Did he deserve the award?

Did he deserve the award?

Better him than some illiterate poc writing about being oppressed in a western nation

He deserves recognition, but imo not from the nobel literature committee

This, he wasn't the most deserving in history but he was FAR from the least deserving

Sure. The lit award has always been something of a joke.

The Nobel is a joke that has lost all credibility. Do you know who won the Nobel for peace this year? ICAN, a group dedicated to abolishing nuclear weapons. God bless 'em. They were able to get all the countries who don't have nukes to sign on. Adorbs.

You're right, that is stupid

>dude nukes are bad
>holyshit, here's a nobel prize

Meh, the Nobel lit commitee wanted to seem like they weren't out of touch when in truth they really are

I prefer the theory they're all just flower child boomers and it was sucking their own cocks

those two are same thing, are they not?

They don't contradict but keeping in touch implies they care about younger generations when they may not have

Maybe the younger ones, most of them are semi-famous authors with a lang/lit degree

Doesn't mean they aren't hippy dippy boomers dreaming about the old days

>taking the literature award that blatantly passed over Joyce, Tolstoy, Twain, Ibsen, Proust, Auden, and Borges seriously

At least they are trying to improve the situation though, probably was a nudge of encouragement. Like with Obama.

>trusting committees
communist. autocracy only.

It's not the same people that choose all the laureates
Bunch of norwegians gave it to Obama. Swedish /lit people gave it to Dylan

The Nobel committee consists of retards, and no one competent wants to step up because they'll be associated with idiots

They also gave it to Kissinger, a man with more blood on his hands than most

Yes. He is in a bunch of credible poem anthologies like Nortons.

You mean the situation that prevents great powers from fighting serious wars?

If he didn't, who would have?
Personally, I would put forward someone like John Dolan - a raw, talented culture critic who is willing to rip apart both left-stupids and right-stupids. But I'm not sure if he's written anything lately.
The Last Psychiatrist would also be an interesting choice.
Basically, only a person who somewhat disdained the prize and the whole literature industry would deserve to receive it. I guess Dylan qualifies in that regard.

I didn't know Ben Stiller wrote books

Yeah but like nukes are bad dude
*puffs joint*

No, but at this point what difference does it make?

I don't know, but from having read other recent laureates (Modiano, Ishiguro), I have very little respect for either the world of modern literature or the jury, and I can't decide which it is.

The two are largely indistinguishable

I found Ishiguro to be the better writer, but not by much and certainly not as good as most of the other laureates, some of which were absolute greats

I can guarantee nobody on Veeky Forums holds the awards in a high enough regard as to deciding what is good or not.

I mean, Churchill won it. Come on.

Haven't even heard of most of the people that won it nigga

The Second World War is literally Thucydides-tier. I would read it if you haven't.

Nice, I knew it existed but it's good you're reminding me. Might read it at some point

>Obama
>Aung San Suu Kyi
>Shimon Peres
>Henry Kissinger

Really fires up the neurons!

Kissinger singlehandedly prevented the deaths of billions. Suck a dick, faglord

>prevented the deaths of billions

Even though this is obvious bait, it's disquieting to imagine that sections of the American populace literally think this. The absolute state of the US...