>Be a child for a very small amount of time
>Get ruined by capitalism or communism or whatever else
>Work and toil for 50 years
>Die

Kek

harry potter and the deathly hallows

>A fucking train station

Diary of a madman is simultaneously funny and depressing
Death isn't a central theme but it seems to be something you'd like if you're actually looking for recommendations and not just a shitpost

Rituals by Cees Nooteboom

Every single Samuel Beckett work

>Read Molly
>some fag walking across town putting rocks in his mouth
Groundbreaking

>Diary of a madman

Jeez I guess it's true there are no new ideas. Fuck me. I'm actually retarded. What's it about if I might ask?

David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been

Gogol wrote it from the perspective of a man who woke up and thought he was the king of spain
It's comical at first but slowly becomes more depressing as he gets mistreated

I'm sure there are probably other short stories or novels with a similar title so I wouldn't let it put me down if I were you

Tristram Shandy

I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them, as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when they begot me; had they duly consider'd how much depended upon what they were then doing;—that not only the production of a rational Being was concerned in it, but that possibly the happy formation and temperature of his body, perhaps his genius and the very cast of his mind;—and, for aught they knew to the contrary, even the fortunes of his whole house might take their turn from the humours and dispositions which were then uppermost;—Had they duly weighed and considered all this, and proceeded accordingly,—I am verily persuaded I should have made a quite different figure in the world, from that in which the reader is likely to see me.—Believe me, good folks, this is not so inconsiderable a thing as many of you may think it;—you have all, I dare say, heard of the animal spirits, as how they are transfused from father to son, &c. &c.—and a great deal to that purpose:—Well, you may take my word, that nine parts in ten of a man's sense or his nonsense, his successes and miscarriages in this world depend upon their motions and activity, and the different tracks and trains you put them into, so that when they are once set a-going, whether right or wrong, 'tis not a half-penny matter,—away they go cluttering like hey-go mad; and by treading the same steps over and over again, they presently make a road of it, as plain and as smooth as a garden-walk, which, when they are once used to, the Devil himself sometimes shall not be able to drive them off it.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Anything by Cioran

Is that an actual quote? I am choking

I am serious. I was stuck at work thinking about how miserable I was as a person, and then cracked up at how pathetic it all is.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Yeah, his books are filled with this humor

Anything in particular you'd recommend?

Cervantes did it better.

>capitalism is bad!!!

No it's not.It's more:
>be born without consent
>be a child for 18 years to discover interests and live purely
>make your own decisions in life in a free market system as long as you weren't a retard who did drugs or dropped out of high school
>die

yes, yes, good goy

mmmmmmmmm...

ABABABABABB UUAAAA

>point out hardwork is good in capitalism
>teenager commies complain because they're acting degrees aren't making money

>but muh art teacher said capitalism is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>posts comfortably from his laptop in his parents home

Molloy is fucking hilarious

It's less to do with the system than the people IN the system?

I mean we have hit a brick wall here in regards to the alienation of people's souls because you guys are such shut ins you don't realize that the interaction of peoples has almost nothing to do with the system they're in.

So you're all wrong. It's not about capitalism or communism, it's about morality.

>consume consume consume
>No! Don't consume that it's bad! Have some fast food and fast cars instead!
Truly far more desirable than anything from the past

>NO! Help me! I am incapable of seeking goods that aren't in my walmart because I'm too stubborn to look!
Truly far more idiotic than anyone from the past

I'm not even making fun of you for capitalism, you're a brainlet because of this

>make your own decisions in life in a free market system as long as you weren't a retard who did drugs or dropped out of high school

There's nothing wrong about it.
But seeing as you're already throwing around words like "brainlet" I'm assuming you're 19

These two posts are good.

One stipulates the past has an answer, and that is always valuable.

The other stipulates that morals are the problem inherently, and that is also a valuable position, believe it or not.

Anti-capitalists who are living comfortably in capitalism is what comes after post-modernism

why is this board so contrarian and gay?

You completely missed the point of the post
Modern society is almost exclusively centred on working a job to buy things, it's become all that people live for and it's even more obvious from your post that you're a part of this cult

His later works such as The Trouble with Being Born consciously embrace this wit compared to his more stern earlier works

No? For many it is. But it's also about innovation and creativity.

Tell me: what is your ideal political structure?

not him but you have to be retarded if you haven't found what you are interested in by 18

Just because you are living in a system does not mean you support it inherently. It means you are trying to live.

>innovation and creativity
Nothing to do with capitalism, the system only encourages them if they can yield a profit. Nothing happens if it can't make money.

>make your own decisions
>a free market system
>retards do drugs

Most of the most hard working people are absolutely miserable and barely conscious as a consequence.

This. And yet it’s how we survive. I want to die

>working a job to buy things
As opposed to?

Researching things, artistic endeavours etc...

It's hillarious how much of a class marker this is. I'm a kid of blue collar parents who assume that drugs are for poor people and fuckups, meanwhile all the 150IQ people I know from uni who are going to top tier grad schools and IB did everything from weed to acid to crack( in one instance).

Almost all modern people subscribe to some poorly defined hedonism. There's absolutely no good reason not to manipulate the chemicals in your brain and body to a desired effect. You're right that it's ideological in nature, but it's not ideologically consistent either -- the same faggots who unconditionally reject recreational drugs also think you should have the most amount of money you can to secure the most sex and comfort possible.

>also think you should have the most amount of money you can to secure the most sex and comfort possible.
But if you don't have money you will die.

Chuck Palahniuk books. Choke in particular.

Sounds like Don Quijote. If you guys havent, you should definitely read DQ.

>the same faggots who unconditionally reject recreational drugs also think you should have the most amount of money you can to secure the most sex and comfort possible

But that's the entire difference in philosophy you fool. Those people advocate libidinal rewards based on activity and achievement as opposed to arbitrary consumption. Not that I'm one of them (given I dont accept achievement as an inherently accessible category) but you're the retard here and a pathetic junkie at that

Living a virtuous life. Do you read at all? Lofe was based on buying commodities til the rise of capitalism. Consumerism is a relatively new thing.

libidinal rewards based on activity and achievement
>as oppose to arbitrary consumption
Advocating the former is arbitrarily too, retard.

>Advocating the former is arbitrarily too

Which I said right there in the post you dumb dumb
The difference is however naively they at least are striving towards justification for their actions which places them in an infinitely more respectable position

Class is marked based on which drugs one uses.

Thats called being a whiney faggot mate

>not him but you have to be retarded if you haven't found what you are interested in by 18
That is completely false. How old are you? What hardships have you faced?

Kek ok ubermensch fuck on off now will ya

>striving towards justification for their actions
I'd argue that under that sort of mentality the action of effort is justified from the beginning. There is no search for meaning, simply a brain dead acceptance of the ideals of a Dream that lives in the discussion of its futility.

*lives only