Book starts with a quote

>book starts with a quote

Attacking Anna Karenina a little passive-aggressively there, user.

>book starts

>Book starts with the authors own quote

>book ends with a quote

>book ends

Every book starts with a quote. Even a narrator is just quoting himself.

>book never ends

>reading from the start of the book

>book starts with a bad ass bible quote

>book starts with 'to my beloved wife and her children'

>book has a lot of pictures

>he doesn't just quote an entire book for his book

>Book ends with protagonist writting a book of his struggles and naming it the same name as the book

which one?????????????????????

Slaughterhouse 5?

fucking gilmore girls

>each chapter has a """clever""" title instead if just a number which, in so few words, attempts to summarize it

In englisch i likely wouldn’t do it, since the language isn’t really suited for nuances. The quote is there to give the normal reader something that sounds good to start with and the esoteric reader a help how to truly understand it.

What the hell?
Starting a book is one of life's greatest joys!
Its like seeing a beautfil girl who really activates your almonds and speaking those first smiling words to her as you stare into each others glimmering eyes before you realize shes not very smart, and shes not very good with commitment, and her daddy "did things" to her and her ex is of nonwhite lineage and she has a penis

Fucking Moby Dick piece of shit book

>Book starts with a miss quotation to make a point

Min Kamp

>book exists

>book starts with chapter one but ends before the start of chapter two

Book includes lengthy inaccurate hashes of pharmacological textbook passages the author pretended to understand to appear intelligent

the book is written from the perspective of a man that isnt pilgrim

its right there at the begining of the book, user

"Your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time" –Paul Valéry

> book doesn't start with a quote

Actually, not really. The narrator is paraphrasing the thoughts of the Internal Author, but that's not exactly quoting.

i started my novel with a quote from De Sade:

"Justifying his turpitude with equal amounts of cleverness and effrontery, he loudly proclaimed that his poltroonery being nothing more than the desire to preserve himself, it were perfectly impossible for anyone in his right senses to condemn it for a fault."
- De Sade, "The 120 Days of Sodom", re: the Duc De Blangis

i thought i was describing the antagonist, but it turned out to apply to the main character also.

> book as a made-up map at the front and a list of made-up words at the back
> it's subtitled "Book (n) in the Chronicles of.."

>quoting a translation

>book is split in two volumes

this
fucking plebo

>thread starts with drake

>book doesn't start with a built-in Hallmark card record scratch

do you understand french? no, you don't, because you're an american potato. as TISM put it, i may be a cunt but i'm not a fucking cunt.