Is it worth reading Veeky Forums?

is it worth reading Veeky Forums?

This is on my reading list, haven't read it, but I've heard good things - especially if you loved 'disturbing' fiction, so I'm told.

Yes, in fact, its one of the only halfdozen or so books I would ever consider rereading
go read it fagot, reddit will be proud

I just had a night full of anxiety and nightmares just because of this. I found it to be extremely edgy at some times but it's the first time I feel horror with a book, so yes, it's worth reading.

It's good if you're finding yourself with a hankering for "weird fiction" and stuff like that. It's a bit gimmicky and the Johnny Truant meanderings are almost enough to ruin the book though.

Yes its great, one of my favorite "horror" novels but to be frank I found it to be more of a "romance"

I just wonder why this guy has never managed to write something else that is noteworthy

I recognize this air of cheesy profoundness around it that's hard for me to ignore. I hear that it does have some inspired parts, that it can be creepy and is at least effectively nuts at times. But, it just sounds like a huge gimmick. I'll probably have to get over this some day, borrow it from the library or a friend and give it a "read".

>Johnny Truant meanderings

ruined it for me. didn't even finish it.

Some is great, some is god awful.

The high water mark of the Navidson story line/ the house makes up for the lame Johnny Truant drug parties in the hollywood hills bret easton ellis tier shit.

Worth a read yeah

It's good. Oldfags, i.e. people who have read it, know.

no. look up a pic of the author

i thought it was overrated. it wasn't "scary" or "disturbing," but then ive never found a book to be either. after awhile the non linear or whatever they call it stuff just gets annoying. the main story about the house is good all the other stuff seemed unnecessary to me.

His second book made me seriously question the respect I had for Danielewski.

It's as if DFW wrote a spectacularly shit book after Infinite Jest and then finally offed himself.

The Ellis quote in the front is fucking hilarious. Go read it, you will crack up, it's Veeky Forums related.

I feel like I'm the only person to ever have interpreted this book as a parody of post-modernism

You sound like an asshole.

sounds like a lazy read on it desu

All postmodernism is a parody of postmodernism

An unintentional parody.

Not really.
It’s one long gimmick with no real literary value.