Existential Crisis

How do you have an existential crisis?
What the hell even is this shit really?

Can somebody hand me one in one sentence?

You were born into existentialism so it isn't alarming

Depends on the existentialist you read, yeah?

Read Tolstoy’s My Confession.

So what is your purpose. Life has no purpose. You die. The absolute infinite of time in relation to a human lifetime is unfathomable. Even Shakespeare will be forgotten someday. Nothing you do matters. So why are you living? You should just kill yourself because you would experience no more suffering if you are dead.

It is the realization that you will die and there is no afterlife; that your existence is temporary. And the anxiety and dread this realization causes.

you feel it too, don't you?

Nothing you do in this world matters, but it is important that you do it.
Why?
You might just have an impact on someone, then they will have an impact on someone, and so on and so forth. Eventually the impacts will end with time itself but you can rest easy knowing you had a way of reverberating through the universe.
Of course that's only if you actually do something of note.

God has been silent for 2000+ years and no aspect of creation or the human experience suggests that any of it has the capacity for even superficial dignity, let alone divinity or anything beyond the wretched, vile, incompetent, incoherent mess of putrid decomposing existence we occupy.

we are cockroaches writhing in mud

Step 2: Our foul, stupid minds are incapable of understanding any of the essential aspects of humanity, morality and the meaning of the universe, but we are still held accountable for all of them through a wrathful, alien God who performs terrible, impersonal acts while telling us that His behavior is the most pure expression of a Love so great it exceeds human comprehension (surprise: just like everything else).

where does one see people like this?

Just look up into the sky for about two minutes. That ought to do it.

itt, apparently.

I'd say around 40% of the things in the pic apply to me

It is the realization that even if absolute meaning exists, you don't know for certain that you can know it.

this is such a scattershot collection of attributes and opinions that naturally some of it will be applicable

listen to really sad music n read other ppls existential crises and big philpscpical books and repeat you're stupid because you don't know what theyre talking about. then like go for long walks in the mountains and force meaning ON EVERYTHING YOU DO

>Feeling anxiety and dread

I'd rather welcome it.
It's so freeing to know that I won't have to live with my choices forever, and someday I'll die, and that'll be it.

My hypothesis: defect of goal seeking behaviour

Just admit that nearly all of it applies to you. We're all user here.

Read my diary desu

Fugggg

>pic related

Kek

God speaks even now.

You just can't hear.

another example of human inadequacy and impotence

wtf this is actually me
even the fucking mars argo bit, who the fuck even knows who she is

religion: nothing going for it other than fear mongering and mob mentality tbqfh

wtf, im this guy and even i am not as stupid as u

>Can somebody hand me one in one sentence?
Your life in weeks.

>tfw only 3,493 weeks to live

Shit.
That's a long time.

I've been in one for the past 8 years at least. It involves constant re-evaluation of your metaphysical approach to life. I rarely go more than a day without thinking about how the world works as a dynamic system. Sounds pseudy and it is I guess but it is what it is I guess.