Any books on getting over "the one"?

Any books on getting over "the one"?

Please don't waste your time by posting bro-philosophy arguing there's no such thing, or that girls are somehow interchangeable.

I'm talking about The One.

I'm referring to the fact I missed my fucking opportunity to overcome my self-loathing and insecurity by showing a very special girl that I was attracted to her. I'm talking about approaching a fork in the road and deciding not to take the one that led to open fields, interesting towns and cities, flower gardens and gentle sunsets and instead opting for the one through the dark, depressing, silent forest full of brambles and skeletons.

I'm talking about the fact that less than 10 minutes ago I felt like screaming as loud as possible and tearing the fucking flesh from my face as I confronted the frank reality that there is now a zero percent chance that this girl and I may be somehow end up together. Oh my fucking god I hate myself so much.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=afuqiEaysIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=afuqiEaysIA

make friends with her and realize she's only a human and a pleb in many ways

find another purpose

"7 habits of highly effective poeple"? to get on a completely different track now

The One as in from the Matrix? I don't understand.

>I'm talking about The One.
No, you're not; you're clearly still very young. Which is why you're making threads this blog post in the first place. It probably sucks, but you haven't actually met that one yet. You're just some kid who is going through some really shitty times along the way there. And don't tell me that I can't possibly understand
>because she was, like, IT, maaannnnn
I understand, and it sucks. But you have no perspective right now because you're too in your feelings about this. Go and do something to distract you. Something physical and active. Do it until you're exhausted and then go and have a rest.

'The One' is a meme made up by poets to entertain naive girls.

Seems like it works on boys too.

>tfw I walked away from the love of my love to continue having meaningless sex with women 15 years younger than me

I'm a bad person

The Sorrows of Young Werther

El tunel by Sabato

your "The One" is the one you marry. Just forget about her for awhile, maintain a good status with her after than long period and then you can be happy whenever she crosses your mind

Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare

Leave Veeky Forums forever. It will seriously improve your mental health and overall wellbeing.

>I'm talking about The One.

hate to break this to you, but Neo wasn't "the One".

I am edging towards a love affair that has intimations of being both "the one" and one that my gut tells me will end badly for me.

Is it better to have never loved than to have loved and lost?

It sucks. But there is no "one." You choose who the one is, and you'll have to choose another. In the meantime "The End of the Affair" by Graham Greene is probably the best book about being a dude getting dumped. Read it, wallow in your faggotry for a couple weeks, move on

You never let her know you were even interested? Diary of a Superfluous Man

Love is not magical and girls are completely interchangeable.

ITS CALLED GROWING UP & GETTING OLDER TRY IT FAGGOT AND STOP MAKING THREADS THE WHOLE LOT OF YOU

thank you for your time have a wonderful New Years remember not to drink and drive.

Being 18 is tough, it will get better champ.

Augustine - Confessions

I might be wrong but you probably can't read in that state of mind, especially if the topic is about something you're upset about. Even if you can read right now, you wouldn't be able to appreciate what you read. Go for a walk, a long one. Repeat until your mind is in a calmer state, only then read a book.

The Sun Also Rises?

Also, I almost guarantee you, she isn't "the one"

first post best post

Just watch this video:

>youtube.com/watch?v=afuqiEaysIA

There isn't "The One". There are probably thousands of women on this planet that fit your notion of "The One". Unfortunately, you may not come across them or be receptive when you do encounter them.

I would read Pan and Mysteries by Knut Hamsun.

lol

There's what? 10 billion people on the planet? That means there's like 5.1 billion women. I bet 1 billion of those are just like your dumb chick.

Guys think that theirs is super unique, mostly because this is their first goddamn women and they haven't actually spoken to a lot. Once you get to know a lot, you realize most of them are the same.

>Please don't waste your time by posting bro-philosophy arguing there's no such thing
But there is literally no such thing, and if there was the likelihood that you actually found it in the world is incredibly slim.

Nobody finds the one

The only women, or even people in general, whom I've found to be truly unique are the ones with severe mental disorders.

This and time

>'The One' is a meme made up by poets to entertain naive girls.

>It sucks. But there is no "one."

>girls are completely interchangeable.

>There isn't "The One".

>But there is literally no such thing

>Nobody finds the one

A lot of soul-dead zombies on Veeky Forums, I see. Aka, numales who will never write a believable female character, nor, by logical extension from this lacuna in their souls, anything with any life in it whatsoever.

Now you know how to not fuck it all up when you meet the two. Fuck off faggot.

unironically "Looking for Alaska"

Get a job that pays well and you'll be the one of lots of girls

You sound like a fucking faggot, desu. It’s no wonder why she left you.

Unironically the pua neil strauss' book the game worked for me.
I'm from eastern europe so pua culture which was known in west since 06-07 (due the book and mystery's pick up artists reality show) was quite unknown. I accidentaly stumbled upon the book on the small english section. It was a new print, for international edition, dated to 2009 Summer.

It was literally 1-2 days after my breakup and I picked the book. Which helped me a lot.
I don't buy into the pua shit, I think most of the attraction is based on looks and to a degree your status, no amount of pua tricks will hide your bad genes, and even if you mimic "alpha" behaviour for a while you will eventually fail. I also believe most pua authors are just snake oil salesman.

Still, that book managed to shift my focus on other girls a little bit, with varying degrees of success.
but Oh how I wish I had read that a year ago I was sure I would have kept her if it was then.

though you never forget your one itis, Its been a decade since we first dated, and its 9 years since our break up, I never forget about her.

>numales who will never write a believable female character
unironic oneitis surest way to never write a believable woman sage

You sir are fucking retarded. There is no one. Think about how many marriages have ended in divorces. Kill yourself.

This.

There is no such thing, girls are largely interchangeable. Get over yourself, pseudonarcissist. And stop posting on this board.

There is only one path to getting over the one. You must read Kierkegaard. You must internalize Kierkegaard to the point where you no longer communicate directly to anyone about her, but indirectly communicate to and about her always. You must realize that subjectivity is truth and embrace the insanity that this revelation entails. Then you must task yourself with deciphering the subversive elements of his authorship. Perhaps you will even discover he was actually abducted by aliens, and still lives far off in space. Perhaps he will communicate to you telepathically. Perhaps he will chose you to be his conduit for the present age.