ITT: god tier book covers

ITT: god tier book covers

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/24940946-the-enchanted-april
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't care for the fonts, but why is Kant such a silver fox in this painting while he looks like a literal goblin in almost all other depictions of him? Can't find any info on when this was done, so either he aged terribly, or this is a very flattering depiction made after the fact.

>but why is Kant such a silver fox in this painting while he looks like a literal goblin in almost all other depictions of him?
Because that portrait isnt actually Kant its a guy named Jacobi who thought that Kant was the most retarded person to have ever lived

Well, he wasn't wrong. If Kant was alive right now, he'd spend most of his time downvoting different opinions on reddit

Then it's a shit tier cover.

gave me a fucking headache, you asshole

God tier

He liked to banter and laugh by the table. He would use Veeky Forums.

I always imagined him making sheldon cooper bazinga style jokes at the dinner table while his guests awkwardly pretend to laugh at them

I think it’s more about my love for the book than the aesthetic design.

that cant be real

check em

b-b-but that's a cock

Unironically this one. I love the font, the cream colour, the picture. What's not to like??

HNNNNGGGGG

unironically this one - the colours are amazing when you have it in your hand, and i'm kinda a thing between a Veeky Forumsard and an /x/phile so i really love the cover art that reminds me of the art by one of alister crowleys devotees; General-Major John Frederick Charles Fuller, which is amazing.

I like these.

These are pretty great.

God I hope so

Also really like the oxford KJV bible, nyrb anatomy of melancholy, and the modern library City of God

I don't care for the third volume cover but the first two are ace.

whacky!

this one's so fucking good wtf

>so this is where the poop comes out?

I like this one

thanks me too

Who the fuck thought this would be a good idea?

>paperback

I think very few great writers would use the internet excessively if they were alive today. Not because they wouldn't enjoy it, but because they would.

Imagine if Kierkegaard went on /r9k/ after jilting his wife. His version of fear and trembling would be a particularly nasty carpal tunnel pain.

*Δυναμις intensifies*

Imagine if Wittgenstein was able to discover anime

Never seen that before, but I like it.

I've been thinking a lot on why people are drawn to animation and anime in general, especially the autistic, and it dawned on me recently.

Take for instance, the anime fight scene. It's hallmark is to frame a huge level of action in an easily readable space with some artistic effects to limit the amount of drawing. The result is a scene composed of a huge amount of information that can be read much more easily than a movie, or fundamentally, real-life.

Children and the autistic love animation because it provides them with certainty in an uncertain universe. Furthermore, in it's depiction of the artist's subjectivity, it's clarity gives both inner and outer calm.

Anime condenses life beautifully and childishly.

Why are you making it sound like autists are stumped children? Aren't lots of them high-functioning weirdos like Wittgenstein who make up bullshit logic to make sense of the universe?

Is this good? The book, I mean, not the cover.

loads and loads of heads yo.

I bought this edition over the others solely because of the cover.

Autistic people are very good at understanding particular and exact modes of information. Anything that is too chaotic or abstract is very hard for an autistic person to grasp at times.

Anime is interesting in that it attracts the autistic in droves, and represents an idealized format of reality where data is displayed cleanly.

It's not an insult, I like anime, it's just my thoughts on why it's action scenes (and fundamentally it's kinesthetics) is so appealing to me.

What's it like being autistic? I knew a couple of people back in High-School who were pretty autistic, but all they did was hate on Obama.

>Autistic people are very good at understanding particular and exact modes of information. Anything that is too chaotic or abstract is very hard for an autistic person to grasp at times.
nominalists confirmed for having autism

>Is this good?
Yes if you want some very British Romance

goodreads.com/book/show/24940946-the-enchanted-april

WIR

I have this edition (new German translation).

>aaah my sword

WAREN

hahahahaha

or this one

Ulysses really fired up my synthesia, FW and this cover excites me

my favorite

Not the guy you're replying to, but the book sounds charming enough and I do really like the cover. Hadn't heard of this before but will pick it up.

Cheers!

Very cool. Now that I think about it I haven't seen a single cover of the Leopard that I didn't like. I almost picked up this reprint edition before opting for the original I posted first.

actually when finding this pic I saw the green cover which I don't like. But besides that.

PHILOSOPHEN

Woah

I scored this guy for a single dollar from my library. I'm excite. It's a different cover, but still looks great.

wow this is fucking dank

>practiced consumerism while buying a book by Lenin

That's a good cover, but honestly, there is something about this one that just gets me every time I look at it. The vines fading into the darkness towards the bottom are done in absolute perfection.

To this day I refuse to believe any publisher released this abomination.

Why has no one else reacted to this masterpiece?

Best in this thread

Penguin has some great covers

>le bonus situation man

I'm fucking dying.