Veeky Forums approved cities?

Veeky Forums approved cities?

shit, prague? i dunno. only place i been is kcmo, and that's deffo lit approved. also st louis, but that's only good for vollmann style lit, gritty chunky crazy shit.

I feel Dublin is pretty Veeky Forums.

There are a lot of tacky pubs with signs like "OSCAR WILDE USED TO WORK HERE" but there's a lot more subtle literary references hidden away, mainly in the old center. The Winding Stair is a comfy bookstore, The Gingerman is a good pub, and a lot of writers used to hang out at Grogans.

Your average Dublin Irishman is more of a softly-Americanised jock than an intellectual, but there's still a strong culture of reading and poetry. I drunkenly spoke to a bum about Hardy and Thompson and then he tried to sell me craic.

I lived in Dublin for 5 years. It's pretty nice, but recently it's started to gentrify at a really alarming rate. The tech boom has ruined Dublin. It's nearly impossible to live there on anything but some finance or tech job, and as a consequence of this, you only meet these people in the pubs.

That said, excellent choice of pubs. I fucking loved the gingerman.

I agree. Prague is extremely Veeky Forums. Kleinseite and Oldtown especially.

>le pubs

Who gives a fuck. Another Dubliner here and anyone who still goes to pubs is either a LARPer or a dipshit normie.
They made sense in Joyce's day when they were the only places to go for a conversation but nowadays practicallly nobody worth speaking to will be found in one of these overpriced piss pots

All these old European cities look the same

Not those you carpetbombed in WW2.

Ha. Shouldn't have been Nazis I guess

none because cities are fucking gay

What's Veeky Forums-approved about KCMO? All I know is Hemingway wrote for a newspaper here for a while, and our library's kind of cool.

the plaza, truman, and its history is quite lit. check out meet the past: Tom Pendergast
berry berry interesting. you'll get a taste of irish gangsters shaping our country.

Which is a proof that there exists objective beauty.

Urban geopolitics is highly interesting tbqh.

Dublin, Moscow, Budapest, Hong Kong, Quebec City

San Francisco is pretty lit. Pic related.

Not really. They're all just rat nests

Notes from Underground is borderline pleb literature because of its brevity.

Any recommendations user? I'm a student here. I came to Ireland in many ways because of the imprint of my father.

I don't think that's necessarily the case user. Pubs are fucking overpriced and the tech boom and gentrification hurt Dublin, but I've had plenty of nights drinking Tennants with a group of friends and going into a pub and ordering two or three pints. I imagine it will never be what it was, but it's something, and it's easy to talk to people if you don't think they're idiots.

Just go to the country. It's much better. Cities are for faggots.

vienna
le european cultural center

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

>...
It's a shit cafe and San Francisco is a shit city.

>two different font styles

Its not just the techboom, alcohol tax is also ridiculously high in Ireland to the point of prohibitively expensive for anyone under 25. When young people in Ireland drink they don't go to pubs they buy alcohol from supermarkets and go to somebodies house. Which means that social circles have become overly relient on network contacts and congeniality. As a result I can not be bothered to have friends in this country and I just stay alone.

It used to be in Ireland you go to the pub and you have to accept everyone there because thats the nature of an open establishment for the entire community. You had to have a tolerance and openness of people from different views and pathologies and its where Ireland's great history of originality came from.
In todays culture you need to be in the circle to get in the door and in order to do so you have to tow all the lines and rub all the shoulders.
Its just become totally disgusting to me.

>I've never been to a lock out
That said, Dublin's always been shit.

thank god for wetherspoons, am i rite

it's a lock-in mr devil. a lock-out is when you lock the boss out, lock-in where you lock the customers in.

>writing an ellipsis with four dots
opinion discarded

This should be illegal

>It used to be in Ireland you go to the pub and you have to accept everyone there
lad I can remember before offies were closed at 10. the local was not more friendly to the "non-locals" and who was not local was at discretion of the manager. lots of places now can't compete like that and try to fill the bar, rather than the other way around.

most pubs were not tolerant and it's less common now that the entire place stares at you when you stroll in. are you sure you're not foreign?

who cares, reading should be done comfortably inside your room with your cat sleeping on the bed next to your chair

Thats still a million times better than the stiaution now. The only reason people don't act like that anymore is because pubs have just become glorified vending machines full of atomized clients.

salzburg is nice

nothing makes me happier

I get a real kick out of living in a proper dive in Liverpool and feeling like Raskolnikov or something, it's so destitute

>not living in a UNESCO City of Literature

Is there a more pseud place than Polanco, Mexico City? All their streets are named after great writers, philosophers and scientists, yet the place is everything but Veeky Forums. Just a bunch of basic bitches in malls.

Den ihr alle wißt, den ihr alle wißt
Er sitzt geduckt hinter der grauen Flut
voll Neid, voll Mut, voll Schläue, voll List
durch Wasser getrennt, die sind dicker als Blut
Wir wollen treten in ein Gericht
einen Schwur zu schwören, Gesicht in Gesicht
einen Schwur von Erz, den verbläst kein Wind,
einen Schwur für Kind und für Kindeskind.
Vernehmt das Wort, sagt nach das Wort
es wälze sich durch ganz Deutschland fort:
Wir wollen nicht lassen von unserm Haß
Wir haben alle nur einen Haß
Wir lieben vereint, wir hassen vereint
Wir haben alle nur einen Feind:
England

not really m9. you seem to have flipflopped your position, and most places are populated by people who can remember when the offies didn't close at 10. it could just be you're young and haven't settled.

not every pub has been a local- most places even in the boonies have a local and a general pub, or failing the second, a snug and second room for the former. you might be hanging out in the wrong ones, or not long enough, to get recognised by the bar tender and manager. it's no more atomized than when kavanagh et al almost got arrested demanding whores.

