Top 100 final

You've had enough chances to voice concerns. I'm washing my hands of this forever, have fun arguing over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/XZ4wrZR
strawpoll.me/14776329/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

time to post it on reddit for karma and 1 million views :DDDDDD
also looking forward to the 3 months of genre-fiction threads made by retards

Just the image on it's own. Should be less compressed.

>1984 at 19
>Shakespeare at 25
>That Ulysses cover

Pic related is the other OC I did.

As I've said before, at least Redditors don't try and join in /clg/. The rest of the board is dead to me after this ordeal. Especially that one autist who samefagged 20+ times each thread.

I'm not posting with this trip again, if I become a masochist over the next 8 months I'll be back, but under a different name.

>fuck you got mine

>nabakov
>dostoevskyy
>tolkein
>bugakov
Get it together man.

>book of the new sun
jesus fucking christ you stupid nostalgia faggots. these are the best books ever written not your favorite book from middleschool you losers, also Lolita top 10 pedofaggots

Fake. Where is CoC? I want the Nazi chart, except without the red bg and the swasitkas.

>Nabakov
>Dostoevskyy
>Alghieri
>Bolano
>Bugakov
>Tolkein
>Neitzsche

Same shit as always only interesting thing is 60stories by barthelme

Fake chart made by the Discord.

discord.gg/XZ4wrZR

Real 2017 chart here.

>unironically placing 1984 or Shakespeare at higher positions
also please stop spamming that jewess

no.

better but still shit

say it with me

F A K E
A
K
E

L I S T
I
S
T

red x's for read!

No, it isn’t the best books of all time, it literally is your favorite books. That’s why I don’t understand why little baby bitches like you are complaining to the surveyor about book placement. It is individual taste.

Seeing how exhausting this chart thing was, it doesn't seem likely that another chart will happen again. It may be your guys' last chance to intellectually masturbate with one of these

Since i came here i like to read things you dont like or arent popular here desu senpai

>tfw i voted for the only 5 books ive read in the last 6 years

how did you not read any of these in school? 1984? count of monte cristo? animal farm? lord of the flies? catcher in the rye? dorian grey? fahrenheit 451?

Why would you purposely leave off coc? Now it's no more legitimate than fake one.

Why are the fonts so blurry?

What's even the point, if every year is the same?

One hundred years from now tastes will have changed, and if we have a chart for every year between now and then, then we will have a good record of the evolution of lit's top 100.

I fixed it for you.

72/100 here

None of those books were assigned to me if you can believe it. I was even in AP English. In Junior year I had a terrible teacher and we only read nonfiction. In Senior year we read a lot of plays, mostly Shakespeare but Oedipus too, Frankenstein, Toni Morrison and so on

>no Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

stay pleb Veeky Forums

>Complete Works
Fucking garbo.

>That sjw Odyssey book cover

Meh, the list is alright. At least there are a couple of fresh books in there, but a shame there's not as much French lit as the meme chart that was spammed here for the past six months. Please correct the spelling errors and upload a less blurry picture.

>Deleting books like CoC and JBP.

Can we have a re-do without a fag OP?

votes were overwhelmingly in favor of leaving your dumb /pol/ memes off the chart strawpoll.me/14776329/r

And maps of meaning only got one actual vote, though 8 voted for it in the best meme category.

Because of the text, the numbers and the tops of the books don't line up. Look at numbers 32, 33, 34, and others. I'm triggered. Absolutely disgusting.

>tripfag cries over something no one asked him to do.
>he thinks it's important or something
>he does it for free
>implying charts are a fucking big deal
Do you guys never thought why IJ was number juan for so long?
Fucking newfags I swear, I want my pynchonposting back.
Why did everyone suddenly took it so seriously now? is it because of reddit fame? when someone posted the chart on imgur?
I don't even remember the board being this fast and having a fucking gay ass /sfg/ and this much /pol/posting.

>Deleting books like CoC
We reddit now. Wrongthink must be censored. Now we have two illegitimate 2017 charts.

Who the hell read Monte Cristo in its entirety in school?

I'm still a top 100 pleb. I just read Stoner and couldn't put it down. Finished it in one day in two sittings. (What the fuck was Edith's problem?) What should I read next?

>Molloy, Malone Dies, The Unnameable
Fucking based. Can we boost this to the top 10 by the end of this year?

What next?

