Why are young white males so awful at writing?

Why are young white males so awful at writing?

Other urls found in this thread:

thechadwrites.wordpress.com/
youtu.be/aGzFMcoYvLI
youtube.com/watch?v=lmEbF2uhsZk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't make fun of cigarette marine biologist man who writes shitty love poems about heartbreak, don't you know hes the most hated "poet" in portland?

>menthols
Fucking nigger

Who drinks coffee with red wine

subtle

still better than richard brautigan

Whys this an American spirit and the first is a menthol pack of Marlboro

It's all a ploy to advertise cigarettes to hipsters.

itt: beta-male virgins upset that Chad Thundercock chronicles his exploits and genius in more immaculate verses than they will ever be able to produce

why are you like this

He should use Dunhills too then

nothing but alphas here

He switched when he realized American spirits were hipster approved

>GET IT?

The male Rupi Kaur

I liked American Spirits more, they have a smoother taste and they seem like there are less additives in them, much more expensive though.

because hes baiting you

bro, literally every single one of his poems is about how much pussy he's smashing and how many drugs he's slamming

literally every single one of his poems is the epitome of deftly deconstructing the postmodern post-ironic metasarcastic nu-sincerity that plagues modern literature and it is done so by an inalienable wit that is intricate beyond the point of effability and connected to some of the most complex metaphysics of our generation

everything from his aesthetics to his images to his complete disregard for such archaic institutions as "metre" is an immaculate show of the only absolute individuality that the modern man can cling to during the Kali Yuga

lol there's a guy I know who actually goes by the name "the C.H.A.D." and posts his "writing" on his blog. I can take screens if people are interested. for all I know he posts here

Post pls

since when do hipsters smoke Dunhill??

This thread is making me wish I could go back in time and kill Walt Whitman.

you would just end up succumbing to his magnanimity and libidinal magnetism and having sex with him

They were Lennon's choice so I figured they might

>thechadwrites.wordpress.com/

just looks like a bunch of goofing around and some regular amateur writing but this is what got me

>Why are young white males so awful at writing?
This will be the next wave that tries to kill Veeky Forums. Fair warning.

white male detected. did your trust fund feelings get hurt?

I really thought it'd be hard to find a "writer" that I dislike more than John Greene. I was wrong. This guy is way worse. This is just insufferable.

Case in point

t. alt-right

>thiscantbereal.jpg

I've never seen a lame person smoking Dunhill. it's usually middle aged men I've seen. I really hope hipsters haven't caught on to them.

You're not wrong. Not sure what your point is though

I want to puke. When did emotional dishonesty and abandoning others become romantic?

this is the worst poetry I've read in my fucking life. no doubt. like a 13 y old posh kid trying to do his best bukowski impression.

This. It's so over the top I have a hard time believing it's not a parody of that "style" though.

Honestly I've given up on smoking cigarettes, I might get a pipe though, I've heard pipe tobacco is more pure.

lmao

young people just
suck at
writing. weak

technique and small
scope.

When we began to live in a society where being sincere and honest is absolutely terrifying

>Chad justifying his shitty lifestyle parading it as artistic

I want to smash my head in. You know what an artist does? They love earnestly. If they're not doing that they're probably afraid of being taken advantage of by faggots like this. This is so fucking petty

oh boy, how original

i actually don't think this one is as bad as his others.

Then acknowledge that. I don't understand why people need to fucking pity themselves for doing something your partner needs you to do. Unless of course you're dating a guy like this poet

>I don't give a FUCK dude!!!! lemme prove it to you by replying to you multiple times telling you how many fucks I don't give!!

>american psycho at #1
yep its a troll account

It's not, but that's only because the others are about as bad as poetry can get

I honestly came to the same conclusion a few days ago: Our society has lost the ability to be sincere and honest.

>baring your vulnerabilities in a world of wolves

>tfw you realise Bukowski was pre internet male Rupi Kaur

you're fucking retarded if you're just figuring that out, sorry

I think he's honest, it's just that he's unbearably shallow

>not one but TWO Junot Diaz books

Oh I agree with you. Of course not everyone is like that, but the younger generations are shockingly insincere and dishonest to the point where being a good person and being emotionally honest and available to someone is seen as weird. Not caring about anything is what's seen as cool, but the reality is that even the youngest generation yearn for honesty and sincerity. We all do at some level, and it's a shame that people like this poet are praised for rejecting and misunderstanding what it means to be human.

