorphoses
Sleeping next to me

>probably

congratulations on the good reads lads

1. some writings I've been piecing together by Cyprian
2. She's probably waking up. She went to a ball.