Welp. I've pre-ordered my copy. I don't want to miss out on the book of the year...

welp. I've pre-ordered my copy. I don't want to miss out on the book of the year. It looks like it'll sell out pretty quickly.

What can I expect inb4 "fake news".

Other urls found in this thread:

nyti.ms/2E1bYSu
youtube.com/watch?v=nAgJAxkALyc
youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOJZ-QzBk
youtube.com/watch?v=9J64NfxdC5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He goes to bed at 6.30 to simultaneously watch 3 televisions and eat a cheesburger..... in a separate bedroom from his qt wife.

the guy has the star-spangled banner running through his veins

torrent pls

A bunch of Jews from CNN arguing with a bunch of Jews from inside the WH.

don't care, i just want to read about people giving Drump a serve, first behind his back, and now right to his stupid orange face.

I wasn't going to read this until I heard that Trump's lawyers tried to get the book pulled. Now I'm aching to get a copy

It just some boring political rumor mongering. There's an audience for it but it'll boring as all hell to anyone not suffering from TDS. Every single word of it can be absolutely true and it won't matter at all because we already know Trump is eccentric. Of course he would do odd shit and go his own way, that's part of what makes him so likable to me.

Any chance someone here has a kindle leak or something like that?

nyti.ms/2E1bYSu

his aids also call him idiot, dumb, etc behind his back

Didn't mean to @ that post

An employee calling their boss an idiot? This is unheard of.

Should we Veeky Forumsizens do a reading group, like other anons are doing with Gravity's Rainbow?

>man who is in sole command of thermonuclear mobilization doesnt know what the nuclear triad is
>lmao I love his eccentric attitude

Its definitely going to be rumor after rumor, but this guy has been on tv his entire life and is now treating this generation's cuban missile crisis like he was in a diss war with lil wayne on twitter. Give me a break on that eccentric bullshit. If anyone has good reason to like Trump then it's because he is stupid enough to let the Republican party do whatever they want.

>but this guy has been on tv his entire life and is now treating this generation's cuban missile crisis like he was in a diss war with lil wayne on twitter.
That is great imo, I can't wait for the divine warheads to annihilate this mongrel world

The opening scrawl lists out essentially that the author made it up by applying his interpretation, wrote specifically only one persons version of events or just made it up altogether. Not much of worth in it, but it's probably going to amusing generally as a fun piece.

>when your such a numale that you have no understanding of what that would look like
go back to /sffg/ or if you really want to end it so bad, kys, its not immoral

That North Korea shit has been going on for decades. It's nothing new. It wasn't a real problem during Obama and it's not a problem now. It's nothing even remotely close to the Cold War. Relax.

what's worse, a president who has never read the constitution or one who has read it and doesn't care about it anyways?

agreed its not like the cold war. Its a situation where a small country is trying to survive by making entry into the MAD club. The problem is these weapons are real and you dont make it into the MAD club by only bluffing, you get in by being a legitimate threat, like the cuban crisis proved. Now still, before NK wasnt much of a threat, but now we have a president who unironically thinks the issue is trivial and worth escalating through fucking tweets, while at the same time, NK is making steady progress toward actually being a threat. Think about the grand context of the entire NK situation, and think about how absolutely absurd and reckless it is to risk escalation by way of dumb ass tweets. Dont lump me into the huffpo camp where nuclear annihilation is only days away, I am this concerned because even one bomb dropped as a result of the ignorant mishandling of this type of situation would be one of the stupidest and most destructive things to happen in human history.

Not wanting the world to be destroyed and rebuilt is peak numale though

I'm so not interested in anything you have to say.

no worries mate, go back to enjoying your reality tv and brainlet lifestyle. Let us adults handle the important stuff.

only numales would be so far removed from history and humanity that the utter destruction of civilization would be a good thing. Anyways, I thought you were still in jail, Ted.

Why dont you guys go to talk about politics in the political board? Also this is not a fucking US board. Its kinda annoying see all those threads all day and you always repeat the same meme insults.
>inb4 we wuz talking about books and sheet xDDD :)
Gtfo fuck off my board, redneck niggers.