This for me too, so I missed a lot of shit. My Honors English classes in high school were Lord of the Flies, Siddhartha, 1984, and Animal Farm for freshman and sophomore year if I remember. Junior year was plays, Les Miserables and the greeks (we even had a guest speaker come in to orally tell parts of the Odyssey. Pretty cool) Senior year we just wrote a research paper on a work of literature. Mine was on Death of a Salesman. I wanted to do Invisible Man, but we actually had a black student in class, so he got dibs on that.

Why is the OP such a whiny faggot

Is it literature? No? Okay, then fuck off.

>Is it literature?
yes

>2017
>MOBY DICK IS 1ST

HAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD YOU FUCKING CLOWNS

daily reminder OP rigged votes, allowed multiple submissions and then told his discord lackeys to ballot stuff, and arbitrarily removed books and votes he didn't like

That explains the butthurt. It's always that kind of person who becomes incensed over other people's "ingratitude" aka their pathological desire for control fails to come to fruition and they lose all interest.

fucking pynchonfags

Not a bad list, overall. I've read half of them, so more work to do.

>Things change over time
Wow, who would have thought that an anonymous forum would be different after two years.

This is a fake chart created by the cretins in the "Veeky Forums" Discord server.

The Discord is populated by a bunch of posers who'd rather name drop entry level bullshit than have a legitimate discussion. The general chat was completely dead after a few exchanges of childish namedropping so I proceeded to make a lighthearted shitpost to stir discussion. For daring to discuss visual novels and anime in the general chat, and doing some basic trolling (god forbid you joke around on a Veeky Forums server) I was banned. A word of advice, don't call it a general chat if you're restricting the type of discussion to literature you idiots. Especially don't do this if you already have a literature channel. You may also want to consider allowing for someone to play devil's advocate instead of banning them, that way more people will actually engage in a discussion. Oh yes, let's not forget the (female) mod dick sucking. That one never gets old does it? Overall I was very disappointed with the level of discourse on what is supposed to be one of the most elite boards on Veeky Forums. It seemed to be populated solely by teenagers, who were in it for the e-cred. There wasn't a single person of value (aside from the lovely Kurikame#05) to be found.

What a bunch of phonies.

>female mod
I hope that's part of the shitposting. If not, the Veeky Forums discord is doomed.

No, I'm not joking. Her name is Mal. All of a sudden she asked me about Thucydides heavily implying she was going to ban me if I didn't give her a satisfactory answer, so of course I chose to give her a non serious reply. Then another admin chimed in and said I had five messages to "make it up to her" or they'd ban me. Powertripping.

join and find out babygirl

No thanks. I'm on fucking erp and pony discord channels and the Veeky Forums one sounds more embarrassing if is true.

Thank you, SurveyFag. I know it's a ton of work to make OC, and I really appreciate all the effort you put in to this.

makes you miss the days of shinytat

It is 100% true you can join and use the search function for Thucydides to see the exchange. My posts were likely deleted but you can still see it on their end.

this

Looks like someone in this discord is a janitor, because they randomly deleted my post for no reason.

This is a fake chart created by the cretins in the "Veeky Forums" Discord server.

The Discord is populated by a bunch of posers who'd rather name drop entry level bullshit than have a legitimate discussion. The general chat was completely dead after a few exchanges of childish namedropping so I proceeded to make a lighthearted shitpost to stir discussion. For daring to discuss visual novels and anime in the general chat, and doing some basic trolling (god forbid you joke around on a Veeky Forums server) I was banned. A word of advice, don't call it a general chat if you're restricting the type of discussion to literature you idiots. Especially don't do this if you already have a literature channel. You may also want to consider allowing for someone to play devil's advocate instead of banning them, that way more people will actually engage in a discussion. Oh yes, let's not forget the (female) mod dick sucking. That one never gets old does it? Overall I was very disappointed with the level of discourse on what is supposed to be one of the most elite boards on Veeky Forums. It seemed to be populated solely by teenagers, who were in it for the e-cred. There wasn't a single person of value (aside from the lovely Kurikame#05) to be found.

What a bunch of phonies.

wow beastmode

>only Portuguese book is Book of DIsquiet
Into the trash it goes

>The Discord is populated by a bunch of posers who'd rather name drop entry level bullshit than have a legitimate discussion
I hope you're not implying OP's list had any sort of 'legitimate discussion' to it.

