How is understanding even possible

>read a simple article on philosophy on sep
>since I'm trying to get maximal comprehension I read extremely carefully and think of the definition of every word
>stuck on one of the first words
>there is a really simple description of it that is common sense but when you try to understand it deeper you're simply stuck forever
>pretty much everything is like that
>while you're reading about some theory told by the writer with confidence about being reliable, a simple research tells you that there is a big controversion and you're stuck once again
How is anyone supposed to know anything AT ALL when nothing can be confirmed. Pretty much all people simple talk on faith while having hard time defining even the most simple words.

consider reading something other than philosophy? like a good history book? while doing this read for long periods of time and try not to overanalyze what you're reading or listening to. it may help you to organize your thoughts. good luck

You're not learning, you're remembering.

Nigger it was an accident dont sweat it so much. Read Nietzsche if you're really this wigged out at the prospect of shit being hella contingent.

Based tier response

Nah I can't read books anymore, I just get tired of trying to properly understand something, especial older text where words have even different meaning. I understand that I can just go by common sense, but I cant look at things like that anymore.
>analyzing
>but you're just remembering
Did you even read my post?

>read nietzsche
Nah I will be stuck for a long time with the presocrats before going further and even less to nietzsche

Is english not your first language?

>fell for the meme

I'm just tired and the mistakes are not that big, its still coherent enough. Going to bed in a few minutes but you're simply retarded for making this useless post.

>meme
Its the best possible thing you can do for yourself. But of course its easier to make long essays about things you haven't read and use words you don't even understand.

Nigger what dont get all defensive because you got your humanities education from a mongolian shrimpboating board there's nothing wrong with taking the historical route i just want you to know its fucking retarded, you're retarded, and you will never understand anything you read if you continue this systematic line of retardnation

user-kun please make me smart
I'm a brainlet too

>fuck strukturez and shiet yo, it doesn't matta where you start from and where you end

>putting words in my mouth
I just prefer to not get my structures from a literal meme

The NEETch meme. Been debunked:

LOL will save

>still no alternative
you're just pretending right?

>Try to read philosophy
>Try Nietzsche's "Thus Spoke Zarathustra"
>A lot of big words I have to constantly try to look up
>Symbolism & metaphors that makes no sense to me
>Feel like a lot of the messages are flowered up to make it seem deeper than it really is
I said fuck it and watched some videos, easier for my brain to understand.

Why would you start with Zarathustra lol

This is why you read what you are interested in and follow the path rather than try to find yourself at its end. Look up the words, but if you don't understand the argument fully don't worry about it.
You may figure something out during a walk, or years later while thinking through other arguments. Don't try to over-rationalise.

>completely misreading my post
It is the opposite, I'm trying my best to understand every single word but most of the time am simply at dead for lack of available information.

meant at a dead end

Where should I start then?

It's the only thing of his worth reading, apart from maybe Will To Power (or if you're working on a critique of his thinking). You're on the right track. Don't listen to the lineartards, that only matters with trilogies.

BGE, Genealogy of Morals

nigger what.

oh god please leave and never come back

this or GAY science but honestly you may just wanna take a break from books in awhile you seem very apathetic and i promise there is no worthwhile book thats going to make that better

Read Kant

the greeks

that would be like prescribing a greek orgy to an asexual person. this faggot woukdnt break the preface

>I understand that I can just go by common sense, but I cant look at things like that anymore.

WRONG

You cant/wont understand (mechanical) quantum physics without first learning how to add and subtract.
I had the same problem, and since the American education system stems from the Greeks, I read some egyptian literature, then the Greeks (Socrates, then Plato).

If youre a lazy nigger get the audio from youtube.

fuck Kant and his feelsy bitch self.