What comes after post-modernism?

What comes after post-modernism?

whatever you desire

large posteriors and confused ducklings.

post-post-modernism

The day of judgement.

Mandarin

Pre-Modern-> Clear narrative traditions based on a cultures respective religious and national backgrounds
Modernism-> The attempt to create a Metropolitan world narrative that transcends any given particularity of a culture
Post-Modern-> The breakdown of the modernist project. Giving up of having an overarching conception of reality towards a merely negative state of ambiguity and incoherency

Now we come to what we are seeing today
The ghettoization of human culture. Groups reforming their own individual narratives completely disinterested in compromise or dialogue with outgroups. Its essentially like a strange walk backwards from Modernism back to Pre-Modernism

Post Retro Decadent

Pre-post-post modern surreal sincerity

new sincerity

Certainly not what hack faggot Wallace tried to do.

He knew this, but he was hoping he would be wrong

Cornball Reconstruction

postliteracy

The realization that the socio-artistic narrative is more an ideological vehicle for competing power structures and less a linear evolution of thought based in history. The shift of patronage (very roughly the church then monarchs then republics then capitalists) reveals a pattern of funding artistic coups dethroning the old gods, giving the new ones a chance in the seat.

Don Quixote is more "post-modern" than Infinite Jest.

wtf i hate don quixote now

psuedo-modernism
post-postmodernism
transmodernism
metamodernism
post-millenialism
millienialsm
new sincerity
post-irony

Who the fuck knows, I guess its whatever we all decide on. Thought what are even the characteristic of this post-postmodern era? I feel like we are still in a postmodern era.

lol

Sehnsucht

Nothing. We have reached the end of history

It's a dead-end, since it is based on fallacious presuppositions of reality.

post-modernism is the peak of reason there is no way to go beyond it

>though has come so far that we no longer think about what is but what will be
>humans have (tried) deconstructing everything there "is" and now we're just waiting for more shit to pop into existence so we can also deconstruct that
maeks u tink

Not really

psuedo-modernism is the best term to describe The biggest new problem with the internet age is that the flow of information has overlapped our ability as a society to deal with it.
It used to be we thought that science and expert opinion controlled which points of view were legitimate
But now you can find someone from literally any political and cultural background and they will be able to argue their case in a fairly convincing and "fact" based way. Just because they have a whole community of people developing the same ideas 24/7
Instead of information controlling our points of view, we choose which point of view to subscribe to and try to control information from there and its hard to argue with it
Do I want to be a Nazi? I can just start posting on /pol/ and stormfront and all the arguments and facts I'll need will be there
Do I want to be a radical liberal? Just head on over to SJW twitter

What seperates post-modernism from the current situation is essentially a hermeneutic overload and its something which is very specific to the internet as a cultural force

Holy shit, everybody in this thread is an underaged teen pseud with le epic ideas about philosophy. When did so many unread children come here? Is it just the nature of shitty threads that aren't about books like this?

The present days.

Post-modernism is just a reaction to modernism, it can't go on forever. A reaction is something that comes 'right after' the thing, by definition. And it's not like there's that much to react to anyways.

Jordan Peterson + reddit

Double Secret Probation Modernism

oh shit we got a heavyweight in here

looking forward to your post by post tear down

metamodernism

>reddit spacing

What is there to tear down, retard? No poster here has even defined post-modernism in a coherent way, that doesn't reek of just having heard other people define it and thinking that makes you knowledgeable yourself.

Sadly. We need Veeky Forums-specific captchas.

lit kune do

full transhumanism, brains augmented by AI and comprehending shit you can't even conceive in your darkest mid-fap fantasies or amphetamine-fueled postgrad cramming sessions

fucking btfo

Nice argument

>pic
I'm surprised there weren't any skills associated with increasing social link ranks in P3

Postmodernism is a catch-all name. Don't blame people for having a flimsy understanding of it, it's because it's a flimsy category to begin with.

In fairness, isn't defining postmodernism a difficult task? What, exactly, is postmodernism? I've seen multiple definitions.

