Stop reading

Confirmed: Yoda advocates for book burning

major hidden plot twist, the siths and the empire were the good guys this whole time

Mixed messages

>major
anyone who isn't a retard knows that by now

where can i read the ancient jedi scrolls bros

obviously he means page turners

>yodapost #25324

>ACKCHYUALLY

We see the texts later in a drawer inside the Millennium Falcon. Yoda was basically playing with Luke. "Rey already got what she needs".

Besides, Yoda speech about the masters is really great. It reminded me about Pasolini, who said "I maestri sono fatti per essere mangiati" (Masters are meant to be eaten), meaning that students will learn from masters but also get on their own feet.
And that's basically the plot of TLJ.

You seem to know a lot so I'm going to ask you. Where does the new bad guy come from and why did he seem so strong but was defeated (him and his bodyguards) by 2 teenagers ?

> Where does the new bad guy come from
We still don't know. My bet is that this will be explored in some novel and/or comic book.
>why did he seem so strong but was defeated (him and his bodyguards) by 2 teenagers ?
Overconfidence, probably.

I also add that I personally don't care about his backstory. We didn't know shit about The Emperor in the original trilogy and it still worked.

Bump

Maybe he gets off on luring kids into trees and lighting them on fire.

What's up with these threads? I didn't see the new movie, is it in reference to it?

It's a reference to a meme that spawned from a leaked webm of Yoda burning the sacred tree, but without the context of the film, it looks like Yoda burned ancient texts to prove a point. You find out that Rey stole the books and that is why Yoda was fucking with Luke the whole time about "passing on" what he has learned. The meme immediately died when the movie came out, for obvious reasons.

So the Sith were right all along?

>>/tv/

>We didn't know shit about The Emperor in the original trilogy and it still worked.

The original trilogy was a new story, not a sequel. It was fine to just show us that the empire is going around doing bad stuff - that this is how it's been for a while - and there was no reason to question it.

The sequels take place a few decades after the empire got beat in RotJ. It's perfectly natural to wonder how a nearly identical evil empire undid that victory in that stretch of time.

this

Aren't force ghosts just metaphors for reminiscing about the dead? I would make more sense if Luke was the one to burn the tree, or just random lightning.

Maybe he is palpatine clone, and this is why he so fucked up.

The First Order so fucking dumb on both a "political", "ideological" and aesthetic level I don't even know where to begin. The whole idea is thoroughly stupid, from their uniforms to the imagery to the way the organisation seems to work. The writing for Star Wars has been garbage for a long time, but atleast Rogue One had the decency to have some kind of aesthetic in line with the OT.

What utter fucking wank.