What am I in for?

what am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/10/05/fashion/rupi-kaur-poetry-the-sun-and-her-flowers.html
thecut.com/2017/10/profile-rupi-kaur-author-of-milk-and-honey.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw I thought this was a meme but then I saw it in a local bookstore

>tfw you see it by your roomate's bed

I picked it up and read a few pages and was shocked. I feel like it combines some of the worst personality traits the internet has given us into one tl;dr meme for the instagram generation that has no innate meaning.

explain to me why this is bad

Because women like it

Waste of time

Her style is arbitrary, repetitive to the extreme and her subject matters are pedestrian oft times ludicrous

Nihilistic Degeneracy: The Novel

I love bees so much.
It hurts me to see beautiful bees on this thing.

it would hurt more to see beautiful bees on your thing

You should read Maurice Maeterlinck's The Life of the Bee.

I'm secondind this. Even worse is the fact that it was the only poetry book available for selling. This gave me an urge to throw it away.

Because cishet white male resentment

some quite nice, some very much tumblr shit. but Kaur gets far too much hate from Veeky Forums but far too much praise from the rest of the world. she causes debate which is good but shes hardly a modern Sappho

Got a snigger out of me

it is poo
but in my menstrual blood
there is no poo
i bleed

poo poo pee pee - rupi kaur

>>>/z/

read it yourself if you wanna know

I listened to a few of them. One or two were alright but i thought most were pretty bad. coming from someone who does not read poetry

Banal shit for insecure girls

dumb vaginanigger whining

The most important organization of human thought.

The Foundation of Exploration > Culture of Critique >>> Milk and Honey

shut the fuck up you racist piece of shit

There needs to be more poopoo peepee Rupi Kaur. Here is my effort:

clench my female soul
and squeeze my sphincter
like a fist

my creation
a chocolate cherry sundae
drowned in yellow tears
and served on porcelain

perfect
yet to be dismissed
by a wave of a hand
on a silver handle

-rupi kaur

We need to stop pretending that brown people can create literature on the same level as white people. It's an absurd delusion and needs to stop.

not really poetry, its just the run-of-the-mill phrases you see printed on motivational posters—ones with kittens or sea-scapes with mountains—cut up with enjambment and no depth. It is just raw emotions and comparisons that do not ask the reader to follow the speaker along a journey, or to hear sounds or appreciate the beauty of language.

It is short, simple, easily digested feelings. All of which, as it turns out, is perfect for our ADHD, hyper consumerist culture. That is to say, why read a poem by TS Eliot when you can just read someone who writes the metaphor in plain text?

eg:

i don't need
to find
courage
in the feet of
those who
hurt me

I thought it was a meme and I saw one of her poems posted by some thot on FB.

Much of classical literature was created to flatter the ego of an audience, a mostly white, male audience. So why does it 'trigger' you if a woman of color does it? Rupi is kicking down the doors of publishing and helping many voices make themselves heard. Her work has meant a lot to millions of women and girls around the world, because it speaks of themes that are ignored in 'mainstream' literature, such as abuse, trauma, identity, marginalisation, body image issues, self esteem, among others.
>Many fans told me they share her poems with friends via Instagram or screen shots sent as texts, as encouragement or as a way to let Ms. Kaur’s work speak for them. Ms. Kaur becomes permission and voice both, a reminder and a vehicle that they have every right to speak, even when they are made to feel like they should be silent. Organizations including the National Eating Disorders Association, Moms Can Code, and Curvy Girls Scoliosis all broadcast Ms. Kaur’s work on social media as encouragement, solidarity or motivation.

nytimes.com/2017/10/05/fashion/rupi-kaur-poetry-the-sun-and-her-flowers.html

>“This guy is the best,” she says, noticing an edition of Kafka’s complete stories; she’s referring to Peter Mendelsund, the book’s designer. “The dream is to have him design my next book.” His work, she points out, translates well across media — to different sizes, to posters, to digital.

She is a shallow, vapid, dull, banal, lame representation of what poetry can and should be. If you want to know who a real poet AND a woman of color is, look no further than the US's new poet laureate—a superbly talented artist who deserves more attention on this board, and elsewhere. I am not triggered by WOC poets. I am triggered by #woke poets.

thecut.com/2017/10/profile-rupi-kaur-author-of-milk-and-honey.html

Why are libtards so desperate to convince us non-whites can produce literature on the same levels whites when it's blatantly obvious they can't?

raindrop

drop top

smokin on

cookie

in the

hotbox

- rupi kaur

or:

We like to think of it as parallel to what we know,
Only bigger. One man against the authorities.
Or one man against a city of zombies. One man

Who is not, in fact, a man, sent to understand
The caravan of men now chasing him like red ants
Let loose down the pants of America. Man on the run.

Man with a ship to catch, a payload to drop,
This message going out to all of space. . . . Though
Maybe it’s more like life below the sea: silent,

Buoyant, bizarrely benign. Relics
Of an outmoded design. Some like to imagine
A cosmic mother watching through a spray of stars,

Mouthing yes, yes as we toddle toward the light,
Biting her lip if we teeter at some ledge. Longing
To sweep us to her breast, she hopes for the best

While the father storms through adjacent rooms
Ranting with the force of Kingdom Come,
Not caring anymore what might snap us in its jaw.

Sometimes, what I see is a library in a rural community.
All the tall shelves in the big open room. And the pencils
In a cup at Circulation, gnawed on by the entire population.

The books have lived here all along, belonging
For weeks at a time to one or another in the brief sequence
Of family names, speaking (at night mostly) to a face,

A pair of eyes. The most remarkable lies.

>SIEGE by James Mason>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Foundation of Exploration > Culture of Critique >>> Milk and Honey

FTFY

You meme, but that Migos hook is more artistically sound than anything Kaur has ever written. There is a certain cadence to the lyrics that transcends the boundaries of some currynigger thot's writing capabilities, coupled with the adlib repetition of certain phrases drawing attention to the rhythm of the lines spoken by Quavo et al.

Veeky Forums argumentation in a nutshell

> every book store I've gone into in 2017 has literally place Rupi Kaur in the classics section rather than the poetry sections

This goes for the franchise shops like Waterstones and WH Smiths too. When the heck did this instagram-esque poetry become the next biggest thing?

>it speaks of themes that are ignored in 'mainstream' literature, such as abuse, trauma, identity, marginalisation, body image issues, self esteem, among others.
Dude I'm writing a book write now about a girl living in an abusive family featuring these things and more, the plot I stole from a video game from 2014.
Can I be super successful writer like Kaur?

>mfw Rupi Kaur acted as a catalyst for Veeky Forums to write shitty poetry
>mfw we could actually be published with our cynical post-irony poems

A dude I know was reading this shit today. When asked why he said because "it's big on instagram and everybody's posting about it"
He had then proceeded to show everyone this poem and asked: "Do you get it? Do you get it? It's about fingerbanging." After that he made disgusting gestures to those who did get it but had the decency to not dwell deeper into it.
Here's the said poem:
he guts her
with his fingers
like he’s scraping
the inside of a
cantaloupe clean

what purpose is this poem even meant to convey other than fingering a girl is gross sometimes

that you're gay

I actually like this one, made me chuckle

There was some account where people made up a bunch of neckass poems like
"he was
a paper
towel
but she needed
an
air dryer"
and had genuine RK fans praising them, wish I could find it (probably got deleted)

niggas iffy uh
blicky got the stiffy uh
got the blicky uh
drum it come with 50 uh

- rupi 69 kaur

That is her writing, retard.

>The Foundation of Exploration
This meme needs to stop guys. Someone might actually read this if it continues like this.