Name a book from the 21st century worth reading

Name a book from the 21st century worth reading.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=six four hideo yokoyama
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

six four hideo yokoyama

Against the Day

The Corrections

its size intimidates me.

is it worth the long haul? and is it one of his more complicated works?

Yes and yes
Start with The Savage Detwctives if you want something easier and more lighthearted

ill do that, but i have to say i was discouraged from 2666, not from the size but rather the content didnt seem to hold up to the hype. but if you think that would be best before, than ill try it. if it doesnt work out, ill try it anyway. i do like pynchon.

The Kindly ones

Laurus by Vodolazkin

Garner's Modern English Usage, 4th ed. (2016)

We, the Drowned

Kys

I want to read this some day.

10:04 by Ben Lerner

>Talking about Pynchon
>Recommend a Bolaño book

kek

Well it’s always good to recommend quality when someone suggests trash

Anything by John Green or Dan Brown - the two modern visionaries.

Enrique Vila-Matas - Dublinesque
Yoko Tawada - When Europe Begins
Antonio Munoz Molina - Sepharad

I despise Vila-Matas. He rips off Borges to extreme lengths but has a narrow perspective and vision, which couldn't be further from Borges. Despicable. Avoid.

Borges is pleb af and Gombrowicz was correct in claiming that Latin America should have killed him. Vila-Matas is great — it’s you that have just taste.

That’s not even Vila-matas best

>Gombrowicz
lmao

>claiming that Latin America should have killed him

How do people get this mad over books lmfao

>rips off
What’s lmao is your exegesis

No, someone liking Gombrowicz is definitely funnier. He's a worse Faulkner from a lesser nation. And Faulkner was shit to begin with.

Objectively wrong, but it must be nice being a brainlet with this must delusion

Nice retort lol

Ask Houellebecq

Calculating God by Robert J. Sawyer if you like Sci-Fi

The Narrow Road To The Deep North

Berserk

I know. But it is pretty good.

Blindsight by Peter Watts - sci-fi book that is worth reading

Gooks

Eeeee Eee Eeee by Tao Lin. it's seriously good. if it was written by someone else people don't hate, it would be celebrated here.

good ones

Gombrowicz is amazing

>Mariachi Pynchon

all the media attention and normie posting about this book makes me wary of it. What was it that you think is worth reading?

he's nothing at all like Faulkner you retard

1. house of leaves
2. super monkey ball 2 instruction booklet

that's it

Ready player one, hunger games,and divergent

we have a patrician in the house

Is Dan Brown a meme on here? I know he's a hack but I didn't know Veeky Forums likes to mock him.

In case you’ve ever wondered what Joyce would have written if he were a raging homosexual.

Ok I need a real, non-meme response here: is this actually good or is it just praised because of virtue signalling toward homos?

Here's three: Sloterdijk's Spheres trilogy.

Well I love it but I would. In broad strokes the point of the novel is to compare the characters’ homosexual awakening with rising Nationalist sentiment at that point in Irish history. From that description you might imagine that it is a story of oppression - Johnny English and straighty keeping the poor Irish fags down, but that’s not the case. It’s more gays confronting themselves than gays confronting society. By focusing on the personal I’d say that it’s a novel about identity, not identity politics.

That said it’s undoubtedly a celebration of all things homo, you’ll know yourself if that’s going to annoy you.

warosu.org/lit/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=six four hideo yokoyama
youre 90% of this posts

Do I need to do any pre-reading for this?

Melancholy of Resistance

Well, youve read Nietzsche, right?
If youre a good reader- have read around in the 'Western Tradition'- (you) should be okay. He both answers and attempts to reconfigure Heidegger (but like Nietzsche is more literary, i.e. less obviously technical than Heidegger) and admires Foucault-- so a knowledge of both Heidegger and Foucault is definitely helpful. If you need to bone up on your phenomenology perhaps the newly memed Phenomenology of Perception would prove helpful as well, as he often reads like a latterday ONE OF THOSE. But really.. if youre a good reader I'd just dive right in. It's fun.