No one is ever going to use nukes, not even Trump or Kimmy. MAD stops anyone from doing it - even dumb people can grasp MAD.

i like this presidency if only for the fact that we're gonna get a pretty sick trump era version of this in ~40 years

are you implying kaczynski is a numale? Also name one thing in any current civilization worth saving (something which enhances your empty hedonistic lifestyle doesn't count)

>kaczynski

>rick and morty-tier virgin hermit who couldn't take the banter

yes

In other words, you're a pathetic child shaped wholly by entertainment/social media.

I watched a documentary about him on the crime channel: the post

you're pretty boring. so kim drops an h bomb on la. and then what? he and his family dies in nuclear fire. kim is a billionaire who's the ruler of enitire country. he has at least one daughter and a wife- so he probably doesn't want to rick their life/their way of life

>NK is making steady progress toward actually being a threat.

How so, Kim only acts in his country's best interest, people actually believing that he's a dumbass are clueless when it comes to non-democratic politics. He's been groomed since birth to become a leader and he knows what happens to non-nuclear dictatorships (Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and almost Syria)

If you watch Trump interviews from the 80s he comes across as fairly verbose and articulate. What happened?

Are you okay? You can just hide the thread

This, seriously

Maybe a neurological problem

He had to have gotten dumber or at least now appears dumber. There's no way somone with his apparent intelligence could have done what he did.

Dumb people can grasp mad. But some men just want to watch the world burn.

He got old. Or was replaced by an animatronic chunk of Spam.

If Kim nukes LA the rest of the world is forced to move on North Korea, meaning at the very least Seoul is devastated by conventional weapons and Kim is taken down as a ruler. Then the rest of the world has to deal with millions of new refugees who are indoctrinated against America and most of the western world.

In the worst case scenario, the greater US population will have to confront the fact that we murdered tons of North Korean civilians in the Korean war and that their hatred for us isn't entirely unjustified -- but the US the pretty good at ignoring the innocent civilians we murder, so that probably won't happen.

>you're pretty boring
gee, apologies, go read some YA fiction, much more interesting.
My point is its two reckless idiots escalating a conflict. It used to be just one.

Completely agreed. I would do the same shit in his position. But pointing nukes at anyone, even if it's a bluff, is one blunder away from nuclear conflict.

What he did?

2018 meme trilogy: The Sun and Her Flowers, Behead all Satans, SIEGE

Could you please contain your forced edge, you could cringe someone to death with that.

It’s hilarious that this book triggered all the /pol/tards who don’t read and will never read this book when it’s released because they’re incapable of reading anything longer than a Veeky Forums post

It doesen't hurt him to appear dumb. Remember Bush? Every night Jon Stewart would deliver punchline after punchline about how he couldn't pronounce a word or how he got away with repeating southern fried sayings as explanations of complicated policy issues or as interpretation of international events. What impact did that have on his presidency, I mean, his ability to hold office and exercise his powers as president, and not "you're not allowed to laugh at daddy points." If anything it neutralizes the opposition from taking political action in exchange for cheap laughs.

If you are a right winger this type of thing shouldn't bother you much. You can bet your ass it wont stop Trump from handing out tax cuts, corporate welfare, or privatizing government agencies. Who cares?

will this be available to buy digitally at midnight?

>he's not dumb, its just an act

Yes.

Only a nu-male would give a shit about the rights of others and not want to see an asiatic mongrel nation like Korea raised to nothing.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAA

I love how the most pretentious head-stuck-up-their-ass dumbasses are so proud and sure of themselves. I don't like Trump as a president at all, but you have to be a 19-year-old girl who frequents Tumblr to fall for Trump's shtick.

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=nAgJAxkALyc

It's obvious he has a greater intellectual capacity than he shows himself to has and is capable of eloquence and critical thought. His whole persona as some man-of-the-people, straight-talking aggressive anti-PC is mostly made to keep playing into a group of dumb conservative American voters who'll fall for it, and also to enrage PC-idiots, thus further making these conservatives more sympathetic for him the more the leftist media keeps taking easy shots on him. They're literally playing right into his hands.

Again, I don't like Trump, I think he's a cynical and somewhat dangerous man, but he's obviously much more calculating and intelligent than he shows himself to be.

It makes people feel good to think they're smarter than the president.

