Eldritch monstrocity from beyond the stars

>eldritch monstrocity from beyond the stars
>hyped up from the beginning of the story
>even it's very thoughts cause nightmares and madness throughout the globe
>defeated by getting rammed with a fucking boat
lmao, what was he thinking?

He wasn't XD

That just shows how retarted his fiction is.
Lovecraft characters are completely one-dimensional figures who are always on the verge of madness. There is nothing original about them, if you read Poe, you will notice that this sort of character appear at some of his most familiar stories such as fall of the house of usher. In Lovecraft's case, however, we see a copy of this character appearing over and over with some repetitive quotes from the fictional book, relation to a cult of Dagon and more of these ridiculous gimmicks.
His notion of good writing is spending as many big adjectives as he can, just look at his descriptions of places and creatures, the most horrifying abomination in the pages of his books( they should have stayed in weird magazines btw). My thesis on the horrible level of his writing is that he felt that writing as many polysyllables as he could was a sign of genius, read his story about the drunk father( you likely don't know that anyway).
There is also his essay, supernatual horror in literature. In this piece, he'd say thinfs like "the levels of cosmic horror are unmatched"(meaningless analysis) or "only a very sensitive person can appreciate the horror"
I have much more, but I think this is enough.
Anyway, good luck trying to enjoy Lovecraft after this demolition.
Funny:
>weird literature
>cyclopean
>aeons
>even death may die
>the mad arab Abdul Alharazth

>In Lovecraft's case, however, we see a copy of this character appearing over and over

For Lovecraft, the psychology of man as individual is secondary. He's not trying to do the same thing as Poe.

Lovecraft was a hack and everyone at the time knew it. He only got popular because of proto soyboys discovering him after his death. You have to pity the man.

good pasta
usage of the word "soyboy" kind of invalidates any opinion in my eyes

Aren't you that same guy, in another thread, right?

I thought he just manages to get away by ramming the boat into Cthulu. He didn't "defeat" him. Still is goofy as hell given the context.

>kind of
>can't even express certainty in his own opinions
Do you culturally enrich your soy with your wife's son's semen?

no, he actually somehow manages to heavily damage Cthulhu, so hard that it has to go back to sleep in fact
if Cthulhu didn't go back to sleep the world would be pretty fucked, since I think it was supposed to wake up the other Great Old Ones

>rhetorical questions
>can't even state his opinions upfront
You buzzword your buzzword with buzzword.

His sci fi stories are way better than his spooky monster stories.

The Color Out of Space and The Shadow Out of Time are his 2 best stories, and it's a shame he doesn't have much else in that style.

The music of erich zann is his decent story.

>defeated

did you even read the story?

desu even he knew (and admitted as much in one of his countless letters) that writing for Weird Tales and the like had a negative effect on his work, since he had to modulate and deliver a certain type of story. The stuff he was personally proud of (like Color and Erich Zann) really stand out from his other yarns.

As far as Lovecraft being a good writer is concerned, well, there's arguments against his prose but I think he really shined when writing essays

>he really shined when writing essays
Which essays are you talking about? his Supernatural horror in lit essay is awful.

I'll take that as a SWEDEN YES.

the creature was in the mans head all along, its a metaphor for how the imagination is afraid of the dark

the real treasure were his friends

>he actually somehow manages to heavily damage Cthulhu
the heavy damage is metaphor for the rewarding bravery of going against his fears to even go out into the dark waters and seek to see the beast in person, to confront ones fears, when he took this step of brave action, he damaged and dwindled the 'boogieman'

>pity the man
why, he's way more famous than he has any right to be

Cthulu literally went back to sleeping his eternal sleep instead of changing the earth forever and ushering in a new era where humans no longer rule. Lovecraft wrote a couple of really great stories, but The Call of Cthulhu sure is not one of them.

i think it was good beyond the goofy boat thing, doesn't really ruin the rest of the story for me

dagon on the other side was quite underwhelming, some sort of half-backed Cthulu, just like the part about the creezy lazy flies just laying there on the island and being stepped on by the guy

Sorry but you really do come across as SOY’D.