Anyone know more authors like Bataille, Lautreamont, Kafka, and Pessoa?

Anyone know more authors like Bataille, Lautreamont, Kafka, and Pessoa?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decadent_movement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Have you read Naked Lunch yet?
You just named 4 of my favorite authors, and while I have my reservations about Burroughs Naked Lunch is my favorite book of all time.

Bruno Schulz, Robert Walser

No
Might as well name Gombrowicz and Mishima (who loved Gombrowicz and Bataille)

they also fit, a bit less than the ones I mentioned

maurice blanchot perhaps

Italianfag here, I haven't read Bataille and Lautremont, but I can suggest Cesare Pavese (similar to Pessoa) and Dino Buzzati (similar to Kafka)

Pavese isn’t simialir to Pessoa at all. Even giving you the benefit of the doubt, the only thing you could grasp at is their use of silence, but their silences are disparate and not even remotely similar

can someone explain to me pessoa's appeal ?

Thomas Bernhard

I'm at a miss here, what exactly are you looking for in general terms?

Socially awkward
Depressive
a e s t h e t i c
Celibate
Bitter

Like a Veeky Forums starter pack circa 2015

Okay, hands down if you know more than me! I just thought their existentialism and attitude towards life are very similar.

Have you read his diaries? I have read about 50 pages and it reminded me of the book of disquiet a lot. But yeah, if you're referring to the moon and the bonfire, that's not like Pessoa at all.

>Have you read his diaries? I have read about 50 pages and it reminded me of the book of disquiet a lot
I'm the other Italianfag and that's what I was thinking about in the first post

check out paul celan.

also, love lautreamont.

oh, of course there's the rest of the poete maudit. verlaine, rimbaud, baudelaire, etc.

pic is paul celan, forgot on last post.

Not sure I'm seeing the connections here but maybe Hubert Selby Jr.

Krasznahorkai
Svevo
Bely
Genet
Blanchot
Klossowski
Jabes
Guyotat
Nerval
Weiss
Kis

Anyway, all of you brainlets, the word you're looking for to group these authors together, is Decadentism. Thank me later.

You’re a retard

(You)

Kill yourself

Maybe a pleb like you should

Decadentism refers specifically to a fin-de-sicle aesthetic which includes people such as Rimbaud, Baudelaire, Huysmans, Mirbeau -- NOT most of the authors named. You stupid brainlet.

cont. from there isn't really a singular aesthetic movement linking all the authors ITT together, but it's fairly obvious that OP is looking for formally challenging works dealing with such things as limit-experiences, isolation, etc.

>Rimbaud, Baudelaire, Huysmans, Mirbeau
They're Symbolists. Decadentism is a wider literary trend born between the second half of the 19th century and the first decades of the 20th century, which include Symbolists and many other authors, among which are Kafka, Mann, Pessoa, Svevo, Pirandello, Wilde, Huysmans. Decadentism can also be described as the trend that comes after Romanticism and Realism, and precedes the avantgarde movements of the early 20th century. This is what school taught me.

I can agree, though, that the authors mentioned by op share features that transcend the Decadent movement. They're not, of course, necessarily similar to Wilde, Baudelaire, D'Annunzio or whoever. I was just trying to suggest a term to define their poetics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decadent_movement

this is flat-out wrong though. Decadentism is basically a late-Romantic movement. Kafka, Svevo and others are quintessentially Modernist

Modernism and Decadentism are nearly exchangeable terms. It really depends on the habit. Each school system has its own. For example you will barely hear anyone speaking about Modernism in Italian schools. And that's the same reason why "Decadentism" is so little used on this board, which is mostly frequented by English-speaking people.

I'll give you that there's a difference though. While Modernism indicates a style, an aesthetic, a certain set of values and ideas, Decadentism is more like a zeitgeist, a fin-de-siecle climate that gathers different and at times very different experiences and movements.

Sorry if I spoke like a tedious scholar.