Do any of you write in shorthand?

Do any of you write in shorthand?

Writing in shorthand in 2017+1 is on the same level as creating a fictional language for your fantasy novel.

pretty much this
everyone who's actually concerned about writing quickly just uses a keyboard

and sound recorders, forgot about those
they replaced shorthand for recording speech in real time which was one of the main points of mastering shorthand

Perhaps this is not a good time to say I've been creating one and it looks embarrassingly like some runescape shit.

Bump.

pics, I promise not to steal it

show please

Thoughts on cursive and the use of it by anyone under 45?
I just retaught myself basic cursive and have been working on embellishing my writings with it for a unique and beautiful style of penmanship

I write in cursive for most stuff. The only time I write in print is if someone else needs to read it, and even then I write in all caps.

Cursive is better for people who have poor print handwriting, the letters have a more intensive construction which usually makes them more legible.

Penmanship for the sake of aesthetics is a meme though.

My mum was a journalist (retired) and we have draws filled with stacks of shorthand scribbles. Always wish I learned desu.

tfw your parent dies, leaving you their diaries written in an obscure dialect of a dead language

This. When my grandpa died he left behind stacks and stacks of letters and old poems written in Gaelic. Was a pain in the ass to haul all that to the recycle bins.

N-no bully.

Gaelic isn't a dead language

I miss Windings, I used to draw 9/11 at school.

No, but I saw a judge write shorthand once. I was fascinated. Not enough to learn it, of course, but still.

Hahahahaha, take a typography course dickhead. It looks like one I made when I was a kid. Isn't that bad, it's just the idea of you doing this in your spare time.

Teeline master race. There's no reason for people not to learn it. You can pick up the fundamentals in less than an hour and with some practice you'll be fluent in no time. It make writing so much easier and I love the added privacy it gives me since nobody else can read it.

T-thanks. My handwriting is also notoriously bad to boot.

At least with my moon runes there's nobody in the world who could decipher it accept me.

Are you saying most adults in your country write in caps?

Serious question.

You're not old enough to even have a facebook account never mind post on Veeky Forums if you can't already do it

Y-yeah, heheh those dumb conlangers, who would spend years coming up with a fake language? That's totes stupid...!

shorthand is faster than keyboard. keyboard is more maintainable tho

it's better for learning

>Whe ane thisi amenmuttis
>yeu all uni so faie ef?

Try harder

You must actually be illiterate.

>not writing things in a pseudo shorthand language

Its like you dont want people pulling their hair out trying to understand what you wrote 600 years from now

My handwriting's bad enough that shorthand wouldn't be much quicker or more difficult to read.

>My handwriting's bad enough

Writing is a skill and like any other skill it can be improved with practice. If you have bad writing it means you either haven't learned properly or you picked up so bad habits as you got older. This can be fixed by going back to the basics. Print out individual letters and trace over them a bunch of times with a pencil and eventually your writing will improve.

Isn't it enough to just omit vowels and silent letters if you're making notes?

I mean, I can usually keep up in class writing long form. Why bother? I can barely read my own notes as it is

Because I write about my pedophilia.

No, not in caps, more like in comic sans. They stopped teaching cursive to 10 year olds about 10ish years ago, but it hadn't been required since long before that. As a result everyone has awful handwriting except those basic girls who write very slowly and neatly

I physically cringed reading this.

get a rhodia notepad; that bleed is ridiculous.

I write cursive a lot faster than printing, so I write everything in cursive