ANTI-OEDIPUS BOOK CLUB

>WEEK ONE - DESIRING BODIES

/lit is reading Giles Deleuze and Felix Guattari's Anti-Oedipus
You can join the discord chat at: discord.gg/b5fh8N

If you can't afford or a copy, or if you are waiting for one to arrive in the mail, you can find a pdf here:
dlx.b-ok.org/genesis/495000/bc6419604eaae03d8b4fac58bddd8c97/_as/[Gilles_Deleuze]_Anti-Oedipus_Capitalism_and_Schi(b-ok.org).pdf

>How much are you reading per week?
One section per week. This averages out to about 100 pages
>What if I can't keep up?
Don't worry - we're going to look at the work holistically and discussion will extend beyond the four week reading
>What if I don't understand anything?
Again, don't worry. We're going to do our best to work through it together and explain difficult concepts to one-another. Reading in a group is the best way to understand AO
>Why are you in a discord? Why can't we just post here?
Because the discussion is quicker. Because we can identify people who know more about Spinoza, Freud, Lacan, and the G&D's previous work. Because it allows us to have an easy repository of secondary sources to help us better understand the book. Because I said so.

I will continue to post these threads for those who do not wish to join the discord but who would still like to join in with the discussion anyway

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TKkkQoIyAEE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But I don't want to read that book user

You don't want to read the most iconic book by the most iconic duo?

>But having his own amazing sex life wasn’t enough for Felix. Felix, who was always creating political groups and committees, created a group of “erotic kamikazes” whose goal was to “root out couples representing ‘horrible conjugality.'” Guattari’s boss at La Borde recounts:

>When any couple got together, they sent in a kamikaze within a week to break them up because love was capitalistic.

based

nobody understands this bullshittery. Its all the worst parts of "continental philosophy" distilled into a single, meaningless gesture.

is it true that D&G were rightwingers and hated actual schizos? what will i get from reading this book otherwise? sounds interesting to follow the threads but i won't join the Discord thing probably

Except it fucking isn't and it's some of the most prophetic and lucid pieces of philosophy that came out in the XXth c. Just don't expect to understand it if you haven't read any philosophy at all.

>is it true that D&G were rightwingers
How the fuck does that matter? Do you need a label on everything to fit into your confirmation bias or what?

I have an MA in philosophy, kiddo. That's why I know its chralattan, pseudo-intellectual fuckery of the lowest order.
It was an in-joke when it was released.....now you guys are taking the meme seriously. "lol"

I want to buy that Penguin Classic version of that book so much.

>Do you need a label on everything to fit into your confirmation bias or what?
i am not trying to confirm anything beyond what i explicitly asked

I know man, books are hard.

Guattari literally helped two far-left philosophers from Italy to flee the country

>MA
>An anglo
>An anglo trying to read continental philosophy
rofl

Who?

They are the superior continentals
Forget Foucault and Derrida

What an asshole, I only like Deleuze

Trash group, discords gay

Stick to Gravitys Rainbow

>Gravity's Rainbow
Sorry, I'm not 12 anymore.

Por qué no los dos?
youtube.com/watch?v=TKkkQoIyAEE

>Foucault
>Hard to understand

> is it true that D&G were rightwingers and hated actual schizos?

Did I miss opposite day or something?

Most of you are too stupid to discuss D&G

Start with "Nietzsche and Philosophy" by Deleuze.

How about you stop giving pleb advice and stop telling people to “start” with a certain text. Just read Deleuze, that’s all you need to do.

Deleuze is pretty difficult though. I've even read posts on here telling people to start with Difference & Repetition or The Logic of Sense which is retarded since they were Deleuze's most difficult works, he even admitted that they were hardgoing and too concept heavy.

more like deloser and gaytari

His stuff on Nietzsche develops some of the concepts talked about in AO in a less bat-shit crazy way. It's a stepping stone. Nothing plebian about sensible development - a literary cursus honorum - THE patrician process.

Nah, bruh, you’re a pleb qua pleb

What's this book about?

hating your father

>30 posts
>absolutely no discussion about the book

Is it true this book is meaningless?

Check the discord if you want discussion

Who said he was hard to understand?

Any more redpills to drop, sir?

not sure, how much have they already read from the book? OP doesn't say

From the introduction:
>Last
but
not
least,
the
major
enemy,
the
strategic
adversary
is
fascism
(whereas
Anti-Oedipus'
opposition
to
the
others
is
more
of
a
tactical
engagement).
And
not
only
historical
fascism,
the
fascism
of
Hitler
and
Mussolini-which
was
able
to
mobilize
and
use
the
desire
of
the
masses
so
effectively-but
also
the
fascism in
us
all,
in
our
heads
and
in
our
everyday
behavior,
the
fascism
that
causes
us
to
love
power,
to
desire
the
very
thing
that
dominates
and
exploits
us.

Nice try commie, but I'm redpilled

You have to use these boards to entice rather then defend, otherwise you're not selling me on this yet.

What reason does a person need to read this? What influence did it have and what books and what authors specifically deal with the subjects after it?

What purpose does this have except to fixate you on your intellectual superiority to all others?

You could google all that stuff
I would say most people are still on the introduction or the first pages of the first part of the book. The first part is only like 50 pages or so. You could easily catch up if you want.

>Redpill
>Can't maintain frame while reading books

Nice in tact boundaries you have there Redpill man. Pretty sure this qualifies you for a purple heart.

lmao

Join if you're interested in reading the book - don't if you're not. It's not my job to convince you. I'm just posting here because a lot of people want to read this and I think its beneficial to do this as a group. I am not trying to demonstrate any "intellectual superiority". On the contrary, I believe that I will not understand this book well enough should I read it alone. I believe I will get more out of it by discussing it with others, whose limited knowledge combined might make ample sense of the work. Lots of others feel the same way. If you don't, that's fine. Leave the thread.

If I were to read it alone I would have already done so, but reading as a part of a group discussion requires me to know the groups thoughts. I can understand why it's not important for any of you to question the initiation though, aesthetics being as they are and such.

Will this book turn me gay?

I like this pitch. But I'm looking for something that really sells me on it, like pretend I'm a Dad with four kids and you're trying to describe the safety features of a minivan.

Also, do you have any pictures of what this discussion might look like? Will I retain the memory for ages, such as sun and beach and bare breasted woman in warm frothy ocean waves?

No. You'll have ass and mind warped by gay French degenerates.

The introduction says it is to psychoanalysis as Neitszche's The Antichrist was to Christianity. Whatever that means, Idk.

When are you starting OP?

its proportionality they use it alot. like 1/x=100/30 if you can solve that you can get the analogy. what is maintained is proportionality.

can i get something worth from it if i don't believe in psychoanalysis on the first place? i may read it at some point just to learn on what kind of drugs Nick Land runs

How do you know you don't believe it until you've read it

i've read about psychoanalysis, this user more or less said it's a critique of psychoanalysis which i already don't take seriously

>Christianity
>ANTI-Christ
>Oedipus complex, one of the key formulations of psychoanalysis
>ANTI-Oedipus
hmm, what could this mean...

I want to read this but I'm a brainlet, should e gather more experience or just join the group anyways? Currently looking for a Mobi version of this

This is going to have less than three people by week 4.

Both
Read the introduction of the pdf

oh, it's another >faggot who discovered Nick Land, and now thinks he's hot shit over his Anti-Oedipus

It's shit, and you should feel bad.

Toni Negri and Franco Berardi