/penpal/

Who else here /penpal/?

Other urls found in this thread:

studentsoftheworld.info/
m.soundcloud.com/user-463512801/sets/chillin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

can we do a Veeky Forums penpal? i could do that, with bullshit phrases from our shit

I personally don't post on Veeky Forums at all but thought you guys would like to see this.

I'm a /k/ boy only for the most part, but if someone really wanted I might do it.

the only letters I ever recieved from a 'penpal' were grooming letters from a stoner who was trying to seduce me during the weeks following our mutual friend's suicide.

is she qt?

Wouldn't you like to know?

Yes, she is.

>Be me in 9th grade German class
>Teacher assigns us e-mail pen-pals
>Get a German girl named Annika
>Her introductory email talks about how she likes to "ride it" on the weekends
>She didn't know how to say horseback riding
>Gossip about hot celebrities and things in the best broken German/English we can
>Get a bit bored, stop responding to her right away
>Ignore e-mail for like two months, I was 14
>Finally check it and find the last few e-mails she ever sent me
>"Why not you write to me anymore?"
>Too ashamed to ever write back

Looks cute, but I would probably just use it to improve my handwriting instead of trying to reach out to another person.

>miss michael
Cute. Where did you find her? Im interested in a foreign penpal

>he hasn't traveled to Taiwan and slept with his penpal yet

it wont be long before some other Taiwanese man (men) start getting in her panties then you'll stop receiving those letters op...

just sayin'

this. next thing you know, she'll be on asian street meat

So I sent her a post card after she told me she wanted to exchange New Years cards. I was in a hurry to get my new ID so I could pick up a gun so I just grabbed a New Years card from CVS and threw in a Dollar/Quarter/Dime/Nickel/Penny as a souvenir and wrote a paragraph in english with a complementary close in Chinese.

She got mine a couple days ago and said she liked it, but then I just got this and now I feel p bad for not sending her a nicer card.

Oh well, I'm going to keep this forever and if I visit Taiwan some day I'll say hello.

You fricked up kraut boy.

Lmao ikr

>Where did you find her? Im interested in a foreign penpal

I was about to say, my professor just showed me and like one other classmate this website since we're his best students and now SE Asian qts hit me up on the reg. Total player at this point, can't contain all the b's.

studentsoftheworld.info/

Click "Penpals" on the left then "REGISTER" in the center. Make an ad and people will just hit you up. Also nothing stopping you from messaging a thousand people but I like to let them find me mostly.

My Ref ID: 1343944

I'm not purposefully seeking a relationship this way. She's 21 and thousands of miles away.

me, i don't know how it would work out on Veeky Forums. i knew a lot of mine before one of us moved.
btw the barcode at the bottom of the envelope you want to blur too, it's probably your address for machine reading.

CanI get some more of this story?

>studentsoftheworld.info/

Did you register for snail mail penpals specifically? Or did you make an ad and then share your address with each other?

No she gave me her address and I gave her mine

Cool thanks. How long did it take until you got responses?

Not long at all, and I'm still getting them.

Make your profile interesting and ask for a region specifically, people like it when you ask for their homeland.

>drop out of college
>find a job with USPS as a mail carrier
>way fucking harder than I thought it'd be
>but it pays decently well and I'm starting to get in shape for the first time in my life from walking so much
>eventually get promoted, given my own mail route to do every day
>walk 7 miles a day but the masochist in me has learned to like it
>get to know some of the customers I see regularly
>one little old lady in particular
>disabled, so she arranged with the PO to have me bring her mail inside to her every day
>would always end up talking my ear off, usually 10-15 minutes
>mail job is very strict about time management so it's gets annoying sometimes
>she's really sweet though, sometimes would give me candy or something
>eventually lets on that her kids and grandkids never visit
>realize me and a nurse who comes twice a week are the only people she sees regularly
>try not to get annoyed when I'm running late and she keeps trying to get me to stay longer
>fast forward a year or so, I finally get my act together and enroll in college again
>little old lady gets sad when I tell her I'm leaving
>give her my home address so she can keep in touch (I know hers by heart ofc)
>she sends me cards and notes all the time, usually 2-3 for every one I send her
>usually just same old small talk, sometimes asks if I'd come visit or take her to a dialysis appointment or something
>still like hearing from her, but busy now with college
>never get around to visiting after I left the job
>eventually cards aren't so frequent
>keep telling myself to write back, but I put it off
>realize it's been over a year since her last card
>get a sick feeling
>google her name
>first result is her obituary
I'm sorry Phyllis. Treat your pen pals right, guys.

CUTE!

F

At least you made those last few years nicer for her...

>google her name
>first result is her obituary
Fuck :( I am sorry user. If it means anything what you did was great

Cheers, m8

borp

>But many sand will run to the eyes, not very comfortable.
>Not because of this destroy our happy mood.
This is beautiful. I'm touched.

I have nothing to say to another human being except to explain I have nothing to say.

That's pretty deep and profound

I had a penpal once. We used to send each other messages on this thing called WhatsApp. I have heard of Facebook messenger, but I'm not interested in it because the only person I'd be brave enough to send a friend request is mother. Anyway, I knew my penpal from school. I wrote him a letter on the WhatsApp. He sent a short letter back so I wrote another one to him, but I don't think he has received it yet.

>I also want to take pictures with you ha ha

Do you not have any hobbies besides literature? I'm sure you could find somebody similar on the website should you list your interests honestly. It's what I did and now I got tons of people asking me about guns, which is really nice considering I just get to flex on those nerds that can't own them in Asia like "Yup, I'm an American and I'm cool as fuck, look at these guns."

Of course I don't actually say that but it is nice to have people so interested in your hobby simply because it's almost like a forbidden fruit where they live. That being said, there's ALWAYS people trying to learn English and anybody willing to help is greatly appreciated. If you feel I'm shilling a little too hard it's because I actually just really like this website now, since it gives me an excuse to just listen to music and help foreigners with hilariously broken English. It's a very uniquely cool feeling when they start mimicking your writing since they don't truly understand the complexity of certain words and phrases.

Speaking of music, this is what I listen to when I read or work online, a very relaxing playlist and I feel it helps me concentrate since it's so simple.

m.soundcloud.com/user-463512801/sets/chillin

Also the fact that a lot of the sounds have rain in the background might do some placebo stuff but I'm no psychologist.

Yeah some indonesian girl messaged me on the website I mentioned and told me to download it. I mentioned her parents might not be happy with her talking and sharing images with kafir but she wasn't deterred.

;)