Did new chart user died?

Did new chart user died?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScjN5qpSFRUuOwvfTf6jYlmIuiGF2FPXqiKcIR-l-wwSKedAg/viewform?usp=sf_link
discord.gg/XZ4wrZR
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mods deleted tiebreaker thread and I decided to give up. I’ll put the link here and see if it doesn’t get removed.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScjN5qpSFRUuOwvfTf6jYlmIuiGF2FPXqiKcIR-l-wwSKedAg/viewform?usp=sf_link

I’ll put in the votes that are confirmed too.

I forgot the tripcode I was using should be unbanned by now. Fucking jannies.

You're at the final push now, don’t give up just yet. It looks good, but can I ask that the Odyssey have a different cover than the meme translation?

>IJ at 1
>Stoner at 7
You stupid fucks

I like it, and it’s the one I’ve got(Christmas present). Feel free to post any preferred covers though. That applies to anyone.

Infinite Jest is the greatest book ever written. Fuck off newfriend

It’s currently Moby Dick>Ulysses>IJ>Gravity’s Rainbow>The Bible>Lolita>Stoner

Why is lolita always so high, yet when I post about it everyone tells me to fuckoff to cnnychan?

Awful poll of books, also there shouldnt be the same titles of always, top 20 of last year shouldn't be able to participate

The discordfags raided it

because people with decent taste shouldn't be wasting their time with brainlets.

The same books are list for multiple vote tallies. Why is that?

He realized how inferior it was to the discord list.

I left it open for Veeky Forums to fix and they fucked it up. I’m fixing it now, if you vote for the one with more votes(or both) it will count. I’ll post here when I’m done so you can check if you want.

I got together all the covers for 5+ votes, and fixed the dupes in the process.

Check for errors etc.
The red text says SAMPLE, and I'm too lazy to open GIMP and do transparency.

Something’s up with my tripcode. That’s me.

keep going user. don't be bullied by the mods.

fuck the mods. they can go back to discord.

Ooh it’s taking shape. There's an error on #24
>Platonic Dialouges

the bible has a weird gap between Rainbow and Lolita

keeping its distance

Swap Culture of Critique out, because it is non-fiction, and put in Frankenstein.

that's the fake 1

This shit is always dumb. Might as well make it a top 20 list because trying listing anything else is redundant and awkward due to lack of votes.

might as well kys...

I'm really embarrassed that Culture of Critique was included especially at so high a rating as 45th. Mein Kampf almost made it on the 2016 list but just barely didn't have enough votes

>Using the Emily Wilson cover of Homer's Odyssey

There is no 'fake' one, dumbass.

Compare:

Sing in me, Muse, and through me tell the story
of that man skilled in all ways of contending,
the wanderer, harried for years on end,
after he plundered the stronghold
on the proud height of Troy.
He saw the townlands
and learned the minds of many distant men,
and weathered many bitter nights and days
in his deep heart at sea, while he fought only
to save his life, to bring his shipmates home.
But not by will nor valor could he save them,
for their own recklessness destroyed them all —
children and fools, they killed and feasted on
the cattle of Lord Hęlios, the Sun,
and he who moves all day through the heaven
took from their eyes the dawn of their return. . . .
-Fitzgerald

Tell me about a complicated man.
Muse, tell me how he wandered and was lost
when he had wrecked the holy town of Troy,
and where he went, and who he met, the pain
he suffered in the storms at sea, and how
he worked to save his life and bring his men
back home. He failed to keep them safe; poor fools;
they ate the Sun God's cattle, and the god
kept them from home. Now goddess, child of Zeus,
Tell the old story for our modern times.
Find the beginning
-Wilson

I know her cover is nicer, but do you see the difference in quality?

>culture of critique
so OP was /pol/ all along, guess there won't be a 2017 chart after all

They're both horrible desu

Fixed

The image I used was wider than the other books. Should I crop it or use pic related?

The Bible's there tho, so it's not a fiction list.
I tried to put it in the bottom option in the poll, but people got butthurt. There's a good chance I'll make an editorial decision to remove tho.
see above

Nice vote counts.

I already offered to change any covers if there's one someone prefers.

I like the attempt at actually translating into poetry(I think she used iambic pentameter, with the justification that it's the rhythm of English, as dactylic hexameter was for Ancient Greek), and the lines matching up is nice too. It feels like more of a retelling of the narrative than translation of the text. If someone posts that cover in a usable format I'll put it in tho.

Well of course you've read it in Attic Greek, haven’t you?

yes
>Sing in me, Muse, and through me tell the story
Is this stilted shit what passes for a good translation in angloland?

>I tried to put it in the bottom option in the poll, but people got butthurt
Not unless you mean the guy who posted it in any random thread every day for several months and tried to force it next to other book covers. Mods are right to delete those pictures as spam, and "trying to force it next to other books" looks suspiciously like what you're doing now.

There was initially an option in the 4 votes section of the tiebreaker poll which read ”Culture of Critique(got 8 votes but doesn’t deserve a guaranteed place)” and there were several different anons criticising that in the last thread, and someone took time to move it to the 8 votes slot when I opened up the vote counts to being checked. I didn’t want it there, but I care more about being done with this poll than arguing over Culture Of Critique. This board is so fucking pretentious and entitled(you included).

