Contemporary German Veeky Forums

What would you say is the best German-language work of the 21st century? Pic semi related

>christian kracht
>kraut

i think krauts are muslim nowdays buddy

Contemporary German literature is practically eastern European-tier now. Substitute Communism and Orthodoxy with guilt over WW2. You're better off reading something else.

German literature is better to be used as a washcloth than to be read

Contemporary authors of the German language always feel meme-y. The most recent authors I genuinely enjoyed are Friedrich Dürrenmatt, Jurek Becker and Gottfried Benn.

Anybody know of contemp. authors that read like they draw on Doeblin and Schmidt? I'd be happy with interesting German contemp. authors in general desu though. Every time I pick up a new-ish prize-winning novel it reads like fucking shlock and I end up reading some "classic" again (which ends up making my shitty prose even worse by making it sound horribly archaic).

>eastern European-tier
eastern europe has always had superior lit compared to the krauts

Maybe Austerlitz? I like Sebald a lot but I think this guy is right.
Wouldn't surprise me if a Muslim immigrant in Germany produced a brilliant work of fiction. The cuckoo clock rule applies. A Syrian migrant with a solid German education will complete the system of German idealism, which is more than we ever got from those lousy, free loading Swiss, who just want to ski and eat chocolate and let other people fight their wars for them.

Von Steinaecker. Read Schutzgebiet, it's about the remnants of a German colony in Africa.

I agree about Döblin though. I can't get enough of Wallenstein, it's the best Veeky Forums in German period

10 bucks says you're just a /pol/tard Burger fetishizing muh monoethnic Slavic countries and haven't read a single work of Eastern European Veeky Forums

Wasn't Austerlitz written in English?>German language
>Not German nationality

Learn to read you drooling idiot

So what's this book about?

> Austerlitz was written in English

you should stop calling others idiots

> A Syrian migrant with a solid German education will complete the system of German idealism
How?

>picked up a hard cover book for 18 euro
>guy said a lot of the young millennial crowd was reading it

At least I got some Goethe and some Nazi-guilt trip book to go with it.

eastern europe is/was hardly monoethnic and everybody here has atleast read some of the russian greats

The German Empire had some colonies in the Pacific, which it turned over to the Brits and Aussies after WWI (Papua New Guinea). The book is about an eccentric esoteric outcast who is ridiculed in the reactionary society of Prussian-dominated Germany and leaves for the colonies to found a sun cult and plans to subsist on a coconut only diet.

I'm german but I've never even read one single contemporary book in my life, I'm too busy catching up with all the stuff of the last 300 years.
Also honestly no-one I know here even talks about contemporary german literature.
Surely there still are a lot of talented authors here but I don't really care about them.
The youngest author I read and liked is Heinrich Böll, his books are great for anyone who likes to read intense war stories and depressing tales from post-war germany.

Read some Thomas Bernhard already you tard

Read Junger.

Seems to be an interesting author but I've already got a lot to read for now.
Did you read him?

I've already read and liked The Adventurous Heart by Jünger, maybe I'll pick up some more from him in the future.

I’ve read all his novels but Frost and Extinction. He’s excellent, my favorite author. Start with Wittgenstein’s Nephew, one of his finest works.