Boston Veeky Forums Meetup Group

We're doing Veeky Forums meetups in Boston. At Trident Booksellers & Café on Newbury Street. Next one sometime in January.

Email bostonliterature at gmail if you're interested.

>Why?

If you've been to university organizations, reading groups, or hung out in a cafe up here, you've noticed the stifling eggshell-walking culture. And also that no one reads Veeky Forums books.

>What?

Something in the vein of Ben Franklin's Junto. Discussion, critique, even a Veeky Forums oriented rag for exercising yr writing/editing/design muscles.

>When?

We'll coordinate over email.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/in_lieu_of
medium.com/@kunaljasty/a-lost-1996-interview-with-david-foster-wallace-63987d93c2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If I ever go to America I need to go to one of those meetups, to see what kind of people you are

Don't eat the brownies, my dudes

/k/ek

why trident
lets go somewhere comfy like commonwealth

also would be funny to see 4-10 people pile into there.

Where in Boston is Commonwealth?

you new to boston? it is by far one of my favorites in town
its at spring street right off the downtown crossing T

I couldn't imagine you meant Commonwealth the bookstore... It's at Trident so we can sit, drink & chat.

I was thinking something much more clandestine feeling and gayer, MB.

Why would I want to meet you and your group of soyboys?

What about Friday?

I'm a girl, am I going to be molested or stared at or ignored or lightly insulted en lieu of having my thoughts considered?

Before I start a dedicated thread for this:

Would anybody be interrested in a meetup in Frankfurt am Main?

i will stare at you and ignore what you say. no insulterino though unless you are very fat

>mfw harvard email addresses

Why don’t we meet up at a bar or something instead of fucking trident

It's very possible we will be banned from Trident

If you make stupid mistakes like thinking in lieu is en lieu then yeah probably

not everyone is old enough to get into a bar

Look it up, pseud. You monoglots make me laugh.

How funny and charismatic. I bet you have a beard.

What's it like living in Boston with MIT, Harvard, and Boston college all around you? Is it a city of extreme high IQers? Is it Veeky Forums the city?

None of those are in Boston. And thank God.

It's a Veeky Forums city by American standards. And yes, Massachusetts has the highest average IQ in North America. This isn't a good thing, necessarily. High IQ people can be boring and mean and over-concerned with status signaling. Sometimes it's hard not to fall over yawning.

What about it

I'll pay up to $100 for your panties on the day, no joke I want to inhale your fumes

Boston is the least Veeky Forums city imaginable

Compared to...? LA? Chicago? NYC? Portland? Austin? Boston is like the anti-meme city.

$500

lets meet at Enfield Marine #7 (the pine board near the kitchen detaches!!)

(litfags will understand :^) hehe)

I left a series of art related clues in the MFA that indicate the next meeting time & place. Happy hunting.

can you imagine a fedora going out and actually doing this

lmfao

Yes.

can we meet tomorrow. or saturday

I like to give everyone more of a heads up, desu. Are you on the email list?

>during blizzard
Wha

No but my boyfriend is.
I think he doesn’t want to bring me. because that’s gay.

I guarantee a lit meetup will be majoraty gay

So you need him out of the apartment?

Hahahaha no.

Monsters

Boston is filled with lawyers and bureaucrats that were too mediocre in Uni to get a job in NYC

Idk I got a job at two different hedge funds in NYC but passed on them to work in Boston b/c NYC is for idiots.

I wont go if there is going to be gays there.

You’re on a literature board for autistic weirdos I bet 70% of lit is bi or gay

Smart!

>prison bi or gay
Ftfy

Just picture 3 guys playing footsie under a tiny cafe table, giggling.

ill probably try to rape you both intellectually and physically tbqh then write about it in my diary

Really thin dirty haired spectacled fags tickling each other’s toes under a cafe table topped with manga, fantasy, and completely full coffee cups

"Try to rape" meaning staying in your dorm, wondering how it went.

One guy sitting alone with two flirty hallucinations of himself, talking into the black of his coffee.

>implying it isn’t already gay to love a woman

You're talking English, it's in lieu.

LOL

>en lieu
isn't even the correct expression in French.
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/in_lieu_of

Wrong. You wiki waddling toddler.

no, everybody is a fucking faggot

Like Veeky Forums?

The Virgin Monoglot

OP has failed me

How

En lieu makes no sense unless you're adding something before it (ie: en tout lieu, en premier lieu, en lieu sûr,etc...). You would say au lieu de or au lieu que...

t. native French speaker

LOL silly boys.

I'm not close to Boston but I still wouldn't show up because of how shit this """"coordinator""""'s taste in women is

Is a Salem bro welcomed?

Bring Tarot cards

Retards full of shit

It's a good thing when someone has different tastes... You train pulling herpetic

Tbh you have to have a very high IQ to understand New Englanders.

This but unironically.

Fuck hipster-effete-bisexual Newbury Street and the whole-foods-eating, $8-mochacino-latte-sipping pseudo intellectual yuppies who go there.

Metro West 4 life.

>Enfield
>Metrowest
Come on now.

>"Much of the novel Infinite Jest takes place in a city called Enfield, Mass.; David Foster Wallace has confirmed that he took the name from the town, but geographic cues make clear that the town in the novel is not the actual Enfield, and is instead a fictional stand-in for Brighton. The Enfield Tennis Academy and Ennet House, major locations in the novel, are located there."

>medium.com/@kunaljasty/a-lost-1996-interview-with-david-foster-wallace-63987d93c2c

Come on now to your come on now

This dude knows it.

Ask /k/ for more precautionary information.

Why is Boston better than NYC for any type of finance? Alternatively, what do you mean by "idiots"?

Come on now, my come on now was to your calling Wallace's Enfield Metrowest which you come on nowed proving my point with a goshdang link. Come on now.

You will be killed if you read milk and honey. Same goes for males.

>tfw you should all do a Good Will Hunting style normie takedown of arrogant Harvard scum after your meetup

Apples

Harvard ppl are involved m8

I did say only
>Arrogant
Harvard scum.

It's not your fault.

Did Harvard reject you

Show us where Harvard rejected you.

Oh, so you do have a pony-tail?

Most people at Harvard are retards whose mummy and daddy made a donation

You wanna GO BIG GUY?

Aesthetics.

I've worked in NYC, it's disgusting. It's a meme. If you want to live in and around concrete, screeching metal & and stunning rot while racing the rat race, go ahead.

The food is better, though.

Wew lad