ITT: American writers who eternally BTFO any and all works from any and all other God forsaken countries

ITT: American writers who eternally BTFO any and all works from any and all other God forsaken countries.

I'll start with pic related.

l ron hubbard

My negro

>real name was Herman Melvill

What a fucking fraud

Hunter S. Thompson, Melville, Hemingway, John Williams and McCarthy were the only American writers I read last year and one thing you yanks do is achieve a nice tone of melancholy. Lovely melancholy.

Shut up faggot

Europe has been doing philosophy for 2500 years. Why havent they been able to produce a philosopher that rivals this man?

Why has nobody heard of him

love this guy
god bless america

Oh god no stop it plz

America produces a lot of good things. Philosophers aren't one of them

hello pseuds

What the fuck? I'm burning my Moby Dick now

Literally unsurprised Americans have shit taste in their own literature

Join the discussion then. Which American eternally BTFO every writer from your country?

me

just wait

Hart Crane
Wallace Stevens
Zukofsky
Ashbery
Charles Olson
And I could go on, but I guarantee you’ve never read them, but, on the off chance you have, then you couldn’t articulate anything interesting about their work

Kys, pleb

He was half Dutch so that makes him much.

Whats up with all the Melville fags lately? Like literally any of his other novels will make you want to commit suicide and not for any deep aesthetic reasons lol

>babbys first American smartman
Dont be so easily impressed the nigger was A DRAFT DODGER

They're designed to filter the weak

Thanks.

Virtually every well-read American is familiar with those names. Don't act like they're obscure. All your little list here suggests to me is that you're familiar with Harold Bloom and don't have any opinions of your own.

dude we got 1 great author out of a giant wealthy nation LEL YUROOP BTFO XDXD

>thinking anyone outside this board gives a shit what bloom thinks
Not everyone has shit taste like you and requires some boring academic to spoon-feed them

Oh okay let’s have a conversation about Zukofsky’s and Olson’s modernist peotics

We are suicidally depressed beneath the gild, senpai.
Why do you think half those authors shot themselves.

Wow that’s a big e peen

Pierre and The Confidence-Man are both masterpieces

4/10 try again sweetie

Why do you guys need to compete over who has better art? Can't be just be glad and celebrate good art whenever/wherever it comes to us?

I really don't understand lit's obsession with ranking and categorizing things

>doesnt believe in aesthetic elitism
please let this be bait.

>I really don't understand lit's obsession with ranking and categorizing things

You need to raise your autism awareness my man.

Is there a term for art commies other than fag?

Rodney King over here