Recommend Me Some Authors/Books

I'm a pathetic 26 year old depressed virgin who's done absolutely nothing with his life. I've never experienced sex or started building my family. All I think about these days is death. I don't want to kill myself or hurt other people, but I often think about the time that my dogs, my mother, my father, and lastly I myself will die.

I lie awake at night until I cry myself to sleep. I feel helpless and utterly disappointed in the reality we live in. Nothing comforts me.

I'm not joking. This is how I actually am. I know I'm a loser.

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/files/1717/1717-h/1717-h.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

recommend you go back livejournal gaylord

Read something comfy.

Candide.

Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
Notes from Underground
War and Peace
anything written by Cioran

Read The Flying Inn by Chesterton

I'm 25 (26 in April) and also a virgin but I haven't it keep me down. I just look to the many benefits:

-I'm really good at masturbation
-I spend no money on women and am able to save a lot
-I have tons of free time with which I write, read, see friends, etc.
-I eat essentially whatever I want and don't care about my body image (which is great)

Honestly, like I'd try sex if the opportunity presents itself, but I'm fine for the time being continuing as I am. I'm in line to get a pretty hefty inheritance too.

stop being so hard on yourself...maybe there is still a chance for you to meet someone. book rec charles Baudelaire. best of luck man

Harlan Ellison's stuff is a good read if you want to feel some despair.

gutenberg.org/files/1717/1717-h/1717-h.htm

The Elementary Particles, by Michel Houellebecq.

Better to Never Have Been AND the Human Predicament, by David Benatar.

Pnin, by Vladimir Nabokov.

Hopefully those are of some value to you.

What you need to read is self help. set yourself goals, write it down on paper, write down each day what you will do to move towards your goal, focus on how much time your brain is spent in a passive mode( eg tasks which you do not contribute to like watching tv) and try to do more "active" activities (reading, learning, excercising). Remember that it costs nothing to improve yourself. Remember that the world doesn't owe you anything. Do not fall into a trap of self loathing and depression, this swallows up your time and only makes your life worse. But most importantly find your passion and pursue it, depending on said passion you will more than likely be poor, but developing a skill in a field you care about will fulfill you and make you happier, and it's obviously clear that happiness is what you desire. Stay positive.

>I'd try sex if the opportunity presents itself
It never will. You are the man, you must persue

This. It's pathetic that some "men" passively drift through their lives taking gladly any deficiency or abuse that comes their way and never seizing anything. Like water they take the path of least resistance and therefore will always be trampled on by bolder men who date to assert themselves.

*dare to assert themselves

This is me. I want to change so I can get qt gf and feel good about myself. Never victimise yourself or get angry at someone else

The probability is high that when you think you're asserting yourself, you just look like a complete fool. Nope, the solution is having self-worth, and still treating others well.

Woyzeck

Just go to a gym.

It's confidence more than anything that makes you attractive.

My best friend is a multi-millionaire (in terms of inheritance) and not a bad looking guy at all. He's a 21 year old virgin though because he's shy as hell and if a girl pursues him, he'll fuck it up by thinking he needs to "change" something or that she's not attractive. At this point, his sex drive is so low he's basically an enuch, and he has to watch all his friends talk about women silently, grinning like a schoolboy.

This isn't always true. Before I developed social anxiety girls would ask me out all the time. Only once did I have to ask a girl out. I'm not even good looking. To this day I still wonder why they liked me so much.