Be 34 years old

>be 34 years old
>literally read nothing but children's literature
>fantasy stories, coming of age stories, etc.
>tfw I actually really enjoy these books and getting engrossed in their stories
>tfw don't give a shit about this or that famous author or being a pseudo intellectual, but just like reading good stories about some kid and his/her adventure
>tfw I chose the better path in literature, and when I'm on my deathbed, I'll look back at my years of reading with joy
enjoy your dfw and Slavoj Zizek assholes

>being a pseudo intellectual
You are not even a pseud you are a brainlet thats all
no offense ofc

>be 34 years old

Stopped reading right there.

That's fine

>misread OP's post which was written in childish syntax
>think he's claiming to be a pseudo intellectual
>call him a brainlet
great job

You must be 60 years old to post on this board

I don't and will never read dfw or zizek. But I'm glad you can enjoy yourself.

You're the Don Quijote of faggotism.

I'm also 34 and I enjoy lots of litcore, although I haven't read any Zizek yet and don't intend to. I like the fucking aesthetic kick of good literature and I'm sad for you that you don't get to experience it, although I'm glad the YA you read gives you some joy.

have you read enough children's literature to make that assessment, though?

I read a fair amount when I was a child

Are we talking about literary children's fiction or books like captain underpants?

I-Is it alright to still like stuff like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and the like? Those books make me really happy, I understand they aren’t the classics though. I’d like to enjoy the classics eventually though.

>I’d like to enjoy the classics eventually
Just be sure to focus on the classics of children's literature. Alice in Wonderland. Peter Pan. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
Read all the Newbery winners. Once you've done that you can move up to teenage literature. Only after reading all of THOSE classics can you read books with adult protagonists.

Is Heidi worth a read? I imagine it would be a very fast read. I watched the anime and it was pretty comfy.

yea, it's so cute!!

Read the Earthsea books if you get a chance. They're beautiful

if you're happy good for you. but stop browsing Veeky Forums

Cool. I might pick one up at an antique store sometime, they seem to be ubiquitous there.

no

are you fucking retarded

I hate this meme

At least you're reading books. That's more than a lot of people can say nowadays.

>he enjoys fantasy and science fiction
>doesn't enjoy science fiction dystopia novels like Infinite Jest

What did you mean by this?

they are anime-tier nothing wrong with anime

Let me recount a terrifying tale... Once upon a time, there was a little boy who stumbled upon Veeky Forums... He wanted to try it right away... He was having so much fun that he didn't notice the sun had set...

While checking a new thread he suddenly noticed a lot of (you)s! He hadn't posted here before! When he read through, the thread was full of insults directed at him! It was as if Veeky Forums were cursed and trying to drag him into oblivion!

SHRIEEEEK!The boy's father had been on Veeky Forums before him and had unironically recommended Harry Potter to everyone in glowing terms!