Trump is better understood as an hyperreal dotard-feedback loop fuelled by cable news. It's futile to try and evaluate him as a statesman, because Trump is not a statesman, he's something different. There's something very Nietszchean about Trump, check out his review of Citizen Kane, he barely understands the movie and yet is ready to live it over and over again in a sort of Eternal Return. He's probably the loneliest president in America's history, but that's another story.

youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOJZ-QzBk

God you sound like a facebook liberal soccer mom.

How is it at all obvious? While it’s not apparent in the top line poll numbers, his base is cooling on him. His approve has been stable (and bad) but polls which measure how enthusiastically they approve has consistently seen a cooling from even his hardcore fans.

You know what else has the apperence of ‘making the media play right into his hands’? An angry old man, struggling with the early effects of dementia, one who doesn’t really want to be president and spends his time watching cable news and angrily tweeting about stuff he doesn’t like. There is no reason to think he’s playing some sort of Art of War ‘make them think you are weak when you are strong’ game.

That North Korea tweet doesn’t ‘outrage PCs, and endears him to conservatives’, it’s even making conservatives very nervous, and it’s going to have huge consequences for all the republicans who are seen as not doing anything to check him.

Back during the election everybody knew that he was only running as a marketing ploy, trying to boost his brand, and we all saw how horrified he looked on election night. But after he was elected everybody seemed to forget that, and stopping reading his actions in that light. The man never wanted to be president, he’s not clever, just in way over his head and struggling to deal with where he’s found himself.

"I like him because he's an idiot" how is it being underage

The term idiot doesn't mean the same thing as eccentric.

here, I already addressed that he was a good speaker back then. do you really think he's been putting on an act (which he has never once broken) the past several years? it is far more likely that his mental faculties have in fact deterriorated

Seriously, you freaks have been declaring the innevitable downfall of Trump since 2015, and you have failed every single time. Trump is a simulacrum that exist out of the established rules of reality, he is indestructible, like some sort of allegory or arcane deity. I honestly feel Humbled whenever He is on TV.

He's not the manager of a Shake Shack.

It's obvious because he was extremely articulate and eloquent in the 1980s and 1990s., as points out. When I listen to him speak today, I don't think he's someone with neurological degeneration. He still seems sharp, just playing a much more bombastic, aggressive role because that's how he started his campaign and if he turned back now he'd look weak-willed and it'd be useless.

Also this I don't much like Trump, but his, uh, "strategy" is pretty impressive, the guy pretty much revels in his own invincibility and bombast. He's playing the media and knows that no matter how much he's disliked, he still has a devoted fanbase and still has a lot of power as president with executive orders and whatnot.

>when your such a numale
And they say Veeky Forums doesn't read.

Also you're thinking from the point of view of intelligent, moderate, educated and well-reasoned people.

>That North Korea tweet doesn’t ‘outrage PCs, and endears him to conservatives’, it’s even making conservatives very nervous, and it’s going to have huge consequences for all the republicans who are seen as not doing anything to check him.

Look at some of the comments on YouTube videos of Trump's speeches. There's a hell of a lot of people in America who feel that politicians are overly intellectual, overly sterile, and that Trump is just a real, honest, sincere man looking out for their best interests. Read the comments on this:

youtube.com/watch?v=9J64NfxdC5g

lol, youtube streams are raided by t_d and /pol/

>check out his review of Citizen Kane, he barely understands the movie and yet is ready to live it over and over again in a sort of Eternal Return.

genuinely don't know whether to laugh or cry

t_d and /pol/ are tiny compared to the facebook boomer normie horde.

Yeah I know. He's the president.

so is he genuinely retarded or is it an act to appeal to the american electorate?

boomers don't post on youtube streams. youtube comment threads on political videos are ALWAYS dominated by t_d/pol/

He's just having fun by the left is full of a bunch of humorless twats so they don't get it.

Congrats, You're all retarded.

thats literally how one would write a book about trump. How would you do it? Im assuming you dont have a magic lie detector or fortune telling orb.

Basically it's a Liberal Fantasy Book, I'm not understanding how people are actually interested and hyped about a book written by an author who claims that the "Facts" portrayed in the book are mostly untrue and construed to his liking. Is the left this fucking desperate? Obviously.

I don't care what your politics are, if you don't find stuff like this funny there's something wrong with you. There's a good chance that 50 years from now some kid is going to be reading this tweet from a school textbook. That's amazing.

Lighten up.