Forgot to tripcode

Yes there is, idiot.....

You do youmst. Get rid of CoC if you want. No one will cry about it but those deserving of tears.

>Milk and Honey Turtles all the Way Down Culture of Critique Ulysses Infinite Jest
>Culture Of Critique Infinite Jest Pale King Notes From Underground Animal Farm Bugs.. Easy On The Carrots
>100 Jokes for Minecrafters My Imortal Culture of Critique Rick and Morty We don't need a list every year Infinite Jest
>My Twisted World Milk and Honey Culture of Critique Cat Person The Recognitions To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty
>fanged noumena ulysses infinite jest gravity's rainbow culture of critique marxism
>No Longer Human Stoner Culture of Critique Hitler's Revolution Mein Kampf OP
>Mein Kampf Culture of Critique Ride the Tiger The Kantos On Jazz Das Kapital
>culture of critique fanged noumena ulysses gravity's rainbow infinite jest marx
>Moby dick Jkob von gunten Atp Fanged noumena Critique of culture Drumpf
not half of these look like real votes and 3 aren't even trying to hide they're the same person, OP seems more dedicated to it than the CoC spamposter desu

You possibly be suggesting–
could you? Oh dear.

Like there are "several different anons" samefagging in /pol/ threads whose posts just happen to be deleted at the same time when one gets banned

Lighten up, it doesn't sound like OP wants it in there for personal reasons.
But yeah, CoC is legit a meme. It's like Zettle's Traum shilled by /pol/ or /pol/-false flaggers to trigger people when they see it up among The Trilogy books.its and easy judgement call to make, but it's yours to make OP.

Sounds like you're crying. As OP said, the Bible's there and so its not a fiction list. If you don't like a book that's up to you, but this is not a safespace.

No one here has read that shit dude lol.

it's time for you to head on over to reddit, little buddy

I'm staying put, dude.

daily reminder OP is a discordfag trying to replace his fake 2017 chart with a an even faker 2017 chart with fake votes and ballot stuffing

report and sage

You had every chance to point this out in the week this has been going on. Just because I’m actually going to finish this off, and your favourite meme list won’t be the canonical one for this year doesn’t mean you have to be a little bitch about it.

Fuck off. Not everything is a fucking psyop. I know for a fact that I don’t have the energy to run the sort of racket you seem to be imagining.

At this point I’ll probably also put out a pink/white safe space version without Culture of Critique. As it is, it’s hit more responses than Against Nature on the current poll, which requires Google’s authentication, so I’ll say it deserves its place just for the outsize impact it’s had on the board.

join the discord to coordinate votes guys

discord.gg/XZ4wrZR

Just because the silent majority of lit ignores old bait doesnt mean the remaining pol posters represent the board, OP.
I don't normally bother but since you want others to tell you this, yes, you can just ignore them.

OP confirmed for faggot
go back to r/books

op is and always has been a /pol/ faggot trying to force his own memes
chart threads are always cancer

was me, forgot to tripcode(how do those fags remember?)

That’s why I made the results spreadsheet open, of course.

Personally, I was tolerating the old bait. If there were enough votes, I was letting it through. I was happy Milk and Honey didn’t make it.

I’m sorry for listening to the board. If you can’t handle a conspiracy theory being associated with your online identity, leave.

Jesus Christ. It’s 1/100 if the chart, but it probably had more than 1/100 of the posts last year. If people weren’t voting for it, it wouldn’t be in there.

or you could fix the mistakes instead of doubling down on them
I think someone already pointed out that half of the "Pan" votes were for Pantagruel

daily reminder the "open" spreadsheet was edited by OP at will so he could force memes he liked and ignore what people actually vote for
daily reminder OP faked votes and deleted votes

For fuck's sake, please don't tell me you've given up this far into the endeavor. You can do it, guy.

>it probably had more than 1/100 of the posts last year
Discord also reposted its fake chart a lot. That doesn't make it any more related to Veeky Forums than McDonald.

I left the spreadsheet open for a solid 15 hours for everything to get fixed. At this point, I’m beyond caring about your petty nagging. I’ll fix Pan in the final if you manage to avoid being such a snide cunt.

That’s why it was split into “responses”(all human responses, including samefagging), “with spam”(with the 1k of scripted submissions left in), and “unique”(responses less samefagging). I’m literally untouchable.

I’d still going, right now I’m just arguing as something to do while watching Buffy.

I mean, CoC is a book, and it belongs on a book chart. I can’t put a book *chart* on another chart.

