What does Veeky Forums think of this guy?

What does Veeky Forums think of this guy?

I think that he should stop shilling his own channel in the literature section of an anime imageboard.

Because he and Sadler are BFF’s, but we’re not.

*That's why we hate him.

I think
>why isn't he dead yet
>surely any decent human being would choose death over posting shill threads for their youtube channel on Veeky Forums

He’s a hack who plagiarizes from actual critics

He's a fucking pseud faggot desu senpai

What are some Veeky Forums youtubers you do respect?

Veeky Forums is insanely jealous of him because he's the turbo-Chad of the literary scene

Stop shilling, cliff

Hes a fucking skinny far pseud hipster beta dating some disgusting 50 year old skeleton. He's an idiot lol.

I only ever watched one video of his, which was The Recognitions one and it was god awful. He seemed to have absolutely no thoughts on the book whatsoever (which lead me to question whether or not he actually read it) and merely stretched out saying the synopsis for however long the video lasted by staring off camera in what appeared to be a feigning of deep thought, but then rounded out the video by saying he had no idea what the book was about and that "according to some blogs" he'd read it meant this..... It was #content for #content's sake which is what all youtube is at this point. Either have something interesting to say or don't bother. But whatever support his patreon or some bullshit. I get that The Recognitions is a difficult work, you don't have to point that out to me and to give him the benefit of the doubt as he says in the video a second reading would probably have helped. But come on, you surely had some interesting take on the material, some questions that the text formulated in your mind while your reading, something, anything at all? The struggle with a text and a reader working through those struggles would have been a far more interesting video.

I have this issue with a lot of Youtube channels to be fair, most movie video essayist are just as one note so perhaps this critique should be levelled at the medium as a whole and not a single entity within in.

I think he's kind of corny and pretentious, but when you're sincere that doesn't matter in my view. He's okay. Acquired taste. I agree with him a lot, from what I've seen.

>I agree with him a lot
Wow way to admit that you’re incapable of thinking critically about a text

damn I took this personally

Gregory B. Sadler
The Black Ponderer

he was mildly entertaining around mid 2016
since discovering peterson his content has fucking plummeted
he should also lose the beard, fuck it looks so bad

He's the YourMovieSucks of book reviews.

Black ponderer > Sadler >>>>>>>Cliffaggot

No. Pic related.

bed

Based Greg. He really is the best channel on youtube. It's great to see him getting more attention round here and I hope it continues.

He's a really interesting character. With the whole being a swole gang kid who wanted to be a mercenary then joining the army and somehow ending up being a big chill stoic philosophy lecturer. Even more primo surrogate dad material than Peterson imo.

Would like to have had my first beer, aged 13, out on a camping trip with him while he tells me about when he was my age and I pretend to enjoy the beer so as not to disappoint him, and there's a moments silence before I nervously tell him I don't want to go to mass anymore because I've been reading his Nietzsche and Camus and I'm embracing the absurd, and he just smiles and gives me big pat on the back, saying "alright, bud, I don't want to be a real jerk and force you to do something you don't believe in", all the while knowing that one day I'll come around and return to religion, but with a couple years of philosophical reading so I can fully appreciate it. And I'd get up and stumble a bit, and he'd laugh and say, "alright kid, I think that beer's gone to your head. How about we call it a night, it's getting dark now anyway" and I'd climb in the tent contented that dad understands me and respects my philosophical development even if it clashes with his own, and I'd fall asleep immediately with him staying up a little longer reading Epictetus by his phone light before turning it off and drifting off to sleep, with the forest silent and serene outside the tents.

>ywn