The best part is his "get a better wife" comment at the end completely misunderstands, or more likely disregards the moral of the film.

Yeah so obviously the best thing to do is to just assume the worst possible interpretation of events in every instance because that suits your agenda.

Very Kurosawian and Rashomon-esque.

Unless the tapes Wolff claims to have are released in public and confirm what he wrote in the book, his reputation for playing loose with the facts and the opening scrawl should be enough to be cautious. Feels like it's almost too conveniently written to appeal to the anti-Trump camp who want their confirmation that his advisors despise him, how he's gradually developing signs of dementia, and that he never wanted the job.

he never implied that, only that he used his discretion to put the most reliable versions of what happened. You can claim that he is inherently biased, but to assume he has a sinister motive with no proof is just being cynical

Consider how brainwashed everyone in NK is--they are the only people crazy enough on Earth to do shit like that.

>Implying ''facts'' are a tenable concept in 2018 AD schizoid hyperreality hell

>admitting to using editorial discretion is the same thing as admitting your book is wholly fictional

How do you know that?

The average North Korean definitely ranks higher in Mental Health than the average American

How are things over on Reddit? Are they good?

He heard it on Fox News.

History goes into textbooks because it's important, not trivial. On one level Trump's uncouthness is darkly funny, but you have to realize that at some point our lives are made needlessly more dangerous.

>imblying anything human makes it out of the near future

Here is why I find it hard to get excited for books like this: if it really did contain amazing details, wouldn't we know about them already? It's not like this book will contain some amazing revelation because if there were "bombshells" we would already know about them.

spooky

I absolutely agree he sounds at least articulate and indeed sometimes eloquent back in his prime, and that’s a big part of why I’m saying it’s dementia. The moment I think is really tell was that press conference he did shortly after Flynn was fired, I think that moment was the biggest insight we had because he had no control of what was going to be said to him and he just had to respond to the questions given. He was a disaster there, immensely inarticulate, what a lot of reporters accurately called ‘unhinged’.

He doesn’t sound sharp at all, except when he’s reading off a script written by his team, and that only highlights for me how degenerated he has become.

You misunderstand me then. Where am I predicting an immediate fall? Trump’s not going anywhere. He will serve his four years or die trying. The democrats will never have the numerical strength to unseat him, and I don’t see a world where he becomes so much of a liability to the republicans that they do something as drastic as an impeachment. Republicans have already successfully muddied the water enough on the Russia probe that the worst case scenario could come back and most republicans would feel safe in ignoring it. I agree that asides for the will of god stopping his heart, he will continue to serve.

Things like this make me feel more and more that America deserves Trump and that I should stop worrying and enjoy the decline. I’ve got my degree in mathematics and I’m always going to find work doing something statistical, why put the effort into resisting America turning into dogshit?

If you aren’t a nihilist it’s not really that funny. Read some Heidegger and realize you are really in this bitch,

Realize that fascism is the default, natural system for human organizing. Democracy is deeply unnatural, and thus is in constant need of effort to maintain.

If you think those tweets increased the amount of danger we face in any way then you've lost all perspective. I don't say that to be a dick but it;s an insane belief with no rational reason behind it. North Korea is no more likely to attack us no than they were last year or the year before that.

no, i'm not an american but increasingly am forced to live in a world shaped by the stupidity of americans.

We're the only smart country, every other country is succumbing to the ISLAMIC hordes. We're the last real bastion of Christianity left.

Great fucking retortm faggot.

The first line of Jean Edward Smith's bio of Bush 43 is "Rarely in the history of the United States has the nation been so ill-served as during the presidency of George W. Bush."

I'm going to wait until a book striking a similar elegiac note is written, which necessarily means I'm waiting till after this administration is kaput. Wolff's book is the kind of gossip that's definitely going to get it mentioned in retrospectives of this moment but no one will read it again.

>pretty sick trump era version
If by "sick" you mean that most of the electorate will have succumbed to the opioid epidemic, then you're dead-on.

Yeah, he sounds like a syphilitic moron now compared to any '80s interview with him.

First as tragedy, then as farce.

It's also a matter of him talking on subjects that he doesn't know so well, and he's generally talking around the point, not making promises/commitments he hasn't cleared out ahead of time

It must be quite tiresome to remember what you are allowed or not allowed to talk about

>97 posts
>9 posters
:')