What happened at the end boys?

What happened at the end boys?

He hung himself with a belt

nobody on nu/lit/ has actually read this

Hal totally lost the ability to speak, Don ended up on the coast or something, something about a graveyard, Orin died I think, also something about Himself's ghost but I never really got that

It isn't what happened at the end, it is what happened between the last page and the first?

Reread the first chapter

Sad but true, maybe if Jordan Peterson talks about it

maybe if we just give him some patreonbux

What happened between the last page and the first?

i don't think giving dfw money will help him at this point

End?

Supposedly Hal, Gately, and Joelle went to dig Himself up because it contains the entertainment which along with the DMZ that was on Hal's toothbrush will cure him of depression. . . IF the cripples didn't get it first.

That's just what I read tho

It's a tragic ending. Our hero, Pemulis, loses hard.

I would hope so

Lol'd

is it ok to unironically like pemulis or am i a pleb

i hope poor tony is ok

You're good. He's pretty much everyone's favourite character.

He's a real shitbag desu. I don't know about pleb but you're probably an insecure nerd.

Pemulis is the man, man.

Maybe the real Infinite Jest was the friends we made along the way

why would anybody read it when it's his third best novel and is worse than his essay collections?

at the end if i remember correctly there is "change"... "yes we can" and something something great again.

It loops around to the beginning

Hal becomes happy, kind of.

I liked him until it turned out he was a massive cunt.

he deserved better. what dfw did to him was cruel

What was cunty?

Trying to stop Hal from giving up weed and getting him hooked on other drugs.

Misery loves company

everbodys addicted to something man

But Pemulis unironically thought he was helping Hal. When did Hal help Pemulis?

Orin doesn't die. I thought the consensus was he dug up the tape so that was unsuccessful and he later sold it to the Canadians to get off scot free and continue with his aimless and hedonistic life style. The joke is that JO Incandenza, even as a metaforce in the narrative, can't account for the shittiness of the world/his own son he's also neglected, and that Gatley and Hal's resolution isn't some stupid hero's journey w/ metaphysical inplications but a spiritual journey (hence why it isnt really featured in the narrative at all). Idk how the invasion of the tennis match plays into all this (maybe that was before the Canadians realized Orin had it). It's been awhile desu.

Anyone have the greentext with the guy who brings Infinite Jest to his English class and always references it to the annoyance of his classmates?

Pemulis only fault was being poor. He was too pure for the classist people at the ETA.

there is enough better literature to fill a lifetime and it's not old enough to be historically significant, the only reason to read it is if you want to be able to join in on some Veeky Forums memes

It looped around to the beginning

It's kind of a shitty book, but there's something very charming about it that makes it worthwhile, and the memes are top notch.

this
how can you not realize this

There's still a lot of dots to connect, but I do recommend that everyone who finished IJ go on to reread the first chapter

here you go buddy

I wish I could at least hope this wasn't true, but I know it is.

Thanks, but there's another one where all this guy could talk about is Infinite Jest and brings it up in every literary discussion his professor brings up. I remember a part where he slaps Infinite Jest hard on the desk and some marine throws it out the window, only for him to have a second copy in his backpack.