So what's the deal? Can you just read this thing as is or do you need to a biography of those two Mains first?

So what's the deal? Can you just read this thing as is or do you need to a biography of those two Mains first?

You can read it without preparations. It's pretty cool.

ye, it good

I'll admit it was a little hard for me, but it was a pretty fun read overall. Just go for it.

There's not much biographical info about the two, which is why Pynchon could take so many fun liberties/speculations.

son & xon is pynchon's true masterpiece

you don't need to know about the characters before reading it. it's got difficult parts in it (like most of pynchon's work) and it took a little while to get used to their dialect, but it's a great book.

Just read it. You'll enjoy it enough to want to read more about its subjects and the re-read the book.

I didn't even knew what the M&D line was until I read about the book and it's one of my favourites, so no.

I started reading this a few days ago but I dropped it because the abbreviated language was just too much for me.

What was the deal with that talking dog though??

>son & xon
is there any possible textual explanation for this cover?

is Wicks Cherrycoke the greatest fictional name ever created?

PYNCHED
the full names wrap around the spine and back cover

That copy is missing 8 pages total

it's the first edition

Look at the full dust jacket. The name hours around the back

The publisher fucked up, dweeb

They are incomplete people only made whole by the connection of the ampersand

some oldfags still refer to it as son & xon. it's an old meme, newfriend.

think you misunderstood my post

what a pussy

don't think they did, actually

incorrect

Nah

>go to used bookstore
>some slack jawed granpda at the front
>look through pynchon shit
>see inherent vice
>seems like an easy start to him
>buy book, pay cashier
>guy hands me back book
>feel something on the back
>its a dimebag
>he winks at me and says, "enjoy"

Opted for a re-reading of GR instead since a) I enjoy its structure, b) I'm already familiar with its style, and c) niBBas in that other thread are annotating sections every day