Are there any good atheist arguments against nihilism...

Are there any good atheist arguments against nihilism? It seems like an exercise in reductionism but I can't see any value structure that isn't socially or biologically constructed.

This guys entire canon was about how athiests can defeat nihilism without the use of god.

And if you dont think so you can continue to tip your fedora do a vape and post cp.

Well, I'm an atheist and and I'm just lucky to be happy. When I was a bit younger I had bad depression and anxiety - what I prescribed to myself as nihilism at the time - but I got on through it.

I think nihilism is a largely subjective thing. There are things I naturally do care a lot about, so I suppose through that I'm not a nihilist.

read Kant

edgy teen nihilism is the apex of psuedo-intellectual garbage. It usually involves a immature teen/young adult manchild coming to the obvious conclusion that since they have never in their lives achieved anything that no one can achieve anything so they don't have to feel bad about being worthless.

its honestly pathetic.

>caring about arguments like liberals told you to

All non-religious philosophy post-17th century?

Which Kant

True but not an argument

Immanuel

/thread

edgy teen ANYTHING is the apex of blah blah blah, senpai.
'Caring' or 'not caring' about this that or the other has (perhaps appropriately) absolutely nothing to do with modern nihilism. No one discounts what it is to be human, what it is to like something, dislike something, whatever. Nihilism's ultimate codicil is simply that one's likings, dislikings, achievements, want of achievement, etc. matter very little, if at all. A nihilist understands that he's at the mercy of his own lights, and therefore little bugbears like 'eclecticism' don't hinder him AT ALL when he attempts to write out his own mind, map out his own course, etc., whatever good or ill it may or may not do. It's an exceptionally tolerant position quite naturally- not that this 'matters,' because obviously it doesn't. One grows into it, nihilism,or one doesn't- it's the most honest take I know on what absolutely everyone actually is, whether liked or not-- stupid misconceptions due to the Big Lebowski, the Die Hard movies *und so weite* notwithstanding.

Like which books

Except nothing he said actually worked and amounted to a more convoluted version of Camus' absurdism

Who the fuck is that

Not really. He was still an existentialist and moral nihilist -- saw no absolute values in morality or in the meaning of existence. He just was also something of a pragmatist so said it's more fulfilling to just try to live as strongly as possible.

>existentialist
*existential nihilist

>all of it is atheistic
Kant and Kierkegard say nothing to you? Because I can't think of others who thought of these things and answered them in any way at all. Nietzsche tried, Camus started singing "lalala can't hear you " and acknowledged the motivations behind it; political and sexual.

>Are there any good atheist arguments against nihilism?
Yes, for example the fact that there's no prima facie reason for why an atheist should be a nihilist.

Nihilist about *what*? Jesus Christ this board can't discuss anything right.

Existence and shit. I don't know which is why I'm presenting the question

Nihilism entails you don't have to care about Nihilism either.

Basically the entirety of human philosophical tradition. Read more then come back in 5 years plebeian.

en.wikipedia.org/pragmatism

It's best you actually read him instead of regurgitating what's on Wikipedia.

The "le nothing has any meaning meme" doesn't change the fact that if I slap your shit it'll hurt and you won't like it. That has meaning you aren't free to change.

>it'll hurt and you won't like it

You should stop trying to do philosophy because you are terrible at it

What is pic related?

It's a bucket term for slippery fish. Which is why there's nothing in the bucket.

made me chuckle

>atheist arguments
there is no such thing as "atheist arguments"
atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god or gods. that's it
individual atheists can make arguments about anything they like but they are not "atheist arguments"

>I can't see any value structure that isn't socially or biologically constructed.
what other constructs would you expect? it all boils down to one of these. or chemistry, or physics, if you want to be picky about it.

Arguments not rooted in the belief in God you sperg stop nit-picking

But yeah I only really see those two options. They're good enough for me but I guess I want something more concrete

>le nietzsche defeated nihilism and hated nihilists meme
Embarrassing.

*ties you up in my ten hour tickle torture chamber*
Retard.

>he doesnt believe in the platonic forms

Rational ethics systems can, I believe, defeat nihilism without resorting to ideological virtue systems, but any hardcore denial nihilist will just pull the 'muh subjective reality' trump card which can only be soundly defeated by ontological metaphysics.

Its a rabbit hole not much worth exploring

>if i punch you it'll hurt, looks like i solved philosophy lol

No he isn't. I see a straightforward example of the nihilist's inability to be truly apathetic. Clearly their time/comfort has some relative value. It's just a simple example for simple minds.
Not simple enough, apparently.

He gave us the means to conquer nihilism just like Jesus gave us the means to conquer death. It's not their fault that people don't listen and continue to be plagued by them.

Would you guys actually read Nietzsche before you post?

reminder that if you haven't read Will To Power you still haven't understood Nietzsche yet

The overlap is very significant. Atheism almost always implies physicalist reductionist tendencies, which devalue the importance of qualitative human experiences. An athiest can still hold ideals and have a tentative purpose, but they can never think of that purpose as a real concrete object because the type of thinking that sees ideals as reality usually leads to the realization of God, and the understanding that religion is a description of the behaviour of qualia.