Stories about depression and MI as in The Bell Jar, Mrs Dalloway, To Room Nineteen, etc.? Also...

Stories about depression and MI as in The Bell Jar, Mrs Dalloway, To Room Nineteen, etc.? Also, I noticed I don't know any by male writers, although males are more depressed because of loneliness.

Journey to the End of the Night
The Sun Also Rises
Infinite Jest
My fucking diary

Female depression isn't real since it can easily be cured by handbags and copious amounts of attention. Only male depression is real

I hope your depression is real. real bad.

I'm relatively content with my life, actually

This obviously.

Stupid.

I thought over all, women are more depressed and attempt more suicide but less succeed.
Men are more likely to commit violent suicide and thus succeed.

Women "attempt" suicide as a means to get attention. Whereas men attempt suicide as a means to commit suicide.

Well, men are the ones who lack attention (because society doesn't pay them any attention at all, atm).
I'm depressed personally because I lack attention - not that everyone should be attention whore, but you can't live with knowing nobody gives a fuck about you, except if he wants to pour his frustration onto you/humiliate you so he can look good.

No. Men could also "attempt" to get attention. The differece is most women get enough attention already, so they don't have to "attempt", let alone really kill themselves

Back to /r9k/ with you

Nice to see people aren't afraid to speak the harsh truth here.

The harsh, capital T (((redpill))) Truth?

desu

>depression is lack of handbags
>depression is lack of attention

I know you're trolling but there are retarded kids here who will take your word for it. Women are notably more likely to experience depression and anxiety unless the entire medical field is a conspiracy - and only when it comes to women. Even Veeky Forums isn't that moronic.

Hunger by Knut Hamsun

this

also Frost and Correction by Thomas Bernhard

This, women don't have souls. They are hollow shells that need a man to fill them with opinions and material things.

>He doesn't know the diagnosis of depression is built on lofty sciences and principals and it's a giant pharma conspiracy to psyop the brain of as many people as possible with "Anti-depressants" which are really just the pills you take to be OK with your jewish overlords in a world where the only thing that vanquishes the bad things in your life is willpower and struggle.

OK. This might easily be refuted by simply stating that I am not a chick, but that is exactly why I wonder about this.
Are women less like to have existential crises because naturally and very much pushed by their upbringing and the society they live in, it is that they know too much of their purpose is to simply have a child.
Sort of difficult to label sex a meningless hedeonistic act if you once you mess up you could be pushing out a living being 9 months later.

Thanks Tom Cruise.

>unless the entire medical field is a conspiracy

hehe yeah...

women are souless trash haha god I wish someone loved me

No one has existential crises in the 21st century. To have a crisis, you need to believe there was purpose to begin with. People are born fully aware they have no purpose now.

Dude, churches and mosques still exist. Organised religion hasn't yet been wiped out entirely

Have you been to a church lately? Not a soul younger than 50 attending mass.
And I was obviously addressing the Western World.

> it is that they know too much of their purpose is to simply have a child.
except it isn't

>Sort of difficult to label sex a meningless hedeonistic act if you once you mess up you could be pushing out a living being 9 months later.
Why would men having an easier time labeling sex as meaningless make them more depressed? Is this seriously the only thing you're capable of hinging your existence upon? "The reason for which you happen to be alive" =/= "the reason for which you choose to live". I mean if we grew a test tube baby, would its purpose be to grow more babies in test tubes?

I'll grant you that user's point was slightly exaggerated but most Christians are hobbyists who treat church like a cooking class nowadays

>he cannot tell the difference between the incel struggle and having a genuine mental disorder anymore
Do you actually believe the garbage you post? That women cannot suffer from depression?

Every Sunday of my life m8.

>"The reason for which you happen to be alive" =/= "the reason for which you choose to live".
That is sort of what I mean., except I am not gonna dwell on the choose your reason for why to live.
Women """perhaps""" have more of a definite purpose, of which they are constantly made aware of as well. The guy can buzz off after, the woman might get stuck with a new life forming inside her.
I am perhaps asking for a woman to refute my naivité with her personal emotions and thoughts.
I'm not trying to make a huge point but it seems women have a part that makes it too easy for them to be assigned a purpose.

Why can't I have Kobayashi gf irl.

What the fuck kind of God creates earth and doesn't populate it with atleast one Kobayashi look-a-like?