Literally what is wrong with defining Post-modernism as the loss of the modernist dream of a cosmopolitan narrative of reality

Modernism -> Plato
Postmodernism -> Sophists

Nothing.

More like Postmodernism-> Diogenes

If you try to kiss chihiro too early she gets upset and the s link regresses

diogenes did nothing wrong

Post modernism

>the "loss of the modernist dream"
>a "cosmopolitan narrative of reality"
Jesus Christ
You haven't read any philosopher regarded as pomo or post-structuralist (foucalt derrida et al), nor have you read any lit about post-modernism. You heard other people talk about it- maybe on Veeky Forums, maybe on reddit or youtube- and you think that's a sufficient substitution to actual knowledge. Go away, child.

I'm pretty sure the entire point is that it isn't a movement, it's a rejection of adopting the contemporary intellectual style(in theory, at least)

>being poor

>You haven't read any philosopher regarded as pomo or post-structuralist (foucalt derrida et al), nor have you read any lit about post-modernism. You heard other people talk about it- maybe on Veeky Forums, maybe on reddit or youtube- and you think that's a sufficient substitution to actual knowledge. Go away, child.
Not him but this is literally me but with everything

Actually I have a degree in philosophy from one of the best departments in Europe.
Feel free to provide a counter-definition though, you're not just a pseud talking out of your ass right?

Poor is an attitude moron. Are you even a neocon?

>poor
>owned a barrel and a sweet ass lantern

are you not?

Kissinger was a Realist not a Neo-Con

>Annus Domini 2017
>Still conflating literary postmodernism with philosophical postmodernism

haha anus

Pleasure domes equipped with dopamine release drips overseen by our technocratic overlords who comprise the only free class apart from THEM

Why would (((they))) permit poor people to live in such a situation?

No, you don't. You're not even an adult. This is getting pretty autistic.

No one is really a Neo-Con. It's a political cloak.

Thanks for answering my question

everything else

No in a position like Kissinger's but there's got to be some useful idiots out there

Why did dumb niggers have to use the terms "modernist"? It's not gonna be fucking modern anymore. No one else had the arrogance to do that until the 20th century

>muh rules
>muh rebellion against rules
>muh directionless artistic freedom

>if i put "muh" in front of things i don't like it makes them wrong!!!

>muh deconstructing memes

Poster-Modernsim
Where people critique shit using old rehashed ideas or blatantly regurgitating shit they were taught, because they think it makes them a special snowflake and post it places where they know people will agree with them

It'll be called modernism redux

But it's really just more post-modernism

>read the history of sexuality once

so universities?

Posteriormodernism

Then postremomodernism

Black master class, white slaves.
White impoverished mothers will cry on the news about their children being shot by black officers and the pledge of allegiance will be replaced with a ceremonial kneel

New Insincerity, post-Ironic expression

this but unironically

Neo realism

In relation to philosophy, it's speculative realism according to a professor at my university.

Don't know what it is though.

Its really fucking depressing is what it is

speculative realism is dead (already!); bury it. consider this mercy.

It was a retarded idea to begin with. "Dude let's just pretend X conception of the world is real, whatever X specifically is though, lol philosophy solved"

Caspere knew this

meta-humanism

The realization that it's always felt like post-modernism. Then we'll get perspective on post-modernism and start calling it something else.

>Literary movements

Visceral Realism.

Probably something where we disregard logic and realize that the only "real" part of the human condition is emotions

Apply post-modernism to itself and return to old aesthetics with a modern twist. Like that picture of the WWI Austro-Hungarian cavalrymen.

Hyper-modernism.

Neomodernism

prepostpostmodernity

The only correct answer.

Suicide

Daveposting

What do I desire? I sometimes get what I wanted but it's really unfulfilling. Then I find something else and I get stuck in a constantly unfulfilling cycle of desire. You might say: "Then find what you need". Even if I do, desire would still be there and it would make sure to keep the emptyness alive.