ITT: your Veeky Forums unpopular opinions, everything goes, others can shit on yours, I will start

ITT: your Veeky Forums unpopular opinions, everything goes, others can shit on yours, I will start
>pic related is overrated

Other urls found in this thread:

subtropics.english.ufl.edu/index.php/2017/06/12/notes-ascendancy-identity-politics-literary-writing/
youtube.com/watch?v=RezuYwS0ngI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't start with the Greeks. Start with prehistoric art and then the sumerians.

Divine Comedy is garbage

anything written before 1965 is outdated

No book has ever been good

The novel is obsolete. the book has been displaced by hypermedia, and is no longer a medium for consuming information but a social object to be instagrammed and wanked over by nostalgics.

literary awards are simulacra put on on by a publishing industry desperate to convince itself of its own relevance

Those critically acclaimed novels are mere paper by products of neoliberal human cattle management
subtropics.english.ufl.edu/index.php/2017/06/12/notes-ascendancy-identity-politics-literary-writing/

Those YA novels are not for kids,in fact they are read almost exclusively by neurotic adults.

Academia is an useless paper pushing industry designed to neutralise potential threats to the system through pointless busywork.

agree

Most fiction post-1950 is garbage.
Modernism was a mistake. Faulkner, Hemingway and Woolf were all mistakes.
Poetry hasn't been good in over 100 years, with the exception of maybe Eliot and Neruda.
Short stories is a superior form of storytelling than the novel.

Derrida was right

>Short Stories is a superior form of storytelling than the novel.

So fucking right.

Hesse is Coehlo with a Nobel.

modern novels
>fill
>fill
>fill
>some obscure reference that will be relevant in future events
>fill
>fill
>fill

Short stories
>plot relevant events one after another mixed with nice pacing

Coehlo's writings are remarkable, if only as prime examples of effective Crowleyite ritual magick.

youtube.com/watch?v=RezuYwS0ngI

>Coelho
>remarkable

He memed millions of people into becoming satanists without knowing, the banality is part of what made him so effective

>He memed millions of people into becoming satanists without knowing
I mean, those were sheeps who wanted to pretend they were intellectuals just because they read a book for the firt time ever, if any respectable author tried that pretty sure he/she could have gotten away with it, but then again, any respectable author wouldnt try to herd sheeps because they already know they have a superior intellect

I hope to god you speak Italian

Yes by definition you moron
Real cutting commentary

Romanticism is shit, novels wise.

Patriotism is a shitty ideology

>Most fiction post-1950 is garbage.
WOW that REALLY is a VERY unpopular opinion XDDDDDDDDDDD