How does someone wake "with a start" anyway?

How does someone wake "with a start" anyway?

Sometimes you open your eyes slowly. Sometimes you open your eyes and don't do anything for a while.
Sometimes you open your eyes and are compelled to stand up or sit up, something has alerted you. That is waking with a start.

Cause when u wake up u r starting ur day
God
Do you pseuds need to be spoonfed everything?

>Sometimes you open your eyes and are compelled to stand up or sit up

literally never happens IRL

t. has never woken up to the chilly touch of Uncle Clive

when someone throws a golden retriever through your window

care to elaborate?

you too please

it's a meme you dip

doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the greeks, dull franchises or women

When opening one's eyes after forgetting to set the alarm and noting the time.

how do you note the time before opening your eyes?

That's a fair question. Ever done it? Something inside of (you) knows already. That's why the turning of the head (toward where the clock is) and the jerking awake occur simultaneously.

This.

Philip K. Dick was taking advantage of a Veeky Forums meme when writing bad stories.

Have you never had a nightmare and been woken up by something in the dream that surprises or frightens you?

I sort of have a suspicion at times, but it can be way off. many many times I was just relieved, noting that I still have like two hours to sleep.

Of course, but it's not like in books and movies where people jump into a sitting position, grasping for air, grabbing their chest and stuff. that's fiction. even if you're scared shitless, you wake up in a confused haze, slowly blinking it away until the relief comes

Haven't you ever had those times where you're half asleep and you dream you're falling and then you jump as you wake up?

you're just a low energy soyboy, some people really do trash around

it feels like a jump, but you don't physically jump

exquisitely meme'd, but no one was talking about trashing around while sleeping

AW FUCK hol' up, hol' up, hol' up.

I just remembered leg cramps. nightmares and drops do nothing for me, but waking up to one of those motherfuckers definitely qualifies.

some people trash upon awaking when frightened.

have no never seen a cute girl have a bad dream?

remember what site you're on

OP just wants to argue.

slander. see

You’ve never awoken with a feeling that something very bad is occurring? Adrenaline pumping, you are instantly wide awake. The movies usually dramatize this but not far off.

True. But the feel 'fuck i'm late' or 'what time is it!' emerged from somewhere and initiated the 'start,' or in this instance false-start.

You know the start is as in startle and not as in begin, right?

I've never jerked up into sitting position but I have woken up gasping for breath and with my eyes wide open because of nightmares.

WHAT

couple of times after sleep paralysis, but that's different than a regular nightmare or basic sleep

I'm sorry to hear that.

Slightly related, I remember once having a dream so sad that I woke up crying. I don't remember what the dream was about, just that it involved my mom.

Has happened to me on several occasions, usually when I am awakened by startling outside stimuli

had the opposite a couple of times, something great happening in my dream that I don't remember, but the feeling lingers a bit and then you're kinda bummed that whatever it was it isn't real

high-octance crazy blood filling you up, boy

Um. I was punning senpai

meme threads are as bad as /pol/ threads, either make a substantive contribution or go baq to wherever you came from you irony poisoned faggot

that was a bit harsh, my man.

I am only woken by my ringtone when I oversleep, so when I hear it I get a shot of adrenaline that I dun fucked up