2017 top 100

This thread is your last chance to bitch about whatever. I'd love it if you could stick to checking for errors, but that's probably unreasonable.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/XZ4wrZR
knowyourmeme.com/photos/1193746-smug-anime-face
warosu.org/lit/thread/S9554473
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SAGE
KYS

I've only read 100 books and I've read every book on this list

sage

This is the discord list
Join discord to give feedback
discord.gg/XZ4wrZR

Looks good, user. You're the hero this board deserves.

Also
>The Bible
I wish this meme would die.

>Hero this board needs but not deserves*

>stoner over the iliad, odyssey, quixote, dostoyevsky, shakespeare, the list goes on
Meme of the year

Fake. Real chart attached.

J R only got six votes. Holy shit you guys are plebs. Kys selves

Looks good OP. There is some compression on the covers though. Don't know if you used too small images, or if that's just whatever compression you used to make the list image.

Also sad that I was the only one to vote for Frankenstein.

Damn this is fucking gay look at all the chink shit lmao. Who woulf believe this is real rofl.

Stoner is really popular on Veeky Forums, it doesn't surprise me. Definitely Veeky Forums-core that people aren't likely to have already read in High School or AP classes.

meant to quote OP with this post, not the fake list.

me > you

Sage goes in all fields silly.

But I’m not in there baka. How am I supposed to receive feedback?

This board deserves fucking nothing.

Nice vote counts sweetie.

I compressed to upload the draft. All the covers are at least 200*300. I haven’t read Frankenstein yet.

OP arbitrary deleted votes. If you look in the "Unique" tab of his responses, you'll see he just deleted al ot of votes (probably cause it had books he didn't like) and only counted votes with books he likes. This poll also allows multiple submissions so OP could pretend he was only deleting "repeat votes" instead of counting the poll by real anons.

This poll is illegitimate.

Seems accurate to the board.... drop 1984 that book will get ridiculed when posted, and move up a Greek
This is a better list but collected works is a meme and this board doesn't read Shakespeare for some fucking reason

he just deleted all the votes that were gay as shit, whose gonna cry about that? you gay or something? lmao.

Where's Culture of Critique? It got a lot of votes, enough for top 30 at least.

Yeah and thank fuck for that or CoC would be at the top

CoC posters (you) included are faggots, but the answer you want is

more like your /pol/ is illegitimate

Anyone read that book?

>This poll also allows multiple submissions
Yeah this was pretty dumb. Really easy to cheat if you’re not a moron who votes for the exact same books over and over.

so it's just another discord list, got it

he deleted a lot of non-CoC votes too. For example OP seems to really hate anything but >female authors and >minority authors

even if he ordered the top 21 authors so that the first letters of their first names spelled out "MARBLE CAKE ALSO THE GAME" this would be a more legitimate Veeky Forums/lit/ list than anything we've got all year.

hello OP. do you ever get tired of samefagging?

surveyfag is a self appointed tastemaker who wants to attention whore on Veeky Forums
the chart is just him egotripping
taking charts seriously means you're a redditor and need to go back

polling faggot is bluepilled and cant into the most important work of the last 50 years

No Rupi Kaur? I'm assuming it was because she didn't get enough votes and not because you didn't like it, like you did with CoC.

neither can Veeky Forums, apparently. you gotta really work if you want CoC to truly be accepted by the board. its gonna take longer than you'd like.

I like it, it’s actually very representative of what gets discussed here, even if I don’t like some of the choices

the entire impetus of this chart is to be a democratic representation of Veeky Forums but if polling faggot isbjust going to arbitrarily remove votes it's just another discord chart

are you talking to yourself? did you mean to quote me?

It all checks out, even if its a bit blurred. I imagine that's just cause it isn't final yet. also I don't expect this but it would be fun to have the top meme in a corner somewhere.

yeah, or the top three at the bottom cut off by a separator/division

CoC is accepted enough for it to be voted into the top 20 spots but it got removed

it's not Veeky Forums who doesn't accept CoC it's pollfaggot

no one on lit reads that book dude. it was a forced meme that got attention because people fell for the bait when someone placed it next to the sacred trilogy. It's just a scandal, it's a meme that no one reads—a lesser IJ, because at least people read and talk about that book.
can't you be happy it made the meme chart?

