Can't we all agree she hasn't read the damn thing?

Can't we all agree she hasn't read the damn thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

favobooks.com/politicians/126-Angela-Merkel-books-most-important-in-life.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Hillary Clinton isn't smart

She graduated from fucking Yale.

Every dipshit 17 year old on this site has read it

wow, HIDF out in full force tonight.

Did she? Or did Yale graduate from her?

>Her rich daddy paid Yale to let her graduate

Fixed :>)

Wouldn't have guessed BK. It's better than if she would have said something like Slaughterhouse 5 to try to appeal to the youth.

>Implying the vast majority of Dostoevsky's readers aren't young men in their 20s

She obviously learned nothing from the book.

Same way trump graduated from Wharton, and Bush graduated from Yale..

>something vaguely pro-Russian
>something vaguely religious in this godless culture, atheist/degenerate kryptonite

Its too risky for her to have mentioned for optics purposes. If it's genuinely her favorite book then 1) respect and 2) it's a shame she hasn't read Ulysses or In Search of Lost Time

Literally every old wine drinking fart has read Dosto

everyone and their mother read Dostoyevsky, user
it's not any internet secret club material

Studying American Law has a lobotomizing effect.

just bcuz i say i read it don't mean i did

It's not exactly an obscure book. Dostoevsky has been immensely popular in America for many decades. My parents, both casual readers, have read The Brothers Karamazov. I'd be willing to bet someone as educated and intelligent as Hillary Clinton (setting aside moral and political differences) has read it. Why would you think otherwise?

wtf i love tolstoy now

yes and? Do you expect me to stand up for trump and Bush?
she learned how to silence her guilty conscious

you're all missing the point (see below), and I'm assuming none of you have read the book for yourselves, or you would know what I'm talking about.

this is the point. the closest analogue to HRC in the book is any one of the braindead audience members in the courtroom, who respond with bizarre enthusiasm to every dopey liberal applause line delivered by either the prosecutor or the defense attorney. the book is fundamentally reactionary, and there's no way that it's actually Hildawgs's favorite book, unless she managed to misread it as badly as she did with 1984, pic related.

you don't have to agree with the ideology of a book to enjoy its craft or characters. are you an idiot?

also, Hillary is basically a republican. she's a 'moderate' democrat from fucking Arkansas

Is it really so hard to believe that she was gripped by the psychological drama without being influenced by the novel's morals?

To be fair it is a pretty surprising choice for "favorite" given how moralizing it really is. There's a whole portion of the book entirely dedicated to sermons, it's pretty hard to ignore.

She just said whatever would get her more votes.

The second paragraph isn't referring to 1984.

Is it really so easy to believe a democrat would like the work of a Russian?

liar

what, you gonna give me an electric shock, too?

>the goal of authoritarianism is to sow mistrust for our leaders and the press
lmao what

So did bush

based merkel
favobooks.com/politicians/126-Angela-Merkel-books-most-important-in-life.html

>actually believing anything a politician says ever

>actually believing anything anybody says ever

I know you're just mocking me but you're an idiot if you think politicians do not always have special incentives to bullshit everything.

they are just human, all too human.

>First Problem: To produce wealth.
>Second Problem: To distribute it.

>Solve merely the first of the two problems, you will be Venice or England. Like Venice you will have an artificial power, or like England material power; you will be the evil rich. You will perish by violence, as Venice died, or by bankruptcy, as England will. And the world will let you die and fall, because the world lets everything fall and die that is nothing but selfishness, everything that does not represent a virtue or an idea for the human race.

Wow Hilldawg I didn't know you rolled like that.

>you have to full accept the authors views in order to enjoy the book

conscience*

>liberal politician running on a platform staunchly opposed to standard Christian values
>cites a work of christian apologism as one of the most important in her life
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM