Spelling and punctuation have been modernized

>Spelling and punctuation have been modernized

*Spit out drink*

What kind of maniac wants a "modernized" masterpiece?

I'm sorry, I'm only familiar with Paradife Loft

nithe lithp you got there

I don't understand plebs either. On the contrary I'd like to see more works "translated" to older English. It's just so much more charming.

The same savages that read modern versions of Shakespeare. I blame the teachers that allow it more than the misguided souls who read it.

Quick rundown on who is xi or their, please.

>a-wantinge to raede a boke wrote thufsly

>masterpiece
>has Sin and Death

The Faerie Queene > Milton's shit non-poem.

>1200 pages
sorry dude some of us have a life we arnt all virgins lmao

That really is the English epic cycle, but comes across a little lame because it's so entrenched in our culture it seems childishly cliched

should I read this if I want to pretend to be smart or will it be such a slog that I will give up?

Mate I hate to break it to you, but any edition of Paradiſe Loſt is to some extent modernized unless you're reading an original 16th century manuscript. Shakespeare folios look radically different from any printed editions as well.

It's actually very enjoyable and doesn't take long to read.

I didn't consider it a slog at any point. Every book was captivating, even the simple stuff such as Adam telling the Angel Michael of his memory of his own creation as the first man. Everything is beautifully written that there wasn't a part of it which I couldn't enjoy.

alright, I'm convinced

Its worth it just to get rid of all the retarded extra e's

It will be a slog at times if you can't appreciate the beauty of it's language fyi

I found it a pretty long slog, even if the work itself isn't terribly long.

Very much this. To tell the truth i fucking despise Christianity with every fiber of my being, but Paradise Lost is fucking phenominal.

you're the worst kind of pleb, an antiquated LARPer

>I read Paradise Lost with a 17th century London accent like the author intended

Why do you have to point it out that you hate Christianity? No one has to denounce Hellenism everytime they praise Homer.

>not knowing that Milton didn't do his punctuation and it's up to the editor

He dictated it - it's possible to dictate punctuation nonceboy 2001.

What is the deal with Paradife Loft anyways? I'm gonna reread it but the first time through it seemed actively pretty ugly at times and disappointing.

I read modernised Beowulf and it was good

Work at it my boy