Speaking of the memes, I'm sad I didn't think of yes, YES (Nael) when I submitted my votes.

are you upset that Winnie the Pooh did not make it despite it being spammed hundreds of times?

this... this injustice will not go unanswered!

the chart allowed multiple votes this was exactly what I expected to happen
the whole thing is illegitimate. it's just a way foe the discord to make a new chart and replace their old chart

its legit, trust me

If that were true The Opposing Shore would have made it. Veeky Forumscord eats Gracq's cum.

Since autism runs really deep on this board, I added a sheet to demonstrate which votes I deleted on Unique. It's pretty obvious they're not legit.

In terms of CoC, there was a bigger reaction against it than for it. I ran a second straw poll which was fairly decisive too. pic related might help some of you feel better though.

Literally three votes.

Believe it or not, I identify more with privacy nerds than agenda posters.

I want to be able to put this with the other charts. I made the image at with the meme answers.

I removed dupes and cleaned up obvious spam. Its vote count and the books picked seem as expected after a week too.

Once again, not everything is a psyop

lol good job OP.

why do you respond to the shitposter who obviously does not care

make the background all swastikas

Only 3 votes? I'm disappointed in my fellow anons.

Nice fake list, OP.

Thanks op. For the final draft make sure you get that Toole typo.

I wish it would include Mount Analogue

Fake.
Fake

also
>53 posts
>17 IPs
dear lord how many of those are the samefagging shitposter? dude shouldn't you be spending your time reading instead?

Thanks for actual feedback.
Any chance of more of this?

This board gets only worse and worse over time.

>THE

please no longer contribute

>a self-proclaimed "nazi" called huysmans wrote coc
>not fake and gay at all
kys

huysmans wrote CoC in jew blood
>can't even read a simple wikipedia page

Why is Nick Land there but not Deleuze?

This thread is pure autism. Gonna keep using the old chart.

Alright. Where the FUCK is Proust? Are we seriously going to let some genreshit in before the greatest novel of the 20th century?

Good work OP, you can feel the zeitgeist of real Veeky Forums and it isn't fucking CoC

I got the name of the good Mr MacDonald wrong, I have updated the chart to reflect that.

No idea

Oh thanks, somehow I missed that. Carry along lads

nice list

Still a rigged list, with or without the CoC guy.

He's a low profile meme, not enough spam for it to be CoC tier spam.

Iliad and Aeneid are spelt wrong

A sincere thanks OP. This seemed really exhausting. The last chartmaker couldn't have gone as far as you (and in fact he didn't).

The discordfags are wavering. They were always pathetic, but that's not news.

Thanks.

I'm sure it's just one really autistic guy

>op samefagging again

reminder to new anons that op is the leading discord fag and runs the discord channel

what's his handle?
I don't think you know

he's either percy or winston or sheep
you can find him in the old discord screenshots

If I posted by actual handle would that help?
Or would you all keep going regardless?

>all this shitty asia books

>this entire thread is just three people samefagging

is this the power of discord autism?

fair enough. I still don't see the same motive here as from the last one though. This list is more of the same shit from the past few years, it isn't a jarring departure like the discord one was.

They'd keep going. They're just having fun, too. Don't sweat it.

>Jerusalem at all
>JR slipping down to the 50s below dozens of reddit books
>a bunch of shit books with 4 votes

meme chart confirmed

do you ever stop talking to yourself?

JR went up, it was #75 in the 2016 one.

Fucking weebs.

Veeky Forums is an anime website senpai

I know where you got that image from, user.
knowyourmeme.com/photos/1193746-smug-anime-face

you think you're real clever dont you?

it's all the same. every few months some faggot from the discord gets it in his head to do a poll and they shit up the board for a few weeks, rinse and repeat.

here's a hot tip: discord did the 2016 poll too.

They absolutely dont do it every few months. They've done it once for sure.

including this one the discord has done the past 3 charts. theyre all rigged by whatever they think is funny at the time. "board culture" has been dead for years.

there were also multiple aborted attempts at making a "real" 2017 chart after their first 2017 chart, usually cause they got called out so they deleted some of the OPs/mods deleted them

for example -
warosu.org/lit/thread/S9554473

there are plenty more fi you dig through the archive. charts have been completely delegitimatized since discord invaded Veeky Forums

Well, at least I know how to change the file name when I save an image from a compromising source.

I think you're right.

board culture died after the imgur invasion

Man, last chart and /pol/ through the_donald did really shit this board beyond recognition.
To think there was a time when the bad shitposting was Pynchon posting.

But this one is demonstrably not rigged.

whatever you say percy, whatever you say