E-reader vs books

Where do you guys stand on E-readers vs physical books?

Physical books win. E-readers don't feel right, I only use mine for comics now because it's way too easy to get distracted.

>Comics
This is Veeky Forums kiddo.
Go to /co/, and find your anime threads to jack off to.

Opposite of this. I like physical books but I can't justify spending up to 10 dollars more when i'm a poorfag. So I just get ebooks and an occasional physical book to go on my shelf. Comics are always physical though because I want color.

I prefer to read on my kindle as it is more convenient, but I also buy physical books.

Used books are generally much cheaper than ebooks.

>comics
That state of this board

PICTURE BOOKS LOL

I enjoy video games as well. Sue me.

Some old ones yes.

This is why Nietzsche thought writing and reading should be for the few.

Kys

literature should be purely for the intellectual vocation.

My preference lies in physical, hard cardboard books with paper pages and chemically-black ink text. It's smell, it's smell! It gives me chills down my skull to my heels every time my nose comes anywhere near it's essense. So, thus, my bookshelves are full of them, not full of ogre-smelling, digital DRMed softw-- no, I won't even dare call its name. Books are for human beings.

I threw put all my paper books. I just use e-readers now. Yes, e-readers. Plural. I buy every new e-reader that comes out and put a single book on every e-reader and print out little dust jackets for them and line them up on my shelf. I have about 40 e-readers in my bookcase. It's the best of both worlds. Hold on I'll snap a polaroid.

Tangible>audible>digital
The first and second are actually interchangeable depending on the kind of book, as some books are better narrated than read and vice versa

I like my ereader for travelling and commuting which is where I do most of my reading

If I really like a book and reread it I buy a physical copy

Love em both to be honest. Have a kindle Paperwhite and some shelves.

I have a kindle but i use it only for downloads from gutenberg.org
I prefer paper books but i travel a lot so it is more convenient to carry a kindle than to carry three books i would finish in a trip.
Gutenberg is awesome. Free lit in different languages different editions. So i spent a hundred euro on my kindle and by now read over 200 free books on it.

>buying ebooks instead of downloading them for free
lol

I pirate all my ebooks and then the books I really like I purchase and put on a shelf so people think I'm smart and I can say with confidence I have read them without ever actually having opened the physical book.

Audiobooks > e-books

If I like some book, I do what this user does

What a gorgeous house, could've toned down the memento mori, though.

I've never touched an e-reader in my life, and never will. I have no objection to other people using them, and it's true that if you have to travel light it's an inconvenience to bring along a lot of books, but I would prefer to re-read a physical book than to be able to carry around a whole library in an e-reader. I just can't appreciate a book as much unless it's in a physical format.

Prefer physical books but e-reader is also fine.

Getting distracted by the dictionary? What could be distracting on an e-reader?

I bought the Kindle 3 (not Paperwhite) a long time ago, but ebooks are expensive, man. I can just download them from b-ok, but it's hard to find books in my native language (Polish) there. Biggest Polish file sharing service chomikuj.pl used to have a lot of ebooks available for free, but now they started fighting the pirates a bit.
It's neat to have them easily accessible on one machine, but books just feel better, I don't know why, maybe it's the manual turning of the pages, or the weight, or the smell, something subconscious. Also I never pay for physical books, I always get them from the library. Only when something's missing from the library I get the ebook

E-reader is more practical
Physical books are more satisfying

/thread

Physical books are better but ebook readers give you access to an enormous library of books you can download for free in ten seconds

It's pretentious LARPing to read physical books in 2018.

I prefer physical books but mostly use a Kindle paperwhite because most of what I read is on Project Gutenberg anyway. Also can't really store many more physical books.

no it hurts my eyes and i don’t have comfortable arrangements to read off comp, no ereader either (and never buying one), so if i want to read outside of discomfort or apt i have to have a physical copy. also many books are not available in kindle format, the e-pubs and pdf’s are sometimes unavailable or badly copied, missing words, missing references, index, footnotes, translation notes. some editions of translated texts or w/illustrations don’t exist as e-books. you’re really not thinking clearly, just saying whatever feels good because you exist on a hylic level

Okay.