This book is a heavy read

This book is a heavy read.
Did anyone manage to read this in just a sitting or two?
I get emotionally overwhelmed after 20 or so pages.
It all feels too real.

I just finished it last night. Read it in three sittings. His "what did you expect" line was too real.

is "emotionally overwhelmed" the same as "bored"? if so then yes that happened to me too

Can’t wait for it to fade back into obscurity.

What are you going to do after it does?

It's just a normie drama. I found it cheesy as hell. I mean, Tom Hanks has said it's his favorite book. That should tell you something

>fuuuuuuuuuuck stoner is such a dope ass bok bruh
>such deep feels
>truly the best part of the book is when stoner btfo's that cripple infront of his peeps
>then he bangs out his side chick in some hard core comfy
>book took me places
>yfw femeinist sypathize with Edith
>and claim that stoner raped her
>justifying her later afaire and
>calculated desturction of their daughters relationship with stoner
>didnt think I could hate a cunty book bitch so hard

Stoner always seemed one step off going pic related. Damn, that nigger ate shit until he died.

not convinced enough to read the book but just checked the wiki. Damn, you'd think someone who's a renowned, top level lit proff would be smart enough to figure out how to salvage a relationship in a few years. It's not that fucking hard, especially for someone with any significant reserve of mental energy.

This. Its definitely for more feminine people who like feeling bad about themselves over petty mundane life events.

>not convinced enough to read the book but just checked the wiki
Veeky Forums in a nutshell

>muh verisimilitude
Read Pirandello

But don't relationships involve two people?

You should take your own advice

>I haven't read the book, but here's my opinion on it

The affair ruined it for me. I wanted Stoner to suffer through to the end so I could relate. The fact that he lost her afterwards wasn't that big of a deal, he still had fond memories at least.

I read it in two days. It was just okay.

Sweet Jesus, please let this be bait.

I finished it in one long plane ride.
I definitely enjoyed the book, but I wouldn't describe it as overwhelming. The only time I felt particularly emotional was at the end.

Are you me?

I've read everything by him you turbopleb

It was easy to read, because the prose feels very fluid; like water from a spring. I actually think that it was the prose that glorified Stoner's life, as his story was really mostly that of an everyman.

Keep lying on a Somalian basket weaving board, pleb

i liked the book but it feels kind of miscellaneous to me, i found it through clifford and i'm not sure where it fits in with other things in the canon/i'd be interested in reading

Well yeah, that's why I can't say anything about the quality of the book. I'm just pointing out that the whole thing where he lets decades go by without addressing his wife hating him apparently seems like something that doesn't need to happen irl, hence you shouldn't let it depress you after reading.

Forgot to add, I'm an American so I'd be denying my true nature if I didn't do something like this