Anti-Oedipus Book Club

A few people on here were discussing the possibility of starting an Anti-Oedipus bookclub about a week ago -

- If anyone is still interested, post in this thread and I'll link the discord. The plan will be to start reading in a week's time

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/8dQXUJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okay, it's bedtime in Bongland, so I'm going to just leave the link here

discord.gg/8dQXUJ

Discord?

No thanks. I'll stay with the comfy GR group.

Just got the book, am V interested.

Interested, but brainlet stem fag '_'

Join anyway, that's the benefit of a group. I'm a philosophy brainlet too

But why use discord instead of the thread? Y'all just want a hug box to be speacial snowflakes into.

I'll join if it's on Veeky Forums and not discord

This. Also, are we gonna read thousand plateaus after?

>tfw idk if I should read the english translation or the translation to my native language

this (checked) and
also checked, I think moving onto atp after would be awesome both of these volumes are so ambitious in scope and have a lot of opportunity for interesting discussion

It's on discord because discussion can be a bit more fluid. Veeky Forums is slow. I'll keep making threads whenever we meet to discuss so feel free to have your own discussion in parallel here - but I'll keep posting the discord if you change your mind

I might drop in next week desu, I haven't read Heidegger or really studied Marx and Freud so I have some apprehensions

>anti-oedipus instead of a thousand plateaus
you fucked up

>tfw you search your public library site for the book
>most relevant results are antifa handbook and anti inflammation cook books
No book club for this speud

Get a pdf from b-ok.org
Don't worry. I haven't read Heidegger either. All I have is some acquiantence with Freud and Spinoza. Someone has posted a very good pre-reading list to check out in the discord. I'm going to brush up in the next week.

I put it in the end of my reading list for this year... Since when I made this very thread, it got no replies.

Do you know at what pace you want to go? Pages in a week?

Anyway send me an invite plz.

Penguin or UofMinnesota translation?

Check the first post. I was thinking maybe we'd take it up to maybe 6 weeks so people can fit some supplementary material in on the way. It really depends on the group

Nah, AO has some important stuff in it that helps better understand ATP. Both books are annoying, but for different reasons.

Time tables don't really matter as much for non fic w/o a narrative it's more about having other people trying to understand the same concepts.

Agreed. There is going to be an initial reading for gist, with the four parts of the book divided into different discussions. Then further discussion along with supplementary reading (Spinoza, Freud, Lacan, etc.)

This is an ongoing understanding of AntiOedipus

>It's on discord because discussion can be a bit more fluid. Veeky Forums is slow.
you mean to say that discord is a smooth, supple space, whereas Veeky Forums is striated and segmented

Absolutely, it's far more F L U I D

There is nothing fluid about that laggy piece of shit garbage software.