>CoC is a book, and it belongs on a book chart
you are wrong, it has nothing to do with Veeky Forums or any Veeky Forums posters, its some pol bait and it ruins the entire chart, if it stays in the chart then the discord chart will remain king

The Bible says the Jews literally voted to kill god. Does it not deserve a place?

fuck off back to pol

>Brother's Karamazov is 11th place instead of at least the top 3
>it's below Lolita
Christ almighty

“Though in many natural objects, whiteness refiningly enhances beauty, as if imparting some special virtue of its own, as in marbles, japonicas, and pearls; and though various nations have in some way recognised a certain royal pre-eminence in this hue; even the barbaric, grand old kings of Pegu placing the title "Lord of the White Elephants" above all their other magniloquent ascriptions of dominion; and the modern kings of Siam unfurling the same snow-white quadruped in the royal standard; and the Hanoverian flag bearing the one figure of a snow-white charger; and the great Austrian Empire, Caesarian, heir to overlording Rome, having for the imperial color the same imperial hue; and though this pre-eminence in it applies to the human race itself, giving the white man ideal mastership over every dusky tribe; and though, besides all this, whiteness has been even made significant of gladness, for among the Romans a white stone marked a joyful day; and though in other mortal sympathies and symbolizings, this same hue is made the emblem of many touching, noble things - the innocence of brides, the benignity of age; though among the Red Men of America the giving of the white belt of wampum was the deepest pledge of honor; though in many climes, whiteness typifies the majesty of Justice in the ermine of the Judge, and contributes to the daily state of kings and queens drawn by milk-white steeds; though even in the higher mysteries of the most august religions it has been made the symbol of the divine spotlessness and power; by the Persian fire worshippers, the white forked flame being held the holiest on the altar; and in the Greek mythologies, Great Jove himself made incarnate in a snow-white bull; and though to the noble Iroquois, the midwinter sacrifice of the sacred White Dog was by far the holiest festival of their theology, that spotless, faithful creature being held the purest envoy they could send to the Great Spirit with the annual tidings of their own fidelity; and though directly from the Latin word for white, all Christian priests derive the name of one part of their sacred vesture, the alb or tunic, worn beneath the cassock; and though among the holy pomps of the Romish faith, white is specially employed in the celebration of the Passion of our Lord; though in the Vision of St. John, white robes are given to the redeemed, and the four- and-twenty elders stand clothed in white before the great white throne, and the Holy One that sitteth there white like wool; yet for all these accumulated associations, with whatever is sweet, and honorable, and sublime, there yet lurks an elusive something in the innermost idea of this hue, which strikes more of panic to the soul than that redness which affrights in blood.”

Does Moby Dick need to fuck off to /pol/?

no it is (you) that has to go back to pol.

What a embarrassing post

(you), or (((you)))?

Literally nothing wrong with that.

You have to go back

I ran a strawpoll in and it’s pretty clear Culture of Critique isn’t wanted. I’ll get rid of it.

See how democracy works?

>
>caring about (((their))) votes
so much for a legitimate poll. you're just another cuck
democracy my ass. we voted for it and before gonna remove it after some shitty strawpoll

I know it doesn’t deserve to be on the list, and I think you do too. I left the poll open expecting something like this would happen, but not that both side would be so inexorably insufferable. This is supposed to represent the board at large, not this year’s crop of newfriends. I’ll probably do the chart with/without at his point, but you all need to learn to shut the fuck up and let things happen.

we already have a chart we don't need your "I'm here to save the board" faggotry you attention seeking bitch

Nice vote counts

go back to r/books snowflake newfag
>m-muh poll
>m-muh imgur charts
>STOP CRITICISING ME WHY DON'T YOU ALL LOVE ME
literally kys

Hey, I’ve seen you before.

newfag.

idk what you're >implying
with your samefagging
but you are indeed starting to sound unhinged

But samefagging implies I try to hide it. I’ve either tripcoded or pointed out that it’s me.

>THE ABSOLUTE STATE of the surveyfag
power complex is a bitch, eh percy?

>take off tripcode
>pretend to post as a different user
>pit tripxcode back on and reply to (You)
aka what you've been doing this entire thread
wow that was hard

you're all samefag aren't you

WHAT IS EVEN REAL ANYMORE AHHHHHHH

You can tell they’re new because they like usernames. This is the first person I’ve seen type out “surveyfag”.

That’s baseless slander!

I’m honestly uncertain. Can someone on desktop watch the poster count?

you need to stop caring about bait

>going on his phone to samefag
the absolute mad lad. unstoppable.

As I said before, I’m doing this while watching Buffy. I hope Joyce gets her brain tumour out.

>he forgot to put hisntrip back on after replying to his samefagged message
top kek

>implying I haven’t been phoneposting this whole time
The only desktop posts are the one with the chart and the initial link.

I already have enough (you)s without samefagging. My app doesn’t remember tripcodes very well.

Whatever you say Discord anons. Whatever you say.

Dont give up man.
Not only is your poll legitamate you are also the least toxic of all these wanna be pollfags.
Keep us updated and don't worry too much about getting The BEST bookcover.

So he’s removing a book that made it to the top 50 just because he doesn’t like contents of said book? What kind of bull shit is this?

FUCK

YOU

DISCORD

FUCK

YOU

DISCORD

stfu discordnigger

nice falseflag discord faggot

youre not fooling anyone discord soymale

cuck da doodle cuck

I hear the whines of a discord cuck

the chad fake chart vs the virgin reddit democratic chart