No, these lists are stupid and prone to samefag voting anyway. It's Reddit tier. I just wanted an excuse to post this really.

Oh the people in the Discord just banned an innocent guy for being me. After someone posted this what a bunch of idiots.

>a bunch of posers who'd rather name drop entry level bullshit than have a legitimate discussion
agree, the evidence is in how the rigged 2017 list is still shit
>don't call it a general chat if you're restricting the type of discussion to literature
>wah wah I was banned from a literature chat room for talking about weeb shit instead of literature

Apologies to anyone who got banned for getting confused with the guy who came and just spammed memes and then told us to ban him

lmao you retard, I guarantee Nat is smarter than you

i posted the image and got suspected by the obligatory mod that was bullied in school but no one banned me guys

You got banned for spamming pictures of your dick

Great job, OP, now post it on imgur so we can get 500,000 views and flooded with r/books for the next half year.

Embarrassing.

wait so was this list actually polled by someone in litcord? I was pretty sure that was just retard false flag shitposting.

Are they smart enough to root out my real account? I
Not me. I was just the guy talking about visual novels.

The gay ass lit discord banned for daring to do Trump memes

>Invite people from Veeky Forums
>ban them when they do Veeky Forums things
So are you just sad that daddy moot never let you be a mod? Or are you a newfag that wishes Veeky Forums would change to suit your tastes?

FUCK LIT DISCORD YOU PRETENTIOUS NERDS WHO CAN'T TAKE A FUCKING CLASSIC POL JOKE SNOWFLAKES

i mentioned this in another thread but the last 3 top 100s (2016, 2017 v1, 2017 v2 (this one)) were done by the lit discord. believe me or not but you can dig through the archives, theres a lot of "evidence"

they dont really try to hide it, these threads are just egotripping shitshows anyway

Nice work virgin... Lol

They are low IQ and can only resort to strawmanning their opposition through obvious shitposts like these instead of offering a rebuttal:

Meanwhile a single man is taking their whole operation down.

There's no evidence for this one. Unless it's on litcord but I'm not joining that shithole out of curiosity.

You've just revealed yourself falseflagger.

Everyone this is a litcord poster who goes by "Jeremy 12". He's an old style Veeky Forums shitposter. His style is instantly recognizable.

He's trying to play us like a fiddle, but I, a single man, can play him like the fool he is.

What rebuttal? It's pretty clear that they just don't like Veeky Forums, but want the cool kid points for saying they do if they're banning over what is very common and acceptable behavior on the actual site the minute they get a modicum of power. I don't understand why someone would make a Veeky Forums discord channel and then not allow the things that happen on Veeky Forums to happen there. It's like saying "I like the book Lolita, but I'm not a pedophile so I'm going to rewrite it word for word except change her age to 21." What the fuck is the point at that point?

Veeky Forums hasn't always been the shithole that it is now. Mods used to ban retards, yet here you are.

No sorry, I'm much greater than Jeremy. I'm just some guy that wandered into the Discord because I wanted a cute anime girlfriend. I was banned shortly afterwards, clearly the mods were threatened.
An assurance at least that they are not the tyrants I am painting them out to be? No assurances though. Tacit agreement.

You want an anime girlfriend yet have your composure broken by discord on Discord?

You have much to learn young one, with age you will gain a better view of the world. Good luck, you young shining star.

Great thread guys. Really top work. Proud of us.

This is the only Veeky Forums. there is no Veeky Forums outside of Veeky Forums. it's healthy if litcord is trying to carve out its own culture. the reason I dont go on there is actually because of the shitposting. Veeky Forums works well with shitposting, on a chat server it's a trainwreck which destroys any and all discussion.

So can we all agree that litcord is a gay normalfaggot enclave but still made a better top 100?

OP -is- from litcord
we're basically comparing which litcord chart is better at this point
the absolute state of Veeky Forums in 2018.

>OP -is- from litcord
sauce on this hot claim?

read the last 4 threads, he got called out multiple times

I've destroyed the pretenders, nothing left exists. Rest at ease. The Discord is dead.

OP is actually from asjacord. A discord that split off from litcord. It's composed of /soc/posting teenagers who don't read. The "surveyfag" is also known as Percy, or Gouki.

by the one spamming shitposter with no screencaps or anything? not even a handle?

his tag is Percy, there were some caps but then they locked down the cord and deleted a lot of posts, and banned a lot of people

or are you just percy trying to divert attention...