Bookshelf thread?

Bookshelf thread?

This is my new collection. Unfortunately, I got rid of most of my books when I was suicidal a while back but have been collecting again ever since my will to life was restored. Top shelf is Christianity. Middle shelf is philosophy and more religion. Bottom shelf is fiction and some more philosophy.

Sure

That gnostic gospels book has pretty loose translations and no manuscript references.

The Robinson or Meyer translations of the Nag Hammadi Library are much better.

That is a sweet edition of LIfe & Fate

Stop stacking your books like that

Eh. It is what it is. I actually bought it for a lady friend who I am trying to redpill into Christianity. I am already familiar with the more scholarly translations. Planning on giving it to her tonight.

Why

Chill im working on getting a huge shelf. My buddy is tearing down his barn this spring and im getting that sweet sweet wood and we are making a book shelf and some coffee tables for friends.

Haven't posted my shelf in years. Here's a recent shot. Multiple photos stitched together.

I like the 'old worn out books' thing you got going on. Having a commentary on Heidegger, but no Heidegger. That's strange. Some interesting books on the middle shelf.

This is a bookshelf thread, not a book stack thread. Post again when you have this:

Damn m8, that’s a mfing shelf

Kind of unconventional, I'm an artfag so I need shit like this, anyone got any recommendations to fill it out more, either in line with what I got or something to broaden my interests. I like genre-sci-fi, hard or fantasy. The farther in the future the better. Mythic tales work too, I have Gilgamesh as a pdf.

P.S. I have some elementary children's books from my own childhood incase I have kids some day.

Thanks. Took a long time to get all those books.
For you, I'd highly recommend The Invention of Art by L.E. Shriner. Honestly, it should be required reading for any art or art history student. Goes over the history of the concept of art. I found it fascinating.

Surprisingly good.

nice

You're the biggest pleb I've seen on here.

w2c the hardcover Landmark books?

Well now, that's not true, it's always nice to see some unique religious tex--

>George R.R. Martin

Burn him alive.

This used to be my collection a few years back. I think the photo was taken in 2012. Also went through a suicidal phase and got rid of almost all those books. Sold them for R900 (about US $ 73).

Since then I have collected these books. I have tried to obtain the worthwhile books I lost.

But who knows... I may soon lose my job and things may have to change again.

Holy shit, if you have read most of the stuff on these shelves you're probably the most well-read person on Veeky Forums. May I ask how old you are?

I refuse visual participation in these threads because I value my privacy to just that extent. But I have a fair lifetime shelf, with philosopy, modern history and fiction on top (lighter volumes), together with a more recent religion/occult interest (far top left, first things historically though they aren't ordered as such in my personal life), and heavier science textbooks (math) and art books on the bottom.

A shelf off to the right stores all my old weeaboo anime magazines and children's books and such which I correctly refuse to get rid of. Once every few years I might actually dig out an old Nintendo power or game manual for some old replay.

Most definitely not the most well read.
I am user of posts 807, 820.

Roughly 20% are reference books I would say. So you can disregard them. Of the remaining books I suppose I have read just under about half of them.

I am turning 33 this year.

Used to be a columnist for a regional newspaper.

hipsters and hyperconsumerists insulating arbitrary markets with identification
brainwashed pigs deriving self worth from market mythology
books are free and easier to read on the computer

>that Lacan
Very nice

>Lacan
>GRRM
Get rid of those, and it will be alright.

tori?

Kampintorin antikvariaatti on iha jees

I am 28 And no i haven't read them all lol. A lot of the old paperbacks were given to me as a teenager from my grandparents. They got me on reading at a young age because when they took care of me it was either watch golf with them or read. Wish they were still around because now i love golf.

pitäs varmaan käydä noita tampereen liikkeitä joskus läpi, tähän asti vaan dumpannu vanhat pois lukulaariin

Looks great desu

I think it’s time I get a bookshelf.

juoksukaljat, user

nice collection

Pretty fucking kino.

Basically looks like the shelf of the average user who fell for the /lit memes minus the ones I've 'lent out' (fucking exes)