Anyone in Madrid? Thinking of doing a bit of teaching over there.

go to barcelonia

Why?

Yes I am young and if I go to a pub I want to see other young people. I couldn't give less of a shit about the manager.
I just see nothing in social life in Ireland worth approaching, there's not a pub in Ireland where I can find people tuned into the things I find interesting and funny.

come to besiktas

Is NYC not Veeky Forums anymore?

everywhere is Veeky Forums
nowhere is Veeky Forums

Yeah, just not Brooklyn

That's Turkey right. I was thinking Istanbul would be cool cause I met some guys in Budapest last year.

>voluntarily living among T*rks

you're lucky and unlucky in some ways you're not older. we used have to make our own fun and there was generally one place/cafe per city where you could get a cup of tea at 10pm which wasn't a pub and so your underage m8s could come too. but because we had fuck all to do, lots of my friends started shit like entertainment acts and venues (even fucking cinemas)
you can make your own fun if you've a crowd of you, and getting kicked out by the manager can help. i'm sure in dublin a lot of them are more hip than fun, but there's bound to be a crowd of ye who don't mind sitting in a back room listening to tommo's jokes or punk guitar solo and byob&drugs. half the fun shit in ireland is set up by one weirdo and his two m8 who spend most of the set up time mocking him.
stop complaining the local won't let you join its sekrit club and invade the local with your seckrit club.

If there are whores, cheap drinks and some English libraries/bookstores I could care less.

Please I'm 23. I've been around the block, been through University and I investigated these circles. You're right they're all hip no fun, I never met such self consumed scum in my life. Incapable of any ernest conversation or friendship. They slinked around like every conversation was a networking opportunity in their vile little social career ladders.

No, I've come to the belief any real human beans were just as much disgusted as I was and sit alone in their little screen lit rooms just like me. My plan is to finish my grad studies and emmigrate as soon as possible.

Any place in mind?

I'm moving to Manhattan in August. I know Brooklyn has the hipster faggot aesthetic. Is that why it's not Veeky Forums?

America, anywhere around the North East.

>Is that why it's not Veeky Forums?

Yeah, its lame as hell. Rest of New York is amazing though

lad you're kind of killing my buzz and we could be talking poetry or about which trees are the best to jump into a polluted river from. lighten up a bit, work out what kind of fun you want to have, and then kick any hipster fuck caught networking out of your gaffe. it's pretty simple: if you want to manage the crowd, be the manager.
i used be bouncer at a lot of this shit, you can kick people out for fucking anything if you want to wind up alone again. or you can kick people out and still have forty people willing to sit on a floor in their jackets with a can of dutch and watch solaris high off their nut. your life, lad.

I'm always the one to be exiled, not the other way around. Maybe by some dipshit slow swaying branch like yourself. Same fucking attitude of get with the program or be damned, I'll be damned.

Nah go to the Southeast, their small cities are comfy
Knoxville is pretty Veeky Forums, so is Savannah but they're more just lit

DC during the fall and winter

lad, i'm saying you can make the programme. you don't want a certain type showing up to your event and YOU can fucking exile THEM. stop with the bawbaw woe is me nonsense and make an event you would like to go to. chances are you're not alone and some other cunts are tired of those cunts too and would like to go somewhere they can be with people like you.
your lack of faith in your own kind wouldn't have made me kick you out. you seem more like you need a bit of a push to be social to be honest famalam

You are a massive edgelord and the problem is not other people, it's you.

dublin, prague, amsterdam & paris if you can find yourself a good group instead of some bourgeoisie american

>You are a massive edgelord
True
>the problem is not other people, it's you.
False

>dub is full of himself
nothing changes

Knoxville Veeky Forums is contained within a one mile radius old city
Too small to be of note

Sunny and sad at the same time.

>Food
>Poetry
>Darn good coffee

Pick one

DC in the winter is fucking miserable, spring is where its at

Nothing like wandering around capitol heights on a late march day

>DC in the winter is fucking miserable

Thats what makes it so lit

>knoxville's Veeky Forums is just the old city
>suttree's isn't even in the old city

Wow, it's named after a Dostoyevsky novel and has ellipses in the title. That's how you know it's pretty deep and brooding.

Imagine being this wrong

Seriously

>no public restrooms
no wonder there's something wrong with your liver

No its definitely Pewaukee

plus café without accent is just pushing it

small rural/wilderness areas are more lit

Suttree's is within a mile radius of the Old City. Actually, everything in Knoxville is within a mile of the Old City. Tiny ass city.

These are the only correct posts in this thread so far

Phoenix, AZ

prove me wrong you can't

Fuck off you autist

More or less, same with The Old Man and the Sea. It's the go to book for people who want to appear intellectual because it's such a short read that even illiterates can basically read it in a day.