Hi Veeky Forums, what do you think of my nonfiction section?

Hi Veeky Forums, what do you think of my nonfiction section?
Can you recommend other similar works and authors?

Is that a Billy bookcase? Are those paperback books? Is your toilet paper single ply?

no, its not billy
some are paperbacks, some are hardcover. I take what I can find at secondhand bookshops and ebay.
I get extrasoft triple ply :3

Pretty good desu, get Arrian or some more Plutarch

Arrian?
What Plutarch?

Both Authored fantastic biographies of Alexander the Great, but Plutarchs other works are essential for learning about ancient Greece and Rome, aswell as being really easy to read

Based on your taste in nonfiction, I think you’d do well to add Leopold’s Ghost, The Black Jacobins, and WEB Dubois’ biography of John Brown.

Why do people push their books to the very back? Why don't you bring them forward to the edge of the shelf?

What's wrong with billy? I had just bought two yesterday. Is it just that they are cheap?

Seconded, and I’d add The Untold Story of the United States, The Shock Doctrine, and All the Shah’s Men. Confessions of an Economic Hitman is probably up your alley as well.

Tim Weiner also has a really good book on the FBI.

Also anybody interested in Middle East/American political connections should check out The Holocaust Industry by Norman Finkelstein. One of the few books with anything to actually say about how the memory of the holocaust is used politically, the guy is an avowed leftist before anybody says anything.

Much easier when they're all against one surface, more adjusting fuckery when there's empty space behind them, especially if you want to sandwich a book between another two books.

Emerson and Thoreau

Any recommendations on nonfiction books outlining things like military campaigns or similar subjects?
No amount of detail is too much, preferably looking for wide encompassing texts which broach subjects outside of battle such as logistics, political climate, command and internal politics, etc

Pic unrelated, unless you have a tome on the Great Clown Genocide of 1996

Billy's are fine. That guy is the type of guy who is more concerned with the shelf than what's on it.

I used to have some Billy bookcases myself. Billys look cheap, fall apart easily, and their color always looks off. You can tell they're veneers. The edges look so cheap, even on the pure white variants (which yellow as they age by the way), and they flake off from normal movement. Might as well just go with material that doesn't try to imitate wood grain at all. If you want a better, equally inexpensive, lightweight Ikea shelf I recommend Finnby. If you want to invest in actual furniture for adults then get real wood, but I admit the lighter weight is nice if you aren't settled and expect to move.

That's a snap judgement. I'm building a new library myself and I don't even have a shelf yet. Just some hardcovers. I'm an old man, you see. When you've lived long enough to see everything you have fall apart, you learn to appreciate stuff that's made to last. It's just depressing to walk by a cheap particalboard Billy bookcase the color of piss with most of the veneer cracked off loaded with a bunch of cracked dog-eared paperbacks. You might think that's fine if you're young but the older you get, the more those cheap things will fall apart, and the more that sight will just get you down.

Osprey Publishing. They don't really cover social stuff though.

You might like Autumn of the Black Snake.

>In evocative and absorbing prose, William Hogeland conjures up the woodland battles and the hardball politics that formed the Legion of the United States, our first true standing army. His memorable portraits of leaders on both sides—from the daring war chiefs Blue Jacket and Little Turtle to the doomed commander Richard Butler and a steely, even ruthless Washington—drive a tale of horrific violence, brilliant strategizing, stupendous blunders, and valorous deeds.

>Non fiction
>Chomsky

Watch yourself user.

generally agree. the shelves on those always sag in the middle after only a few months if you put anything heavier than half a dozen mass market paperbacks on it.
when i bought some bookcases a few years ago i bought some solid pine ones that were about the same price as billys of the same size. pine is still not great but they're still standing and the shelves are straight. and actually they've darkened a bit with age and look a bit better

Like a bit of "rage against the machine", do we?

Keep /pol/ in /pol/. Render unto Veeky Forums what is Veeky Forums's.

A fellow War Nerd listener?