Why can't women into the Iliad?

Why can't women into the Iliad?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=i04qKOh6iH8
vox.com/identities/2017/11/20/16651634/odyssey-emily-wilson-translation-first-woman-english
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why can't OP into non-faggotry?

It's a story about men and masculine ideals

my kingdom for a version of that image that says WILL NOT YIELD THE MARE on the Danaan side

>Hah! Women can't understand the Ili-
m.youtube.com/watch?v=i04qKOh6iH8

the ancients hah, you mean children?

Oh- how sweet, she called me a lovely flower...

Cringe

Aeneas detected >>>/italy/

This is fucking stupid. Any serious reader of the Iliad loves both the Trojans and the Greeks. You don't have to pick between them. Both are honorable and deserve respect. Homer didn't pick sides, he just told the story.

> the Ili-ADD
> dropped

>expecting sense from a Facebook meme

>women
>into anything
no
unironically

It’s literature

Heh- hey bro. YOU FORGOT THE KITCHEN HAAAAA

>ideology
women are the true patricians

Why can't men into feminism?

women are complete egoists that act on their desires instead of overanalyzing and ideologizing everything they touch.
women know that heroism and manliness are just a sham.

What? Every good story has black and white ideals and one side that's obviously evil and one that's good.

So she likes it because of its depictions of home life and an imaginary gay romance?

laughed.

Since this thread is shitposting central, I may as well ask: I'm starting with the greeks and recently got the Iliad, what am I in for?

Simone Weil could

Translation?

Boats with 50 men on them and tripping face first into shit

It's in spanish

It's like you're being thick on purpose

/r9k/ cross-poster here
All the women hate threads have prepared me for this! It's because women are soulless, empty shells that only care about feeling good, which happens by getting compliments, showing off and generally being manipulative bitches. They can't understand concepts such as honour and dignity, which is why they misinterpret all the characters in the Illiad and don't get what it's really about. Take for example: she read the book and all she could glimpse of Achilles' character was him being "a drama queen", since that's what her mind transforms honour, such an alien concept to her, into - a way to attract attention, an everyplace occurrence in her life.

fuck off back to /r9k/ unless you are aggieposting

Fuckoff girls are angels, might as well complain about sunlight music and kittens

>*Teleports behind Homer and destroys masculine virtues
Pssssh nothin' personal, kid!

a-am i a lovely flower?
im in love

My girlfriend has read and understood the iliad, and most ancient Greek writing (a fair bit in ancient Greek, which is more than I can say). She says she just disconnects her modern sensibilities whenever she reads anything from any era prior to the 60s, and enjoys/learns from it as it is.

God this was atrocious, she applies the most generic 'pros and cons' in the shallowest fucking critique of Homer I've ever heard, she says nothing about it and succeeds in a deformed summary at best and perverse modern pandering at worst.

>ag-meh-nomnom
>lil-ee-at
>cull-o-kewl-il
this is why I'm a virgin

wrong book, but i get that you only understand memes

That's what you want in a women desu you need an opening to stick your pseud in

Lol.
Contrary to what some ppl think, men and women are - the horror! - individuals, not automatons filled with a pre-programmed set of qualities.
IF (and that's a big if) OP actually can into the Iliad
And, again, IF, he honestly never personally met a woman who could into the Iliad.
Despite probably having benefitted from the work of multiple female scolars.
That's his problem. Probs has something to do with OP's glaring misogyny, which prevents him from having meaningful conversations with many women who happen to possess some self-respect.
Many of whom, I am certain, could teach OP a lot about this epic and it's themes.
Which are much more complex than "one side is totally in the right and badass, other side totesin the wrong and sucks, yo".
(Granted, this is more "A ridiculously distorted version of one particular hero among the Achaeans is a raging badass and your average Trojan can't compare", which is even more unfair to both sides, because your average Achaean is about as weak when compared to Hector or Sarpedon as Trojan Soldier #6966999 before Boen Agathos Diomedes.)
But okay, apparently, memes like tis one are a sign that an individual "can into" a millenia-old complex work of art.
Also, the delicious irony of some ppl feing full of misogynystic crap and asserting that Athene is "the best goddess"
OP deserves a cookie for being entertaining.

