Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums
I've recently commenced watching this wonder of a tv show and I have to say it's really something. Its complex themes and undertones are some of the most advanced and engaging writing I've seen in decades, possibly in all of television history.
The only problem is that even though these themes usually resonate quite well with me sometimes I feel that there are even more subtle layers and undertones to the show that are just going over my head.
What literature can you recommend that would help me get more out of this show? Where do I begin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shouldn't you be in /co/?

Shouldn't you be on R*ddit?

>shouldnt you @ this to dan harmon, justin roiland and co on twitter
also be more specific as to what you think might be going over your head, for me whats interesting is what the show doesnt explicitly say, eg why its men that look like ricks father in the colosseum, beyond fatherly approval and things similar

it's not really a literary matter. the heaviest frame of humanist references applied in R&M comes from positivist thinkers, esp. the pro-science movements, and late XIX century philosophers such as Stirner, Schopenhauer etc.

Other than that, the 'subtle layers' come from hard physics, not necessarily academic level physics, but still, physics.

I love TV shows where you can accurately predict what the writers political opinions are on any given issue. That's how you know it's well written.

>I love TV shows where you can accurately predict what the writers political opinions are on any given issue
That's essentially all TV shows, though.

If you meant to say that TV is shit as a medium I agree.

>That's essentially all TV shows, though.

To greater and lesser degrees. Some shows are better than others. I couldn't tell you what the writers of One Punch Man think about welfare reform or taxes.

>implying they dont want said stance to be known and haven't thought it through
glad you like having no real points to your opinions

pro capitalism, its pretty on the nose too

I'm ultimately making a point about how predictable and boorish progressives are about their politics in the media.

You can be pro capitalism and have differing views on taxes and welfare. This is so beside the point.

Narodnaya Volya literature
Shit thread btw

>Shit thread btw
Pretty good for a Veeky Forums thread actually

>N-NO PAID LEAVE MORTY
sure give me the figures for Harmons maternity leave plan if the show that specific

(OP)
You are a fucking idiot.

this show is complete 'lol so randum XD' reddit tier trash

>the heaviest frame of humanist references applied in R&M comes from positivist thinkers, esp. the pro-science movements, and late XIX century philosophers such as Stirner, Schopenhauer etc.
Wow, I think it's the complete opposite of that, they are far from positivists or even pro-science, in my opinion, I see a lot of psychoanalysis in it. And I don't think physics play a big part in Rick and Morty at all.

I guess what we see in it is a projection of our own interests. The show flies over a lot of things, naturally you can approach those things through various ways.

>predictable and boorish progressives are about their politics in the media
>ITS NOT EXCITING MORTY, IT DOESNT STIMULATE ME, THE SATIRE MORTY, IT DOESNT PROVIDE ME WITH MORE NEW SOLUTIONS TO THE NEV-BRRP-NEVER CHANGING OLD PROBLEMS OF THE PAST AND PRESENT
wew lad

You're trying too hard

>the smartest man across infinite dimensions can't fix an average family dynamic
peak comedic tragedy

>he's coping via ironically not trying
feel free to join us in 2018 whenever user

No I don't have the exact details and figures of Harmon's maternity leave plan and I never claimed to have that sort of knowledge. I'm speaking in more of general manner as in whether or not he would support maternity leave, welfare, abortion, feminism, and so on. I don't know why you're sperging out so hard about this. Anyone can see from watching the show that the writers are progressive and because progressives are so predictable with where they'll stand on various issues a person could say with a reasonable degree of certainty where Dan Harmon is politically on issues that aren't even directly commented on in the show.

Le high iq

get an iQ over 120

What themes are you talking about?

Xavier Renegade Angel is better
youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY