Should authors "dress the part"?

Should authors "dress the part"?

When's the audition?

Why of course, I never leave home without my writer scarf myself

How did they afford John C Reilly

>His wardrobe isn't versatile enough to cover preppy/frat, hypebeast, aspiring artist and various levels of formality
It's like being monolingual

Is there just one butthurt Irish poster on this board spamming these obscure individuals?

Also no, writers should not attempt to be anything other than what they are.

>Is there just one butthurt Irish poster on this board spamming these obscure individuals?

No there's at least two of us

I am an aspiring author, what should I wear Veeky Forums?

Consider the following

Black jeans, plain colored shirts, a dark military jacket and waterproof boots

Look at the break on those trousers!

Jesus Christ that's disturbing

Ah yes, the Zizek look

>Black jeans
>jeans
ew

If you're a giant faggot who writes because you think its fashionable, yes. You mouth breathers should spend less time emulating your flawed conception of a writer and instead actually write.

A noose.

>He blurted, very effeminately

>dont call me effeminate! he ejaculated, sternly

that would unironically be an edgy fashion statement, thanks

You'd look more like you stumbled out of comic con

Confirming

You're welcome.

t. homosexual

more faggoty shit than this I could scarcely imagine

no, anybody who says otherwise is the same type of dipshit that fills their bookshelves with meme books that they've never read and every time they discuss literature they have to bring up 1984 because they read the first chapter and half the wikipedia page in high school, their entire philosophy is developed through twitter and netflix and they are only concerned with appearances and "looking the part"
writers shouldn't be concerned with "looking the part" they should be concerned with "actually being a fucking writer" and just dress like a normal fucking person

Phew, lot of projection here.
Whats the last book you read little buddy?

yeah "every time somebody says something i dont agree with they actually do agree with me and are just repressed" fuck off lame nigger

Afraid to answer.
Must be something embarrassing

T shirt, jeans and boots
I am not a numale

>boots
>I am not a numale

Uh...

>more faggoty shit than this I could scarcely imagine
youve got a straight scarce shitty imagination desu

>jeans
jeans were a mistake, not a single pair should exist on earth

Tough, its standard trousers of today and you'll look like a pseud faggot if you don't wear them

How did they afford Beckett?

No

/thread

>Tough, its standard trousers of today and you'll look like a pseud faggot if you don't wear them
>some jean wearing faggot actually believes this, and is nervously darting their eyes back and forth this very moment strongly hoping its true

this gives you +50 iq

My Pa wears jeans all his friends wear jeans, his father before him wore jeans.
You're about a century too late for this to be a legit argument.
Unless you work white collar its either jeans or nigger shit like trackpants or joggers. Anything else is hipster pseud

I strictly wear corduroys, chinos, khakis, and dickies

>still being a chino wanker in 2018

>>still being a chino wanker in 2018
>still not comprehending timeless fashion not going out of style

what actually is twill, twill pants, I think thats the only pants I have and wear: like mix between dress, causal, durable work, or something... comfy...slacks?

I bet you look like an autistic Doctor Who LARPer

black levis 505 are /ourjeans/

"Autistic" is redundant.

I didn't want him to think he was one of those Chad Doctor Who LARPers

Being a Chad Docteur Qui cosplayer makes you just a regular autist.

sup yoda

It was that Redwall book with Asmodeus

Do 'chads' really like doctor what's-it

I have no idea what a chad is IRL because I only use Veeky Forums creole on Veeky Forums. I only met one Doctor Who fan IRL and she was mildly autistic and too much into Chinese Cartoons. I imagine who and /a/ go pretty much hand in hand, but no sane man would admit to watching that shit if his reputation is at stake.

my favourite new reaction pic

Artsy-Van-Gogh core?

>age 28

By the time he’s 40, every Irishman has the face he deserves. Then there’s this poor bastard. 28 ffs

>not being fa/lit/ master race
You're never gonna make it

hahaha holy shit what the fuck, you have to be a drooling cretin to believe this is a reasonable purchase

No, and if you think so your writing is probably terrible

please do not insult my nigga Vincent

Fucking call a tailor to take 2 inches of those pants

fa/litfit/

looks like hes wearing newspaper bedding bet hes holding a nice warm rabbit turd in that pocket

fa/g/s/lit/fit/b

fa/g/pol/soc/e/r

the only problem with modern jeans is that thinner, more elastic material has gotten more popular in there production. I went to the store to replace my jeans recently and every pair felt paper thin and had 5% elastane The idea of jeans being tough and durable is long gone. You need to go to more niche shops that sell "raw-denim" and the like to get the desired thickness and durability now.

I might be missing something though and maybe blue-collar shops still sell higher quality, non-fashion, denim.

kmart

Vincent still got gunners

The trick is to buy 1 pair of Carhartt jeans and wear them literally every day for months.

>literally every day for months.
*teleports behind you* *whispers in your ear* "try years...heh, everythings personal kid"

fa/g/s/c/lit/asp/i/e/cm/a/t/po/o/p

Reminds me of the trench coat mafia look.

Steal-toed, SS boots are the opposite of nu-male.

I've yet to have any pair jeans last more than about 18 months doing this. Maybe they last longer if you're just wearing them casually but I wouldn't know.

Oh, wearing the boots of the guys that got handily defeated by Polish and Belarussian peasants wielding sticks and throwing dried shit? Yeah, I'm sure people are shaking in fear

Wearing boots when you have no reason to is always metrosexual lumberjack core

There's always a reason to wear boots. But you can only wear Red Wings or Meindls depending on what you're trying to do. If you wear Timberland or Dr. Martens you should be roped immediately. If you're in the military you're also allowed Rockys, Danners, and Nikes but you should be warned that the issued boots (Belleville I think) are objectively the best for ruck marches.

wtc that whole fit

>its a Fashion Victim Tries to Impress His Internet Friends chapter

I've tried various approaches, and the brooding writer look is terrible for anything except maybe a PR event. My best work comes to me in the morning, eating breakfast at fast food places, able to eavesdrop unnoticed for occasional outside inspiration. If I look too writerly, there's tension and self awareness in the people around me. I've only noticed this by accident over years of doing it. So I go for a look along the lines of "overnight stocker on his day off jotting in a cheap spiral notebook" which if you have a hard time clearly picturing, then maybe you see why that's so effective for my ambition to go unnoticed. I'd like to take it a step further and get rid of my glasses (an inescapably intellectual prop) but I am completely blind without them.

how would a science fiction author dress?

Post more lit fashion

Huh, never knew that the opposite of a numale was an edgy faggot.

Like this

Cargo shorts and an oversized t-shirt with a pop culture reference

a cape, ski goggles, and tighty whities

>writers should pretend they are stuck in the 1910s.