My experience has been that women PREFER the Iliad, little patience for the Odyssey, which is superior.

Because there is more to literature than a bunch of uninteresting white males clad in armor bashing their iron sticks against eachother. The plot isn't good, the characters are unlikeable and don't develop at all and the author uses deus ex machina to death (literally) with all the divine interventions. I don't really see how the Iliad can be considered good, it's just a power-fantasy fanfic made by some old senile guy.

Guys.... Hector....
;______;
Also I was a little annoyed at how most of the greeks are killed between the Iliad & Odyssey, and mostly from shitty things like storms

Wow.
Way to talk about one of the most complex and deep works of literature ever.
Your dismissal of the Iliad says more about your own shallowness than about the supposed inadequacy of the epic itself.
Also, "white male"TM in the sense many sjws like to use the term can not be applied to either the Achaeans or the Trojans.
Stick to discussing books you can actually comprehend.

Its 300 with more gay subtext and name dropping like its Genesis. Gay subtext is actually good.

Seriously. (You) should pick up Eva Brann's Homeric Moments, if youd like a truly great still-living woman's take on the two epics in small, swiftly moving chapters. It's a very good book in its own right. Youll appreciate it.

because equality is for fags

All the best feminists are men.

oh god post the rest you fucking tease

Honestly this; I love the Iliad but you have correctly assessed the situation
Nice b8

why would I give up power?

yeah dude

Why are some letters in red ?
shit seems random and ugly

this, unironically

How should I carry out my desire for conflict over virtue and honour in this peaceful, decadent world? I can think of nothing that doesn't involve a life sentence in prison and I don't want to sublimate myself like a cuck
I guess this is what the Odyssey must be about

theres a secret message
>MEMORIAL V'ILIADIYO

This

What is aggieposting?

Hector was a nice guy

Gods were cunts

lol amazing post

>Its another woman attempts to change a bromance into an actual romance because women can't form as deep a bond with her fellow man as men can episode

vox.com/identities/2017/11/20/16651634/odyssey-emily-wilson-translation-first-woman-english

The Odissey was better than the Illiad.

>has an actual ending
>didn't spent like 3/4ths of the book describing the biographies of random soldiers that literally just died, and thus of little use for anything else other than meaningless world-building

Image shows false dichotomy. The Iliad does not take sides between Greeks and Trojans.
The real dichotomy: Chad Iliad, virgin Odyssey. I admit I don't know ancient Greek, but if translations are anything to go buy, the Iliad is much superior as a work of art.

The ending of the Iliad is the burial of Hector and the looming horror of the destruction of Troy. The random soldiers' biographies are described in order to drive home the point of the horror of the war.

You made this way too obvious. Everyone can tell right away that it's a joke post when you say something like "- the horror! -"

>Retard that can't spell Iliad has strong opinion about it

lliad

>The ending of the Iliad is the burial of Hector and the looming horror of the destruction of Troy.
Exactly what I meant by that. Despite the rivalry being on most of the book, stopping after the burial is exactly like stopping before the climax of the war and everything described in the book, plus the actual goal of the war itself.

>The random soldiers' biographies are described in order to drive home the point of the horror of the war.
If that was the point, it failed; since even with the biographies, most of the people could be described as cannon fodder and no real value would be lost with their deaths. I suppose I do sound like a sociopath with that statement, but my point is that they served little use for the story being presented(not even the soldiers killing them showed any kind of emotion most of the time), and as a recollection of the war for Helena it also failed since it stops right before the end of it, while also doing passing mentions of the time before the beginning of the book.

Better than in English, don't worry

The brainlet opinion

Genuinely proud of you. Your power is growing.

Zeus is explicitly allied with neither side in the Iliad. The most he does is save Sarpedon's body after he dies.

we're all gonna make it poof
Don't resent women for their nature, understand them. Female nobility is necessarily different from male nobility and pearls exist even amongst the brackish sludge of the seafloor

Veeky Forums always makes Illiad sound way more interesting and fun than it is.