How can anyone read pomo novels without feeling scammed and humiliated and cucked?

How can anyone read pomo novels without feeling scammed and humiliated and cucked?

Reading some fucking overly long pomo novel that is filled with lolsorandumb New Yorker magazine / liberal arts college tier """humour""" and stabs at popsci references that are fucking embarrassing (because we live in an era where """educated""" people think they can skip maths and physics education or learn it through writing) and horrifically awful attempts at social / anthropological commentary or philosophy (or even worse, someone who thinks these can be done in an intellectually worthwhile manner) while knowing this was the slop fed to you by ivy leaguer / Oxbridge publishing employees marketing the TED / Davos zeitgeist is fucking humiliating. Gravity's Rainbow, JR, DFW's fiction etc: fuck them all.

I don't blindly like old novels and I know people blidnly praise them for pseudointellectual cred in pseudointellectual ways. But when they're written serially you know they're not horrifically trying to be the next bible. And even the nu-maliest male in 1900 is not as much of a cuck as the average writer today.

>he didn't get it
most shit on degeneracy

i had a thought regarding pomo that i would like to see discussed: fiction nowadays is primarily useless outside of enjoyment or understanding of the human condition; as non-fiction (modern or not) provides arguably more clearer and less poetic explanations of what affects us and how we perceive reality, and so fiction becomes almost useless outside of enjoyment, hence the popularity of pomo novels

>popsci references

this is the worst

it means you didn't get it

care to explain why

>tfw writing a pomo novel right now
fuck fuck fuck fuck you be stressin me, OP!

On point. Read Alice Munro. Pure genius. The perfect refutation to that sort of nonsense.

>being this triggered by the word "postmodern"

claim
>fiction nowadays is useless
support
>non-fiction is more clear
?????????????????????????????????
Holy... I don't even

Is How to Bomb the US Government the best pomo novel yet?

You dont understand the metaphysical forms of literature

Mines more popopomo, luckily

Not him. Way to pseud it up though and start an argument I doubt you can even sketch out. I would have went with "you don't understand the purpose or function of art."

what should I start with?

claim seems supported to me, someone who isn't him. Why read fiction when you can get a more precise idea of the same thing through non-fiction?

Be honest, user. It's your diary isn't it?

Thanks for sharing

N-no

What is the essential strap-on literature?

>ockham's razor
seems more like an opinion to me.
the two develop different capacities of the reader. non-fiction is for information and analysis. fiction is for developing a sense of self, "the other", and connects the reader to their shared past and sense of humanity. now if that sounds useless to you or like librulz feelz talk, then don't read fiction.

Do you have anything to share on the metaphysical forms of literature? Don't let me get in your way. I'm always ready to learn new things.

The Veeky Forums board of Veeky Forums

explain further to me why this confuses you or what quibbles you have with my statement, i sincerely mean it; i'm not the brightest star in the sky so in regards to these things i'm not real good at understanding arguing
explain to me what these metaphysical forms are, if you were to be so kind
i thought the function/purpose of art was to express an idea that served some purpose (whether that be to capture the emotional state of someone's mind, to illustrate the magnificence or beauty or whatever of something, or to get money) via the use of a medium, be it visual such as sculpture and painting, or via other some other sense, such as music or theatre

Different person here to save the day:
Pomo literature is both a documentation of the degradation of the human essence through analysis (psychology, biology etc. etc.) and the frantic struggle to preserve this very essence by relocating it outside of the rational.

They are the development of new ideas as research rather than enjoyment. Save a few books which are complete thoughts like JR, American Psycho, Feed.

>developing a sense of self, "the other", an connects the reader to their shared past and sense of humanity
not versed so well in freud, jung or lacan, but would it not be reasonable to say that autobiographies and historical narratives could fulfill the purpose of fiction in that regard, therefore non-fiction allowing to fulfil purposes proposed by you that belong only to fiction?

Autobiographies might as well be fiction

sure, autobiographies could serve the same purpose. just to be clear, i'm not making this up. any lit teacher will tell you, harold bloom has a video on it (his interview with charlie rose promoting 'how to read and why'), google the "purposes of fiction."

i'd also say reading fiction makes you a better reader. instead of adhering to the exact usage and meanings of language, you learn the many ways text functions as a medium. one of the points of reading fiction that i see lacking itt is not to be such a "copy and paste textualist" or a "literalist." The type of person who thinks words are entities unto themselves and possess some kind of ontological essence that carries into the physical world. but it's mainly for what i said in my last post.

>standing in front of rad cam, oxford
yep, makes sense

You need to apply Sturgeon's Law. 90% of pomo is crap because 90% of everything is crap. Just read the creme of the crop (Pynch, Delillo, Gass, Bellow, etc.) and forget the rest.

nothing you wrote describes gravitys rainbow in any way.

As far as I can tell, anywhere. Runaway or Hateship... were both terrific, but even what few stories I've read from her early work are great.

"Where do I start" seems like the kind of question Munro implicitly rejects. There is no grand, evolving philosophical statement, though the author's perspective and experience certainly do change with time. Embracing the conclusion of post-modernism, that there is no master-key that unlocks human experience, while retaining a relatable sense of the human; throwing out the bathwater, but keeping the baby. Tatyana Tolstoya does something similar with Russian literature in White Walls, but I don't think nearly so well as Munro.