So, Veeky Forums?

So, Veeky Forums?

That's the absolute truth.

We've been bred to impress, to compete

*proceeds to read Ready Player One*

i’ll get my lit list read in this life or the next

i thught the frogs were wrong even though dionysos was drunk and so kind of making up their argument/?

Nobody should read that.

t. Neo-nazi frogboy

Good. You'll discover how shit it is on your own rather than just taking everyone's word for it. If I suffer then everyone must.

Trigger status: checked

>Fuck what everyone else says, I'm going to eat these berries to find out they're toxic on my own instead of taking everyone else's word for it

What a fucking retarded analogy.

Not him but its actually solid

As if the word of Veeky Forums were trustworthy.

It was a good analogy, in fact. I Mena, if you subscribe to the idea that an idea can be toxic to a person or a people, as I do. And that a book is a vessel for that toxin in the same way the berry is. But, you know, maybe that's just me.

I just mean reading a shitty book is like physically getting the shits

/thread

>fuck them they're not trustworthy I'm gonna eat this berry everyone says is toxic anyway
I mean, yeah, go ahead. One of you will be wrong.

It is kind of of.

Aside from religious texts, you usually can tell just by a description of the book and the types of people who like it whether or not you'll agree with it or not.

But eh, I usually try to read everything in a certain subject anyway so you are right in some ways.

I honestly don't think people should be recommending Atlas Shrugged, a behemoth of a book, for instance. It is extremely poorly done. I would rather people read Rand's non-fiction. It's shorter and straight to the point.

I mean, I also agree with that analogy. But, you know, maybe that's just me.

>if you subscribe to the idea that an idea can be toxic to a person or a people, as I do

Reading is deepening.

If you lads don't understand this, you better save time for something else.

I'm all for user eating toxic berries, speaking for my own part.

I frogpost more than ever now because it's a throwback to when it used be this board's biggest problem
simpler times

>Reads Maximum Ride.
>dies.

All poison is safe in small enough doses. YA books are what, about 300 pages?

>implying YA trash is potent in any way, shape, or form.

Reading a shitty book is like consuming art that makes you go "huh" in a bad way.

>food analogy
Back to /v/