Honestly the aspiring poets I've met are either 1) really just enthusiasts 2) earnest and talented woman 3) talking about rap or 4) expect greatness to be just shit out on their lap for telling people they're a poet and not put in the time, reading, or reflection to make anything

>earnest and talented
>women
OH NO NO NO

In reference to the other popular instapoets, it's really not that over the top. They all share what seems like a contrived delusion. Like they're so insecure that they've practiced "positive thinking" to such an extent, and have become so accepting of all of their own ideas, that they hardly seem to be self-aware anymore.

why have you given up cigs?
I haven't come across someone smoking a pipe in my lifetime

Being honest about your faults and making yourself vulnerable makes you a far more likable person though. It's very attractive, because it allows other people to make connections with you that are just not possible when you're an insufferable uncaring ass like the poet in OP. The cost is that doing so is terrifying and that fades very little.

Taste and smell mostly. Best cigs I've smoked were Dunhill and American Spirits. I've heard that cigs have additives to make them smell like shit compared to pipe but I've never tested it. I've dipped for a while. I was thinking either pipe or cigar every so often might not be so bad, the nice buzz of tobacco is pleasant and relaxing.

jesus

Roopi was the only one I've had any real exposure to and that was because of Veeky Forums. There's something terribly sad and banal about a whole pseudo-artistic subculture developing that doesn't devolve into unaware self-parody so much as only exist as it. It's like all the worst things about the beats accelerated and distilled into one pre-packaged artificial mess.

>hypothetical woman named in an anecdote with literally the only information available that they are talented and woman
>nah I've read their stuff it's not that great. not that I'm sexist.

youtu.be/aGzFMcoYvLI

youtube.com/watch?v=lmEbF2uhsZk

Poetry is usually pretty awful, always. It makes me think back to that poetry unit in high school and brings out those violent suicide thoughts my therapist told me to block out.

Do people really still believe that smoking makes you cool? How old mentally do you have to be to think taking a photo of your packet of smokes next to your shitty two lines of """poetry"""" is cool

>you're a retard for not knowing things before I did

Can I call you a retard if you don't know how to do multivariate calculus or how to perform a fourier transform on a signal, then? It takes time to learn shit, user; not everyone learns things at exactly the same time. Did you ever fucking individuate?

Yes, people still believe this. It just makes me laugh honestly.

I was pretty with you until that last part. I channeled my suicidal thoughts as a cry for help but it turned out I had abusive parents instead of a chemical imbalance so nobody did anything because they couldn't fix it by deciding that something was wrong with me and didn't like thinking about it. I got to make a lot of upsetting shit that none of the other shit-disturbing edge lords could get away with but no-one would tell me to stop.

ah, so you're an autist.

This must be deliberately ironic. Notice the increasingly unrestrained presence of cigarettes.

Probably. Explains why none of my relationships last longer than 8 days and all I get are one night stands.

Ahahaha holy shit, I'm not even disgusted anymore I'm just laughing

-c.y.

He actually liked one of my poems I just posted. Within seconds. Hes running a stupid bot which is why he has so many followers.

fuck this is so true tho

We all feel depressed sometimes and like to sleep in, but who the fuck feels that that is so profound and deep that it warrants some pretentious cunt typing it out all faux typewriter style and carefully arranging a cigarette next to a print out of it

>glass of red.
That's pretty bad desu

yeah, red what? the guy just can't leave me hanging!

loooool, you're a funny one

Isn't that a critique of the modern "poetry" though? Its all aesthetic, no depth—everyone is a rupi kaur clone.

Also, c. y. is a "broet" not a poet.

Jokes on you bud, all poetry is a joke. Write a novel and stop be a faggot

typewriter and ashtray don't rhyme. there's no way this is a real poem.

>This thread is making me wish I could go back in time and kill Arthur Rimbaud

Fix'd

Holy fucking cringe.

Just stop being a normalshit.

He's saying that women can't be earnest and talented
Are you autistic? Go back to facebook.

yea ok

>typewriter
>coffee
>wine
>cigarettes
>manic pixie girl

almost the whole package of images used by amateur writers who don't know what to write about

all he needs is
>rain

You forgot waking up in the morning